Sign in to follow this  
Mr Sausage

Reasons for optimism

I will follow City no matter what. I remember when we went down in ''95 and were complacent that it would be easy to get back up - those "on loan to Div 1 for one season only " t-shirts, which quickly turned into a bad joke.  I followed us when we went down to L1 and I''d do it again.  I''ve seen us concede 7 to Man City, 5 at Liverpool - and I remember conceding 5 to West brom back in Div 1 when Peschisolido destroyed our defence.  I remember being at CR for the beam-back when the scum stuffed us at their place.  (And I was there for both the playoff games last season when we beat them and got to the playoff final).

I think it''s harder to get back up from the Champ than it is to avoid the drop in the first place.  We''ve basically thrown away plenty of points so far this season - enough that we could easily be sitting comfortably on 7-8 points more than we have now.  But that''s City for you, it''s unlikely to change.  The usual idiots on this thread... blaming the fans, that makes me laugh.

Since Lambert joined us has been a fantastic time to be a City fan, and I agree with the comment that if you don''t enjoy supporting a club through seasons like this, you definitely shouldn''t be supporting City !