Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Remaining fixtures, your complete guide

I have written Villa off and have only looked at the 5 Clubs battling to avoid the remaing 2 relegation slots.Having looked at this I can only conclude that all is not lost & there is still everything to play for.If we can win our 3 all 3 of our "6 pointers", improve our away form and get one good result at home against a Top Team then we have every chance.My 3 for relegation would be Villa, Swansea & Newcastle.SunderlandHome (6) - Crystal Palace, Everton, West Brom, Leicester, Arsenal & ChelseaAway (6) - West Ham, Southampton, Newcastle, Norwich, Stoke & WatfordNewcastleHome (6) - Man City, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Swansea, Crystal Palace & TottenhamAway (6) - Stoke, Leicester, Norwich, Southampton, Liverpool & Aston VillaNorwichHome (6) - Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford & Man UtdAway (6) - Leicester, Swansea, West Brom, Crystal Palace, Arsenal & EvertonSwanseaHome (5) - Norwich, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Liverpool & Man CityAway (7) - Tottenham, Arsenal, Bournemouth, Stoke, Newcastle, Leicester & West HamBournemothHome (6) - Southampton, Swansea, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea & West BromAway (6) - Watford, Newcastle, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Everton & Man Utd

Sunderland have 6 at home & 6 away.They have 3 home fixtures that look winnable but their other 3 at home, plus all their away fixtures, are not easy.6 pointers (2) Newcastle (a) and Norwich (a)Top teams (3) Leicester (h) Arsenal (h), Chelsea (h)Newcastle also have 6 at home & 6 awayAt home they have winnable games against Bournemouth, Swansea, Sunderland, although 3 of them are 6 pointers.They have a couple of winnable away games but the rest are tough.6 pointers (4) Bornemouth (h), Sunderland (h), Swansea (h) and Norwich (a) Top teams (3) Man City (h), Spurs (h), Leicester (a)Norwich, again, 6 at home & 6 away.There are 2 must win games against Newcastle & Sunderland but the other 4 look tough, all against Top TeamsAway from home we have must win games at Swansea & W Brom. With the exception of Leicester & Arsenal, the other 2 away fixtures aren''t impossible. 6 pointers (3) Newcastle (h), Sunderland, (h) Swansea (a)   Top teams (5) Chelsea (h), Man City (h), Man U (h), Leicester (a) Arsenal (a)                                                                                                                     Swansea have potentially the toughest fixtures with only 5 at home & 7 away.8 of their remaining fixtures look difficult - Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Arsenal, Stoke, Leicester & W Ham 6 pointers (2) Norwich (h) & Bournemouth (a) excludes Villa.Top teams (5) Chelsea (h), Man City (h), Spurs (a), Arsenal (a), Leicester (a)Bouremouth, 6 at home & 6 awayThey will be banking on 3 winnable looking home games but their away fixtures, with the exception of Villa, might be more difficult6 pointers (1) Swansea (h), excludes Villa. Top teams (4) Man City (h), Chelsea (h) Spurs (a) Man U (a)* Top Teams = current Top 5 plus Chelsea.

Brave for trying buddy!

It just changes every week. Even if we don''t win supposed must win games they turn out not to be must win after all. And then there''s the beach yet to be factored in..

Think Sunderland will be fine, full of confidence, new boys having an impact, continuing history of surviving relegation battles, and Big Sam in charge etc. Despite yesterday''s hammering I also think Newcastle will be survive, decent set of home fixtures for them and some real quality in their team. Bournemouth have some decent home fixtures and more importantly have shown unlike us they can be a force away from home. Swansea had their new manager bounce but they are a poor side lacking in belief and can''t see them picking up many more points from their remaining fixtures. As for us, there is no hope of survival for a team that concedes 2-3 goals every week. Going with 18th Swansea, 19th Norwich, 20th Villa.

Newcastle and Sunderland should be ok , Norwich look to have about 4 matches left they can get points in .We are going down and any side that rolled over for that Villa side probably deserve to .

Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford

We need 7 points at least from these three.

Bournemouth have appalling home form. Do not overestimate their ability.

Sunderland nicked a win against Man Utd but can they grind results out? I think not.

Newcastle are gash and will be there or thereabouts until they sack Schteve.

Swansea flatter to deceive and West Brom are not out of it yet either.

If we carry on building momentum, we can stay up.

[quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford

Sunderland nicked a win against Man Utd but can they grind results out? I think not.

If we carry on building momentum, we can stay up.[/quote]No we cannot , we wont pick up more than another point or two away and we have 3 winnable home games and we wont win all three of them .Sunderland have a good manager and the team pull off the great escape most seasons , their games look fair , they will be ok.Newcastle are not going down , home form is good and their games look easier than most.Swansea will struggle but they will beat us at home and we wont close the gap on them .Bournemouth will be fine .

I admire your effort in writing this piece but realistically it will be very difficult as:-

Firstly not many goals are being scored and lots are being conceded.

As there is not a huge threat up front it is easy for opposing teams to formulate a plan to win.

Team performance in games has been inconsistent.

For small teams the premier league bites you hard as the season gets further in, injuries, cards etc, plus if the same players are playing week after week their freshness goes and you can see the effect of players flagging after 70 minutes.

We all know the weak spots and so do other teams.

Good luck with your prediction I hope you are correct.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford

If we carry on building momentum, we can stay up.[/quote]No we cannot , we wont pick up more than another point or two away and we have 3 winnable home games and we wont win all three of them .Sunderland have a good manager and the team pull off the great escape most seasons , their games look fair , they will be ok.Newcastle are not going down , home form is good and their games look easier than most.Swansea will struggle but they will beat us at home and we wont close the gap on them .Bournemouth will be fine .[/quote]
Well, ultimately, we can all dare to dream of the results we want.

Try living in the real world sonny and not some fantasy world . 4/6 to get relegated now and if you get beaten easily at Villa you are not going to many games . Wakey wakey .

Your right In that villa are down. And it''s from us, Sunderland, Newcastle, Swansea, Bournemouth.

Play the way we did yesterday and we will stand more chance than what we would''ve had we kept playing the way we were in recent weeks.

There will be so many twists and turns between now and may, nothing is a given. You know teams like leicester, spurs etc will get nervous, you know some teams will be "on the beach", some teams will rest players for other competitions, some teams will be fighting to stay up, teams getting suspensions, injuries, red cards etc.

A team near the bottom has a good run of form. Like sunderland did the year we got relegated and they had very tricky fixtures and were going places like Stamford Bridge and winning. Maybe that could be us. Maybe not.

So there''s no point looking at other fixtures predicting what could or should happen.

What will be will be. It''s in our hands especially with Sunderland, Newcastle and Swansea to face before season is out.

Lots can happen in these fixtures. Players get sent off, teams rest players, suspensions, referee decisions etc. I don''t see us being cut adrift like some on here. It will come down to one or two points either way. We have dropped too many points from winning positions (Wet Spam twice) and that may be our downfall. Nevertheless, it is possible for us to go on a run - just as likely as the other teams. I agree with the OP that all is still to play for. If we can nick a win it''s amazing what that can do for confidence. I wouldn''t put any money on it either way.

[quote user="alartz"]We''re going down with Alex Neil simple as that[/quote]

He and his team don''t seem to have a clue as to how to close up shop.

The midfield seems to leave the defence exposed.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Newcastle and Sunderland should be ok , Norwich look to have about 4 matches left they can get points in .We are going down and any side that rolled over for that Villa side probably deserve to .[/quote]

We have lost three points at home to Liverpool and two points at home to WHU and losing to the Vile away (truly terrible). It will be our own fault if we go down

I love how people can predict an unknown and claim it as reality.

How disappointed will they be if reality ends up something else....

Lack of mental strength, our championship defence and continually picking players out of position will return us in 19th position to the champs together with Villa and, probably, Bournemouth. Allardyce has the managerial ability to get Sunderland comfortably clear. Newcastle''s better quality will see them scrape to safety. Same goes for Swansea. Our board will have the summer to reflect on what went so wrong a year previously.

Our key games are Newcastle, Sunderland and Watford at home and Swansea and West Brom away.There are still plenty enough games to get the points to stay up if we play like we did at Old Trafford and against Southampton.

Good analysis MP, though I work with a Newcastle and a Sunderland fan, and they see it slightly different.The Sunderland fan pretty much agrees though.

Here''s what the Guardian think, depressing predictions

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/16/premier-league-relegation-candidates-reasons-cheerful-fearful

Could someone fix link for me please, Im on Chrome

Jan Van Borsburg wrote the following post at 14/02/2016 6:44 PM:

Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford

If we carry on building momentum, we can stay up.

West Brom wont go down. They have 32 points and a goal diff of -8. I suspect they need two more wins and a draw. If West Brom aren''t out of it then neither are Palarse. Same points.

Its out of the bottom 5

Im thinking 38 pts will be enough this year so we need 14 more, 4 wins and 2 draws, that''s doable