Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Why didn't Tettey & Bennett make the squad yesterday?

We do miss Tettey when he''s not playing, but I thought he had a one game ban which he''s served, or is it longer than a one game ban for ten yellows?

As for Bennett why has he disappeared when I still think him alongside Klose would be a better option than Bassong.

[quote user="STAN"]Bennett confirmed on Twitter yesterday he was available but wasn''t selected.[/quote]

I don''t see that tweet anywhere...

Bassong played very well yesterday. Not sure how Bennett would have improved things.

[quote user="Darth Vadis"][quote user="STAN"]Bennett confirmed on Twitter yesterday he was available but wasn''t selected.[/quote]

I don''t see that tweet anywhere...[/quote]

It''s correct, Ryan Bennett tweeted that he was available yet not selected for the matchday squad.

Tettey is probably the worst player we have for letting the Club, the team and the supporters down.It''s bad enough players making silly mistakes, giving away goals and missing chances etc but what''s even worse is frequently getting yourself ruled out of playing because of, in the main, petty & unecessary fouls. Tettey is an important member of our squad and we do miss him when he''s not playing but it''s no use being a key player if you miss half a dozen games a season through your own stupidity.Let''s hope that he can get to the end of the season without yet another suspension, although as he''ll have 12 games to get another 5 bookings, which he is more than capable of, I doubt it.

He''s since deleted them.

I read them with my own eyes so I can guarantee it''s what he tweeted.

I saw the tweet too. Something is awry for Bennett not to be in the squad. Clearly Archant must know something and aren''t saying because Bennett isn''t brilliant, but he''s the best CB we have. Playing three CB''s would not be a bad thing either.

Bennett and Martin had a big falling out of the "him or me" variety.

The club decided.

Bennett will only play for City again if all other CBs are stuck down by ebola.

Sold in the summer, dead cert.

[quote user="komakino"]I saw the tweet too. Something is awry for Bennett not to be in the squad. Clearly Archant must know something and aren''t saying because Bennett isn''t brilliant, but he''s the best CB we have. Playing three CB''s would not be a bad thing either.[/quote]

HOLY S--- THE STUPID!

Why wasn''t Sutton and Bellamy in the squad yesterday?

Also - what has happened to Dave Watson - has he had a (fictional) falling out with another player? I don''t know maybe Rosario?

blah blah blah

FFS - Tettey was serving the 2nd of his 2 match ban and Bennett is on paternity leave.

Paternity leave. Don''t talk so much 5hit. Footballers don''t have paternity leave. I can''t believe I read that. Was it a joke ?

Bennett himself said on twitter he was available but wasn''t selected. He''s obviously been advised to remove that tweet.

You are off your head. And if you think bennett missed the game because he was on paternity you must be mental. Players don''t have paternity leave. They don''t work 40 hour weeks.

Yep he did your right.

I just can''t believe someone would think a professional footballer would take paternity leave. It doesn''t happen. Yer sure half way through a season they will just take a week or 2 off. They are professional sportsman they don''t take week off for paternity. Can safely say I have NEVER heard of a professional footballer having paternity. That''s because it doesn''t happen. They train about 2 or 3 hours a day whatever, and that aint every day. Not like they out all day 8-5. Madness.

Just a factual comment: under employment law, footballers would be entitled to paternity leave in precisely the same way anyone else; whether they take it is another thing, as paternity leave rights are pretty crap and if you''re a footballer why would you bother when you''re off work more than you''re on?! Some do, though. That said. I''ve no idea the situation with Bennett.

I have heard öf footballers missing matches because their wife is giving birth. You have also the same paternity rights regardless of the hours you work each week.

However neither of these apply to Bennett yesterday, he just wasn''t selected. The reason AN wouldn''t want to involve a player that has been involved in most of our best defensive performances this season when we are obviously struggling with that side is another mystery entirely.

Neil, like other previous managers, seems determined to drop Bennett at the first available opportunity for reasons that escape me. Yes he had a couple of not so great games against Stoke and Bournemouth but so did the entire team, particularly Captain Marvel who seems to have now cemented himself in the right back berth again.

It is a bit strange how RM didn''t even miss a game (Captain I know, butcha know similar circumstances) but Bennett dropped and then not selected. I assumed possibly due to it being twins that he was given some extra time off. I''m assuming with this logic that AN''s 1st choice central defenders from this point will be Klose and Bassong regardless of performance

Yes, well done!

Thanks for joining the party, however it''s been said already several times in this very thread...

Must admit, I find this a strange one. I''m a big Bennett fan, think he''s generally played great since he came into the side, but to not even be on the subs bench yesterday does seem extremely odd. I don''t think it''s down to us to decide whether he should have paternity leave however, after all we don''t (and shouldn''t) know the circumstances surrounding Ryan''s twins birth. Other than the official explanation, I wonder if, given his performances, a bid or enquiry came in for him in January which he may have found attractive and wasn''t allowed to pursue it which may have led to some issues in house. Maybe he didn''t take kindly to being dropped for the Liverpool game and made it known? Or perhaps AN has liked what he''s seen in training ie how Bassong and Klose have performed as a central unit and simply decided that that pairing have looked in tune and the most likely to build a solid partnership?. Nevertheless, I do find it odd that he''s not even on the bench now, really thought he''s starting to blossom this season.