Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Valentine Day massacre

As the commentator put it.

Villa 6 down at home to Liverpool with twenty minutes to go.

In some ways it was a decent week-end for us, bearing in mind the strength of West ham this season, with Newcastle getting hammered and Bournemouth and Swansea both losing at home.

Sunderland''s win was the bad one.

If only we could put together a mini-run of three-pointers to steer clear of this little lot as they all appear to be quite dreadful. The results of others has now really become one of our real glimmers of hope, I fear.

Perhaps Leicester might be over-confident and we sneak a win, for a starters.

if we throw 2 nil leads away and can not beat this villa team it will not be long before we are back in bottom 3

yesterday / Liverpool / villa should have been 9 more pts

I didn''t expect to beat Liverpool or west ham but when you have 2 goal leads to chuck them away is embarrassing

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Villa 6 down at home to Liverpool with twenty minutes to go.[/quote]I blame Paul Lambert........

It really does go to show how awful we were against Villa - the worst premier league side for many a season. As norfolkngood pointed out if we throw away two goal leads and fail to turn up against a rank p*ss poor side we deserve everything that follows. Brady''s interview on MOTD last night gave me the impression that he won''t be playing championship football next season even if we are.

West Ham were poor. It was 2 points dropped. We need to get something at Leicester as Chelsea will rip our defence to bits. I actually think we might sneak a point at Leicester if we can keep a good shape and not let them in behind us.

We have a poor record against Leicester City and with their pace up front and work ethic it is highly likely they will rip us a new one.

Our best chance is to play a gang of brickies and hang onto the ball long enough for them to brick up our goal.