Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Norwich City will head out to Abu Dhabi this week for a training camp ahead of the Premier league run in.

FFS. why?

A bit big time Charlie , it''s not as if we need to go to warmer climate to prepare for winter games.

Get down to Colney practise defending 2 goal leads and focus on the fight needed. NOT undeserved glorified holidays.

Well they won''t be going there next season, so they might as well make the most of the ''Big Time''.  They can think of it when they go to Brentford and down the A140 on a cold winter''s afternoon.

Clearly the club see benefit in this exercise, and I would trust the business case and the people who wrote and signed it off far more than the envious trolls and ignorant "fans" who make up the majority of posters on this thread.

[quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]Clearly the club see benefit in this exercise, and I would trust the business case and the people who wrote and signed it off far more than the envious trolls and ignorant "fans" who make up the majority of posters on this thread.[/quote]Watch your mouth Boringbug, I am neither envious, a troll, nor ignorant.[:P]

[quote user="alartz"]What a waste of money.

Should used that money to get rid of Neil and bring in someone who knows what they are doing[/quote]

Or a decent RB in January as competition for Pinto

[quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]Clearly the club see benefit in this exercise, and I would trust the business case and the people who wrote and signed it off far more than the envious trolls and ignorant "fans" who make up the majority of posters on this thread.[/quote]

What business case could there possibly be? There is a possible chance of team building but you do not need to go to Abu Dhabi for that!!

And you have no idea of my level of intelligence or of my fan status of NCFC. In fact you appear to be the troll by your attack.

Very brave

Team bonding, away from the goldfish bowl of CR pressure, the mutterings of fans and the cold weather. All good reasons to go somewhere warm to build up for the important part of the season.   Hope it does them good.

I don''t see going away on a mid season training camp is really an issue.

If the cost is around £50-70,000 in Premier League terms it''s nothing, in fact it''s nothing for a Championship club either.

So if it helps generate enough points to survive whether through extra fitness or further team bonding it will have been more than worthwhile and value for money.

Unfortunately I don''t think whatever they do we will survive as physicology so much damage has been done but who knows, "getting away" might just prove an excellent move.

"What business case could there possibly be? There is a possible chance of team building but you do not need to go to Abu Dhabi for that!!"

I don''t pretend to know the business case. However, our club is not known for throwing money around. Let''s assume they know what they are doing, and there is a perceived benefit in doing this as opposed to going to Colney.

Could it be that you are not in full possession of the facts and just having a whinge?

How do you know this trip will not benefit the team?

Agreed. This isn''t the Anglian combination. Some people on this board have no idea whatsoever, wanting to run the business in pounds, shillings and pence as if it was a Post office in Long Stratton or some other one horse town. The cost of this trip is absolutely inconsequential n the greater scheme of things and whilst it might seem a lot to the likes of us who work nights to pick mushrooms in the local factory, it isnothing in the realms of premiership football and sky money. A few days away to recharge batteries, get sun On their skin and get away from the Norfolk goldfish bowl might do the world of good. Can''t expect people struggling with the winter bills to understand that but it is what it is.

A week of tough training at altitude and some recovery time in cryogenic chambers might be more appropriate.

That is equally good at building team spirit and might improve fitness levels.

You don''t want to come back from a nice warm climate to play away at Leicester, we are soft centred as it is, they need toughening up not a holiday.

I seem to recall us doing something like this once before and it backfired.

Not approriate IMO.

[quote user="Funny old game"]Agreed. This isn''t the Anglian combination. Some people on this board have no idea whatsoever, wanting to run the business in pounds, shillings and pence as if it was a Post office in Long Stratton or some other one horse town. The cost of this trip is absolutely inconsequential n the greater scheme of things and whilst it might seem a lot to the likes of us who work nights to pick mushrooms in the local factory, it isnothing in the realms of premiership football and sky money. A few days away to recharge batteries, get sun On their skin and get away from the Norfolk goldfish bowl might do the world of good. Can''t expect people struggling with the winter bills to understand that but it is what it is.[/quote]

Yet more assumption.

All the things that this trip perceives can be achieved in many locations. I take unbridgeable that we are going to Abu Dhabi as though it is expected as we are ''premier league''.

It underlines to me that we are pandering up to the image of Premier League when there is no use talking the talk when you can''t deliver.

I really hope some benefits are demonstrated, but I still don''t get why Abu Dahbi. Spain for example is away from CR, a shorter journey and probably more cost effective

Who cares. If they think it will help then good on them.

If they go on a losing streak we can all blame that. If we go on a winning streak we can all praise the trip. It''s catch 22.

If several Premier League and some Champ clubs were known to be heading out for warmer climes but, when asked if we were doing something similar only for the club to announce that we were staying at Colney with some trips to Gorleston beach booked in for some running, there would be an outcry on here about how "small time " we were and accusations of "little old Norwich".

This is where you prove my point. Quibbling whether it costs more to fly to Spain or Abu Dhabi, the cost of overnight accommodation B&B including evening meal, etc is so small town mentality befiitting the archetypal Norfolk image. Extrapolate this by 1000 and this why we don''t generally speculate to accumulate in the transfer window. I''m afraid the days when you could stay in the top league without the commensurate spend have long gone.

Not quibbling just demonstrating a point.

Are we going because Abu Dhabi is the best place to achieve our aims or is Abu Dhabi the place that fits the desired image.

Vanwink wrote; "I seem to recall us doing something like this once before and it backfired.

Not approriate IMO. "

Last time we did it (to same venue) was Hooton''s first season and we stayed up ! good on em i say, try everything, change of scenery is no bad thing at this time.