Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

What is it with Nathan............ ?

Why is Nathan Redmond so off the boil this season ? looking back at last season, particularly in bot the play off semi''s and at Wembley he was excellent. So much so i was fearing we might lose him in the summer.

Even early in the season, Sunderland away being an obvious one he scored and made one, but since then has only played bit parts, when he has come on he has been quite negative in as much as not making the penetrating runs at defences, often turning the wrong way and passing backwards, admittedly when he came on yesterday as sub, was probably the best he has been in last few months.

Is it the way we play, or is the defences in this league are too strong for him or is it the job he is being asked to do? views anyone?.

I don''t think it helps the he is one of the first to be dropped whenever Neil wants to make changes. Even in the Championship you could Neil didn''t really trust him, often dropping him to the bench.

I think consistently being dropped for players played out of position (like Howson) probably also doesn''t help your confidence.

its just not Nathan ,

its a lot of players are off form in fact i have never known a team with so many out of form under performing players coaches managers are supposed to get the best out of players

i said it on a different thread

bassong had a mistake in him one in 5 games now it is twice a game

R martin was always solid player not the best but solid now shot to bits

ruddy never world class but could hold his own

Redmond not end product or enough goals

any of the strikers hardly any chances and hardly any goals between them

i blame the coaching and manager not one player has improved this season

look how other teams like Leicester Watford Bournemouth all same size as us player create chances playing with more fluid freedom

[quote user="king canary"]

I think consistently being dropped for players played out of position (like Howson) probably also doesn''t help your confidence.[/quote][Y]

He''s not good? It could be that.

I do wonder some times, then others you can see his ability is way ahead of others, his ball control is probably the best at the club, quick feet can find him space, i often question his "mood" as he seems to moan a lot, but then i watch him and see little bits of magic, but need more, question is how do we get more ? what is it stopping him?.

[quote user="jaemae2"]He''s not good? It could be that.[/quote]
You also consistently said Hooper was no better than a League One striker. 
Probably best to assume you''re wrong on this one too.

Is Redmond the latest Norwich player to sleep with Jaemae''s other half? Turner, Hooper and now Nathan.

He is clearly a good player. He created more chances than anyone last season for us despite often coming off the bench, he is pacey and I''d say his end product has improved significantly since his first season with us.

He will leave this summer though, I''m fairly certain of that.

I think he is potentially very good but I fear he has not been coached well.

He used to be keen to reach the dead ball line and put in a cross, all to often a poor cross partly because of his pace, it''s a very hard skill when your as quick as he is.

I think Adams got him to stop maybe switch inside, not always try to go outside his man. Vary his game.

Now he always seems to be unsure of what option to take and ends up blowing it, it''s all there for him he just needs to sort out his decision making and be confident in his decisions.

Management using ''JFDI'' (Just f***ing Do It) methodology can be effective short-term. However, over-use of that style in the modern world typically sees longer-term performance returning to the previous default setting or worse. To avoid this happening AN either needs to increase the level of fear - or - help the players to create more self-desire. At the moment the whole set-up is languishing in a precarious gap in the middle...

Hughton used him poorly- in order to accommodate Snodgrass on the right he put Redmond on the left which inevitably led to him cutting inside all the time- either resulting in poor crosses or, due to our incredibly static strike force that season, having no options so spanking it over the bar from 25 yards. Adams and Neil got him playing well but I just don''t think Neil trusts him.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="jaemae2"]He''s not good? It could be that.[/quote]
[/quote]

and he isn''t. So probably, nah not a good idea.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="jaemae2"]He''s not good? It could be that.[/quote]
[/quote]

and he isn''t. So probably, nah not a good idea.

I think he''ll always be an erratic performer. He game relies on a certain degree of gambling and fortune and I think Neil sees him as a bit of a luxury player.

Only worth fielding when he is on hot form?

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="jaemae2"]He''s not good? It could be that.[/quote]
[/quote]

and he isn''t. So probably, nah not a good idea.[/quote]
But, a pardon me if i''m wrong here...few League One strikers I know of currently have a better than a goal every 2 game scoring ratio in the league above what they''re apparently capable of?
So yes, I think i''ll continue to assume any footballing observation from yourself is more than likely incorrect.

As a team member he must be awful as when he HAS started we have

W 5 D 3 L 7

When he has NOT started we have

W 1 D 2 L 7

He was left out after the Southampton game so it must be all his fault lol

He is part of a squad that is constantly being chopped and changed. Can anyone at this stage honestly say they have a Player of the Season in mind ?

jaemae2 wrote the following post at 07/02/2016 3:52 PM:

He''s not good? It could

What does " he''s not good" mean? He''s an international player with massive potential. Your remark shows a shallow understanding of football and a greater desire to mouth off your nonsense on a message board. An affliction that seems to be endemic on this board at the moment.

There are aspects of his game that need work, that''s undeniable, some coaching and practice, but to write him off as you did shows complete ignorance, if you don''t mind me saying so.

He is still our top scorer and, as mentioned before, is one of our most creative players this season.

Firstly, I think people have extremely high expectations of him. He is a young, flair player whose form will always peak and trough both within games and throughout the season.

I think he has been dropped more recently because a) he hasn''t been on the greatest form and b) because we are conceding so many goals. He doesn''t really protect the right back and, if he isn''t currently a goal threat, he doesn''t justify a starting place.

On the whole, I generally find Redmond to be a player who plays well whenever the team plays well.

The reason is he not that great. Will he score 10 or more goals, no.He is a good championship player not prem.

Worth a go, we have to get our best players on the pitch, and the new ones who are still trying to prove something.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Brady on the left. Naismith in the middle. Redmond on the right. And let''s give Bamford a go up front. It can''t be any less effective than we are at present.[/quote]Indeed.  Sounds like a good combination.  A 4231 with Tettey and O''Neil behind.   Even if we ship goals, we might score some.

definitely. Speed seems to be working for Leicester (Vardy doesn''t hold the ball up does he), so lets try Bamford, Redmond and Brady, plus Naismith, from start.

Wholesale changes needed, and start by giving Ruddy the job between the sticks.

I agree;

Ruddy

Wisdom Bennett Klose Olsson

Tettey O''Neill

Redmond Naismith Brady

Bamord

Looks a good place to start.

@Mr footy- why on earth would you expect Redmond to score 10 or more goals a season??? He''s a midfielder, not many clubs have people scoring double figures from midfield, especially not in a relegation battle!

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Brady on the left. Naismith in the middle. Redmond on the right. And let''s give Bamford a go up front. It can''t be any less effective than we are at present.[/quote]

I''m totally with this view - Mbokani up front is not working. Jerome does not overly-inspire, Bamford at least is fresh and can play without any baggage. We need incisive forward movement on the deck and Redmond/Brady/Naismith/Bamford are probably our best at doing that...

Maybe because we are always pushing our full backs forward and expecting the wingers to track back? That''s something he clearly is not good at, compared to Brady for example. He often looks unsure where he should be to me, which is not good for an instinctive attacking player.

Letting the full back defend and the winger attack might be a novel idea? Let him concentrate on what he''s good at and the confidence may come back.

Hairy, the problem with that Is he doesn''t seem to be a genuine RM. If he picks the ball up anywhere near the half way line he stops & starts rather than driving at them. Martin helps because he''s willing to push on & Redmond can play around the box, where he is much more effective.

Modern wide midfielders have to be able to track back as well as attack. Aaron Lennon was superb in that role for Everton on Saturday (& he wasn''t good enough for Spurs!)