Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Leicester most settled team in PL

Read that they have made the least changes in the team line up this season.

Clearly their new manager soon got to know his best starting 11 and stood by them.

I don''t think any of us truly even now know our best 11, and for sure AN does not.

But there must be a moral there somewhere.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]Read that they have made the least changes in the team line up this season.

Clearly their new manager soon got to know his best starting 11 and stood by them.

I don''t think any of us truly even now know our best 11, and for sure AN does not.

But there must be a moral there somewhere.[/quote]

I think you may have just found a correlation between playing well & winning and keeping your place in the team. Following the Spurs game I really felt only Howson and Klose had put in performances good enough to warrant being guaranteed a start next week, and everyone has now complained about Howson being played "out of position" against Aston Villa.

Quite simply if your on a six game winning run everything you do as a manager shows your wily progressive management techniques, if you lose six games everything you do from the type of biscuit you have with your afternoon cuppa becomes the "reason your failing."

Trust me, if he makes 9 changes on Saturday and we tonk West Ham 7-0 everyone will be calling him a messiah, tinkering or not.

Chicken and egg scenario. Good teams generally have good players that win games so no need to change. Perhaps you''d rather we stuck with the side that got dumped 2-0 against Villa for the West Ham game then...

I think if we were playing well and/or winning then we''d have a settled team. He changes it every week (rightly or wrongly) because generally we''ve been $hit.

I agree miggins he is chopping and changing to find a answer to the poor form

would it have been better to stick to the same team through out ? we will never know

if your right back is getting skinned and not performing you change him but then that does not allow the right back to gain form

its a no win situation

I think it would have been better to stick to 11 players and train them to a system drill it into them what is expected as a unit but hindsight is wonderful

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Football Hunting grounds''s photo.
[/quote]

Can see the resemblence, but unlikely, as WB was slighty the other way inclined (allegedly)

[/quote]Not wishing to take this thread in the direction you for some reason appear to want to take it Lakey as i was merely wishing to add some humour but you do realise it has been known for gay men to father children don''t you ?

The resemblance to Vardy, is really actually uncanny......I wonder if Leicester will start to play the Steptoe Theme (Old Ned) instead of the ''Post Horn Gallop'' when they come onto the pitch......? "HARRRROLLLLLLLD!"

That''s exactly the right thing to do unlike us ,there is no way we will perform as a team with constant changes ,which team has made the most changes ?

Manchester City with 66. Followed by Sunderland @ 64.

Without intending to bump my own posting, I brought this matter up following an article in the Times last week.

"Despite all our complaints about AN making too many team changes, the Times, in an article about Claudio Ranieri suggests that he is far from the biggest "tinkerer" in the PL so far this season.

Leicester @ 21 have made the least changes this season, whilst we come in with 57.

Teams with more changes than us are Villa @ 59, Saints @ 60, Sunderland @ 64 and Manchester City @ 66.

Behind Leicester with the least changes are Watford @30, Stoke @ 33, Bournemouth @ 34 and Newcastle @ 36.

This is all of interest, but I do not see any conclusive evidence about the detrimental effect upon results of over- much tinkering." etc. etc.

Full details and replies below in a posting titled "Tinkermen".