Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Diving practice

Hope Wes and all the other players watched the maestro Vardy win that penalty at the Emirates yesterday. That was even better than the one at Carrow road last October. Mr Neil must give clear instructions to go down in the box at any opportunity on the 27th.

I remember when we use to have skilful and talented attacking players that won us lots of clever free kicks and penalties, other fans moaned and wailed that he was a cheat and how they disliked him, we claimed jealousy and lauded our new talisman!
My point being quit the whining and the jealousy, it''s pathetic, you know full well that you''d be in love with the man if he was playing for us.

Jealousy ? My point was to wise up and do like wise. One penalty all season and I believe that''s number ten/eleven for Leicester. So yes they should practice in training how to go over a trailing leg.

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Jealousy ? My point was to wise up and do like wise. One penalty all season and I believe that''s number ten/eleven for Leicester. So yes they should practice in training how to go over a trailing leg.[/quote]That''s if we ever get near the penalty area.................

I think we''ve absolutely got to be ready for Vardy''s approach. 

Problem for us is that the ref has got to award the penalty.  Both Wes and Naismith have been clearly taken out from behind in the box this season and nothing awarded either time.  The only penalty we''ve been awarded he pushed Naismith over twice for good measure so that even the blindest ref couldn''t miss it.

Bring Grantzilla in on a couple of training sessions.

As soon as anybody poked him from behind he went down and invariably got the free kick. I wouldn''t label it as ''diving'' in the strictest sense though.

He made a point of perfecting the art at Portman Road I seem to recall

Maybe we should employ the legend that is Grant Holt to coach our strikers on the art.Strange though that nobody here ever complained about him winning cheap free kicks or penalties and nobody would be complaining if Vardy played for us.

I get it that an intense team with skilful players who get into the box at pace, able to tumble while getting across their markers or to cleverly stall in their paths, are going to collect penalties – and good luck to them. I don’t see why it should only be the ‘big clubs’ who benefit from such abilities (‘he had every right to go over Gary’ etc, etc, grin, grin) – and they’ve had 10 pens this season according to one match commentator or pundit. But I would also expect that same intensity to have yielded more than the one red card in 50 games the same guy stated (he didn’t say how many penalties have been conceded), that takes quite some self-discipline. But if in fact they’ve been disproportionately fortunate in this (and what a difference a run like that would make for any of us teams at the bottom), maybes they’re in for a bunch of key decisions against them on the run-in, not necessarily just penalties turned down, but also harsh judgments at the other end! After all these things even themselves out over a season don’t they? And if that’s true I, can’t wait for our turn – it’ll be great when a goal against us with a superb overhead kick is disallowed on the last day to keep us up! This is just observation, not sour grapes – although it would be brilliant if it was us instead making the support at the ‘big clubs’ squirm the way they are. Long may it continue, it''s fun, as long as they don''t do us over of course!

Tim Sherwood is the latest in a long line of ex pro''s giving their flimsy views on football. I wonder who will be next on Match Of The Day Factor.

No, it doesn''t even out.  Not over a season.  Not ever.  It''s like life - it''s not fair.  Anyone who thinks it does is just naïve.

Like the OP said, we need to wise up about this when we play Leicester, be ready for it, and not be shy about doing it ourselves.

Its cheating. Simple as that and some teams do it more than others. The word cheat has almost become a forbidden word to use in football nowadays.The " He won a penalty" phrase is used so much now .

I agree. I would hate to see us cheat for a penalty, no matter how critical. Hated when Snoddy and Holt did it. Vardy does cheat and when the ex pros talk about "entitled to go down", "won a penalty" etc, drives me f''in mad.