Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Norwich City will head out to Abu Dhabi this week for a training camp ahead of the Premier league run in.

[quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]Clearly the club see benefit in this exercise, and I would trust the business case and the people who wrote and signed it off far more than the envious trolls and ignorant "fans" who make up the majority of posters on this thread.[/quote]

Really?

How come we keep making the same mistakes on the pitch? If these people really knew what they were doing why havent they done something about our terrible midfield and defence?

[quote user="Funny old game"]Agreed. This isn''t the Anglian combination. Some people on this board have no idea whatsoever, wanting to run the business in pounds, shillings and pence as if it was a Post office in Long Stratton or some other one horse town. The cost of this trip is absolutely inconsequential n the greater scheme of things and whilst it might seem a lot to the likes of us who work nights to pick mushrooms in the local factory, it isnothing in the realms of premiership football and sky money. A few days away to recharge batteries, get sun On their skin and get away from the Norfolk goldfish bowl might do the world of good. Can''t expect people struggling with the winter bills to understand that but it is what it is.[/quote]

If its peanuts, they can afford to give me a 100% discount on my season ticket renewal.

Are they taking Ed Balls and wife, be able to claim on expenses from the tax payer

Look I think we can all agree that pretty much since the O''neil sending off onwards at Stoke (not pointing fingers) we haven''t been at the races and then with the two games we have looked back to ourselves with Liverpool and West Ham something in the team meant we couldn''t hold our nerve.

Now is a good as time as any to do something, anything, different to mix it up, change the attitude, increase the confidence and get the season back on track. Amazing news to some, we arnt out of it yet... Let Leicester be a lesson and they were bottom. A 100k to potentially revitalise and break up this weird bad patch could be a small price to pay.

City have used Abu Dhabi for a mid-season break before when Chris Hughton’s squad travelled to the capital of the United Arab Emirates in February 2013, ahead of securing their Premier League status over the run-in.

>>> it went pretty well last time then.

Norwich previously based themselves at the Zayed Sports City stadium complex three years ago. Temperatures in that part of the world at present are in the mid to high 20 degrees.

>>> I would assume the players will be working hard in a hot climate where muscle injuries are less likely than in the freezing conditions at home at the moment.

Also good bonding time for the new signings.

I really don''t understand the moaners on this point.

[quote user="daly"]Are they taking Ed Balls and wife, be able to claim on expenses from the tax payer[/quote]

In a post full of stupid comments this is the stupidist, congratulations!

Good. This is the kind of thing we need to be trying. Any small advantage in Abu Dhabi (i.e the warm weather) is worth it.

Some of you will remember, I used to be a pretty good runner,. In that time I did go on ''holiday'' occasionally during the winter, just to get away from the mile upon mile of trudging through rain and snow. I always found when I came back my times would improve. Going to Abu Dhabi warm weather training works !  

I hope the squad and those who also deem themselves absolutely important and necessary additions to the break in Abby Dabby have a wonderful time........Let''s be honest, they really, really deserve it......

8 Days in a couple of 12 man tents ''team bonding'' in the middle of an icy Thetford Forest, and being beasted by a contingent from the Royal Marine Mountain and Arctic Warfare Cadre.........Would be soooooo counter-productive.......

It would be interesting to know what other clubs have planned for this break.

I noticed Abu Dhabi was advertised on one of the round the pitch hoardings yesterday, I think the Etihad.

If there''s more than one training site suitable City might bump into Citay at some time.

Yet another excuse for mock outrage...I''m pretty sure those questioning it would have had equal mock outrage had they not gone on a break to try to change things up a bit.

Get back to reading the Daily Mail.

Apples

The value of this shouldn''t be underestimated. Apparently we were really good at playing teams on the beach after we went last time.

;)

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]It would be interesting to know what other clubs have planned for this break.

I noticed Abu Dhabi was advertised on one of the round the pitch hoardings yesterday, I think the Etihad.

If there''s more than one training site suitable City might bump into Citay at some time.[/quote]

For exapmple i read somewhere Newcastle will go to Spain and will play some friendly games.

They have even longer period without game because also League cup game affect Newcastle fixture.

Facilities out there are second to none, I know Colney is already up there as one of the better training complexes in the country but Abu Dhabi has literally unlimited funds to throw at things like sports facilities, and doesn''t hesitate at doing so. They''ll also be able to do more high-intensity fitness work in those temperatures which would be impossible in a cold, damp UK - If that gives our players and extra yard of pace in the next 2 or 3 games, it could well make all the difference to the results. I also suspect they might play a closed-doors friendly/training match against one of the local teams over there - they did last time I believe - which will be much more useful than a standard inter-squad kickabout.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Funny old game"]Agreed. This isn''t the Anglian combination. Some people on this board have no idea whatsoever, wanting to run the business in pounds, shillings and pence as if it was a Post office in Long Stratton or some other one horse town. The cost of this trip is absolutely inconsequential n the greater scheme of things and whilst it might seem a lot to the likes of us who work nights to pick mushrooms in the local factory, it isnothing in the realms of premiership football and sky money. A few days away to recharge batteries, get sun On their skin and get away from the Norfolk goldfish bowl might do the world of good. Can''t expect people struggling with the winter bills to understand that but it is what it is.[/quote]

If its peanuts, they can afford to give me a 100% discount on my season ticket renewal.[/quote]If you''re that upset and ouraged by it all just don''t bother renewing your season ticket

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We are bottom of the PL form table, anything that might help to break out of our cycle of failure must be worth a go.[/quote]Small mercies, I know, but I think you''ll find Crystal Palace are bottom of the form table.  We''re one from bottom.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]We are bottom of the PL form table, anything that might help to break out of our cycle of failure must be worth a go.[/quote]Small mercies, I know, but I think you''ll find Crystal Palace are bottom of the form table.  We''re one from bottom.

[/quote]

Maybe they''ll wake up, appoint Lennon and sign Hooper then....

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="daly"]Are they taking Ed Balls and wife, be able to claim on expenses from the tax payer[/quote]

In a post full of stupid comments this is the stupidist, congratulations!

[/quote]

I wouldnt trust our MPs on anything. After all a former MP was claiming the food allowance. Whether he was in Norfolk or London he should have been buying his own food given their salaries.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Funny old game"]Agreed. This isn''t the Anglian combination. Some people on this board have no idea whatsoever, wanting to run the business in pounds, shillings and pence as if it was a Post office in Long Stratton or some other one horse town. The cost of this trip is absolutely inconsequential n the greater scheme of things and whilst it might seem a lot to the likes of us who work nights to pick mushrooms in the local factory, it isnothing in the realms of premiership football and sky money. A few days away to recharge batteries, get sun On their skin and get away from the Norfolk goldfish bowl might do the world of good. Can''t expect people struggling with the winter bills to understand that but it is what it is.[/quote]

If its peanuts, they can afford to give me a 100% discount on my season ticket renewal.[/quote]If you''re that upset and ouraged by it all just don''t bother renewing your season ticket [/quote]

Thats an idea!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

8 Days in a couple of 12 man tents ''team bonding'' in the middle of an icy Thetford Forest, and being beasted by a contingent from the Royal Marine Mountain and Arctic Warfare Cadre.........Would be soooooo counter-productive.......[/quote]

Our midfield could do with a beasting given their inability to mark and tackle

Norwich City hoping for warm-weather boost in Abu Dhabi - story here:

http://gulfnews.com/sport/uae/football/norwich-city-hoping-for-warm-weather-boost-in-abu-dhabi-1.1673597

"I''m currently in a hotel in Abu Dhabi with the Norwich squad. Every time I get into a lift they''re there. Credit where it''s due anytime I''ve spoken to any of them they''ve been friendly. Good lads it seems.

But in respect of training, their day seems to go like like this:

- Late morning: head to the national stadium for some training.

- Mid afternoon: sit by the pool, perhaps some club sandwiches, fries, and beers (about 10% of the squad did this).

- Early evening: big sit down meal for everyone.

- Nightime: rooftop bar for a few more drinks.

Looks great for team building which is a good thing.

And to be fair, nobody is caning the booze, and there''s only two credible girls in the entire place (both had been bagged early doors)."

[quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]PLAYERS HAVING A GOOD TIME AND DRINKING BEER!

NEIL OUT![/quote]

Off with their heads

PS Should have gone to Hemsby