Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

Out of the bottom three

No way!

That is 3 points lost again through horrendous mismanagement from Alex Neil who didnt make the changes the second we went 2-0 up. To not shut up shop is inexcusable and this is now clearly not down to bad luck!

Yep let''s blame the manager that managed to lift and get a performance out of a totally demoralised and shambolic group of players.

[quote user="Mooney"]No way!

That is 3 points lost again through horrendous mismanagement from Alex Neil who didnt make the changes the second we went 2-0 up. To not shut up shop is inexcusable and this is now clearly not down to bad luck![/quote]
Now I recognise the fact that you are incredibly thick, as you regularly post drivel that supports that fact, however I would have thought basic maths such as 3(points not gained) minus 1 (point gained) = 2 points lost, not 3 as you proclaim. I have helpfully posted a picture of a book you may find useful below.

Those players some how got themselves 2-0 after being arranged in a very loose and weak lineup. To leave the team weak, exposed and attacking after taking an unexpected advantage is horrendous.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Yep let''s blame the manager that managed to lift and get a performance out of a totally demoralised and shambolic group of players.[/quote]

But who then threw it away as they did two weeks ago at home!

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Yep let''s blame the manager that managed to lift and get a performance out of a totally demoralised and shambolic group of players.[/quote]What, and not blame him for the totally demoralised and shambolic players in the first place?

Kick it off, you seem to be the type of bloke who has a good looking woman talk to him on a night out, mucks it up and then counts going home with a munter a successful night. Hence I stand by my comment that it was 3 points lost.

Ye good to be out of the bottom three until we go 2-0 up against Leicester next weekend and loose 8-2!

Quite a lot to be encouraged about in the performance today. The lost of the two goal lead is a big worry though but at least it was too play by West Ham for the second one at least.

Strange decision to mess with the defence again mid way through the game rather than consolidate by taking off Redmond and playing two banks of four for twenty mins.

Very nice to be out of the relegation places though, actually does give cause for optimism

[quote user="Mooney"]Hence I stand by my comment that it was 3 points lost.[/quote]
Stand by it all you like, that doesn''t change the fact you''re wrong and spouting nonsense, because you cannot spin it that we lost 3/3 points when we ended up with 1. If we had lost would you count that as 4 points dropped? We can all agree we cost ourselves the win and dropped 2 points, but let''s not try to warp the basic principles of numeracy in the process. 

3 minus 2 does equal 1 so you can sleep content tonight in your little house. The figure of speech however was that we lost out on the 3 points which we had in our hands and were left with 1. Have a lovely evening being pedantic and doing maths, I''m off to enjoy my "thick" life, until Alex Neil spoils it again next weekend.

In reality we are now worse than we were, even though the table has us 4th from bottom. Table also shows us just 1 point from 19th position, that shouts out far more in my opinion than us sneaking a place  because Chelsea have got their form back.

Save the negativity for another thread. It does look better reading than it did 24 hours ago. We''re back within striking distance of Swansea and not far off Bournemouth as well.

Who knows what will happen vs Leicester, that''s a couple of weeks away. Until then, we''re oficially the 17th best team in the land and that''s the only stat that will ultimately count.

Knowing what we''re like, we''ll get a couple of wins this month only to muck up the games at home to Toon and Sunderland and leave it in the balance until the last couple of games!

For the purpose of this thread though, it''s good to be out of the bottom 3 for a couple of weeks.

Tettey im being neither positive or negative. You say you are feeling good because its 2 weeks outside the bottom 3. Im merely stating facts and being realistic. After yesterday we moved up 1 place courtesy of Chelsea being  back to form. But fact is we are 1 point from 19th when before we were 3 points  from there. To me the realities say we are now factually in a worse position, even if the standings have us 1 place higher.

If hope your logic isn''t followed at the end of the season Essjayess and that it''s still the bottom three that get relegated. I recon it would be unfair if the team fourth from bottom went down due to points difference from the team in 19 place.

The psychology of being out of the bottom three is huge.  That point yesterday was a hard earned point against a team with better players.  You think our defence is bad then take a look at Newcastle and Swansea''s goals against yesterday.  The if we had let in the goal that Swansea did yesterday, this board would be in meltdown.  A striker standing six yards in front of the goalkeeper with no player anyone near him.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozShxkGi_h0So there are teams around us that are struggling as much as us to keep their heads above water.  It''s a fight and always was going to be that, so to get out of the bottom three is a big positive.  All to play for.

[quote user="Mooney"]3 minus 2 does equal 1 so you can sleep content tonight in your little house. The figure of speech however was that we lost out on the 3 points which we had in our hands and were left with 1. Have a lovely evening being pedantic and doing maths, I''m off to enjoy my "thick" life, until Alex Neil spoils it again next weekend.[/quote]That''s a bit '' ist ''............KIO might live in a BIG house, or a flat or bungalow even ?  [;)]