Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Food for though....

£20m or whatever it is we have spent and personally I don''t think we look much better.

Anyone else think that the football board were the ones identifying them?

For example. Naismith is a good player but not what we really needed with Hoolahan still able to play in that area. He doesn''t improve us like a no9 or a decent centre midfielder would''ve.

Anyone else agree?

Norwich may well have spent £20m in the January transfer window, but to be brutally honest, and admittedly it can only be on first/early impressions, Naismith is the only signing that is fit for purpose in City''s current situation.

Jarvis is far from an automatic pick, Pinto is not the strong defensively sound right-back that was required and Klose.......jeez......just when we needed a strong, dominant centre-half......we have a player that makes the Gary Doherty of yesteryear look like Usain Bolt.......

Comparing Klose to the doc. Lol.

To answer the OP, Naismith and Klose are improvements on the squad, Pinto isn''t, Jarvis was already here and the others were youngsters.

I sense Naismith being another scapegoat very soon. Again, lol.

I think fans find it difficult to stomach the club in the Premier League relegation fight. And I''ve noticed on here that they kick out at their traditional targets whether thats Delia, the football board, the manager, Russell Martin or even those pesky happy clappy fans. I''ve even seen it suggested that Ricky Martin is to blame..

I don''t think Alex Neil is the type of manager who wouldn''t want the final say on who signs. He certainly didn''t seem that sort of manager at the fan''s forum. I also think it''s a bit early to write off the January signings even though Klose could be distracted by all this Tracey/Carla shenanigans...

Naismith looks a better quality than we had , but not exactly what we needed.

How bad is Pinto ffs! If Martin gets in ahead of him ?

Klose is one of those scams like Ipswich and Southampton had before now , it will be discovered that he is a chef from Cologne or something , not a professional footballer at all .

Imo, a lot of money has been wasted ,, and to think ,, people thought buying Charlie Austin would be a waste of money 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

[quote user="unique"]Norwich may well have spent £20m in the January transfer window, but to be brutally honest, and admittedly it can only be on first/early impressions, Naismith is the only signing that is fit for purpose in City''s current situation.

Jarvis is far from an automatic pick, Pinto is not the strong defensively sound right-back that was required and Klose.......jeez......just when we needed a strong, dominant centre-half......we have a player that makes the Gary Doherty of yesteryear look like Usain Bolt.......[/quote]

You serious about Klose lol. Once used to the PL will be best defender we have ever had.

People like yourself insisted we signed players please dont destroy their confidence as well.

I think the problem, if there is one, is the timing of the signings. Your asking for players to hit the ground running in a team that is struggling. 2 of the signings are trying to adapt to the English game. We are dammed if we do and dammed if we don''t. We had to spend the money to give ourselves a chance but January isn''t an ideal time to blood players not used to the English game, and into a relegation battle. I personally thought that Klose and Bassong looked decent together Saturday and before his injury I was impressed with Jarvis. so other than pinto so far I''m pretty happy with them. Maybe in time he will be decent as well

Actually, and to my surprise, Naismith has actually brought the best out of Wes rather than replace him. I feel we''ve looked way more coherent going forward since Naismith came in.

As for Klose, he''s looked streets ahead of Martin the CB and a step up from Bennett. I''d give the Klose Bassong a bit more of a chance as to me it looks promising.

Pinto has mainly disappointed but it''s a tough gig coming into an unsettled defence like he had to. On the right day, he''ll be a very effective attacking full back. Problem is, you need your full backs to be able to defend first and foremost then think about their attacking merits. Martin at right back looks a better all round option. Like a poor mans Gary Neville, a useless CB as he''s not imposing enough but a fairly reliable RB usually which Pinto on early evidence doesn''t seem to be.

Jarvis hasn''t pulled up any trees admittedly this year but there''s time yet and he was class earlier this season for us.

I was hoping we''d sign a holding midfielder as I feel it adds a lot to the defensive stability of a side and although we have options in that area I''m not entirely convinced by them.

Naismith seems to be the only signing that has come in and looked ''up to speed'' in the matches, but given he''s the only signing with premiership experience that should come as no surprise. he may not be what we needed most but is a good option to have.

Jarvis was already here, so won''t add anything.

I think it''s too early to say with the others, hopefully with a run of games they will become a bit more accustomed to the Premier League (it can take time) but the trouble is we don''t have that luxury.

So in terms of immediate impact... No, I don''t feel we''ve added a lot sadly.

Interesting that Naismith started in Jarvis'' position against West Ham. If you were Jarvis you might be wondering where that leaves you - but at least you''re still getting paid.

Very worrying, IMO.

£20m and no improvement means that we''ve bought terribly - again or maybe the players we were so desperate to see replaced were every bit as good as their multi-million pound replacements. Surely not.

Probably most worrying is the fact that, exactly like the last time we were in the premier league, the same problems are being cited as the reason for our plight, namely a lack of leadership on the pitch, poor coaching staff off it and bad recruitment. One area that differs is that we seem to play an open, expansive brand of football now, the exact type we missed and pined for last time around. Now we long for the ability to "close out a game", park the bus and shut up shop.

I suppose a happy medium would be nice but every team can''t win every week, which, when you consider that many of these "problems" disappeared when we were winning games this season and seemed to have vanished completely when we were top of the Championship, appears to be the best remedy.

The recruitment is an interesting one. I heavily blamed the scouting for us buying RVW and Hooper, only to be assured that the manager was ultimately to blame. Now it seems we''re keen to excuse the manager and blame the footballing board which I''d long presumed defunct. I''d guess that in both cases the club, the management, the board and the scouts have probably acted as a collective and seeking someone to "blame" is as pointless as it is counter-productive.

What isn''t in doubt is if the latest £20m was wasted like the previous splurge, the Championship is the only destination.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Unfortunately these players haven''t really shown their class yet, aside of Naismith.

I''m sure given time that all our summer transfers will come good, whether that''s in the champ or Prem next year is yet to be confirmed. Naismith is class, Jarvis has the ability, Klose will come good - but I''m not sure about Pinto just yet as I haven''t seen enough of him but I''m confident he was signed for a reason.

Sadly the form throughout the squad is on a low - I do genuinely think had we beaten Liverpool 3-1 at home things would be mighty different now

I think it says more about English football and that the rest of Europe and even the lower leagues know all this money is swilling around and rightly they are going to want their share. Unfortunately for a club like ours that means top money for average players.