Donkey dangler

Points dropped

We have dropped some points while being in good positions during matches:

Liverpool Home 3pts

WHU Home 2pts

WHU Away 3pts

Man City Away 1pt - due to Mr Ruddy

How on earth did we lose to Aston Villa away - another 3 pts lost

12pts extra and we would be close to safety. We really have shot ourselves in the foot.

It''s a half glass empty or full debate

I prefer to focus on the points we have gained and how close we are getting to the 38 points Ricardo thinks we need to stay up

All positive stuff

That''s football!

There won''t be a team in the land that can''t put together a similar list of angst.

What I would add however is that it has been a good while since we won a game that we deserved to draw or lose. It does feel like we have to have every star aligned to clinch victory ... perhaps that''s just the ruthlessness of the league and the lot of being a small fish in a deep ocean?

I''m with Cantiaci. Yes we can look back at certain games over the season and reflect on lost points. It''s not just games where we have lost a lead either. You can wonder what would have happened had x chosen to pass to y instead of z in any given situation, or what if x''s shot had bounced inside the post rather than outside, or what if x (not looking at anybody in particular) hadn''t got himself sent off. Nearly all goals conceded are down to an error by one of our players (you can trace the genesis of every goal back to our last player who gave the ball away or failed to make an interception in the build-up). It''s pointless, though, because, as mentioned elsewhere, every single one of our competitors will be doing the same. If no teams ever ''shot themselves in the foot'' we would all have maximum points having neither scored nor conceded a single goal.