Sign in to follow this  
Canary99

Klose

Recently, I have seen a lot of people having a go at this guy and saying how much of a waste of money he was. I even saw someone compare him to Gary Doherty! Imo, this guy is a solid defender and although not quick, is very assured on the ball. Once adjusted to the premier league I think he will be a quality addition. Should have probably been bought in the summer to give him more time to adapt.

Not as bad imo as some people writing Pinto off after two games. Some of our ''fans'' really are tw@ts. Though every club has them i suppose.

Reminds me of Zak Whitbread, in terms of ease on the ball. Better player for sure. Does lack pace and needs to get used to the rough of English football, but potentially our best centre back. Would stick with him and Bassong so they develop an understanding.

When comparing him to Doherty, I was speaking of his pace. Klose gives the impression he is running through treacle.

I have been genuinely shocked at just how slow he has looked up to now and it''s not a trait that will sit well when facing lightning pace in the PL.

So how many games has this guy actually played for us now?

To me, he looks like he has a lot of class but is just struggling to get used to the pace and directness of the Prem. I think he will come good.

I think you''ll find Miggins it was predominantly the manager who wanted to drop Pinto after two games. Cause that''s what happened.

[quote user="Wishbone"]Reminds me of Zak Whitbread, in terms of ease on the ball. Better player for sure. Does lack pace and needs to get used to the rough of English football, but potentially our best centre back. Would stick with him and Bassong so they develop an understanding.[/quote]

Zak Whitbread wasn''t particularly special on the ball. Elliot Ward was better.

But I do think Klose looks like he could have something.

hogesar wrote the following post at 15/02/2016 10:28 PM:

I think you''ll find Miggins it was predominantly the manager who wanted to drop Pinto after two games. Cause that''s what happened.

-------------------

Personally I think AN will play Pinto at some stage again.

I sometimes wonder what it is fans want or expect. Did they really think Klose & Pinto would walk straight into the PL & be an instant success.This takes time & is not easy & better, more expensive players than them have more often than not struggled. And in some cases for a whole season. If you want players who are up to PL speed instantly than you buy players with PL experience who have been playing regularly in other PL teams. Trouble is, and for all sorts of reasons, they are very difficult to get. And, look at those type of players that we have been linked with over the last couple transfer windows - Gayle, Walters, Huth etc etc.There was mainly outrage on here at the thought of buying any of them.

I think at £8.5m we could rightfully expect that if he was ahead of Ryan Bennet , that he must be better ,, very clearly not the case ,,, at this point , if that is what you lot want to hear ?

Equally , if Pinto is not any better than Martin , what was the thinking there , these two purchases and us of them are contradicting all the arguments .

£8.5m, 6ft 7, a Swiss international from the elite German league - let''s say I expected someone that would hit the ground running - not hit the ground and stay there after a tackle from a winger ! Pathetic - there''s no strength in the man ! Moses was getting up after he''d him tackle by Brady, he took the ball from Klose - like taking candy from a baby. If that was Redmond or Hoolahan losing the ball you''re never hear the end of the moaning. But the new CB it''s ok. No excuses Klose was slow and feeble.

As for Pinto - well I guess I''ve learnt something about Portuguese football. They just allow you the sling crosses in !

Klose looks like he is picking up match fitness. He has joined a struggling side and learning to cope with the different demands of prem football while forming a new partnership.

There is enough to say he will be an improvement on bassong bennett and martin; he is making mistakes as he learns but I suspect we wont see the best of him until the start of next season.

I do recall iwans poor first season, also Dave Watson first half dozen games where every match had a goal conceding error and bruces dodgy start. I also recall ayala & de laets dismissal for the same errors. Too soon to know which way Klose will land.

As for pinto; he looks like an rights sided Olsson, same positional issues as martin, seems to attack like whittaker but without wisdoms defensive nous. If he is going to go awol like martin at least he has a chance of recovering his position. Martin, Wisdom & Whittaker wont improve, pinto has that chance but wont do so without competitive pitch time.

I like Klose, think he will end up proving a good signing, like Pinto to, it was criminal he was dropped after 2 matches. Problem arises with a manager who is totally unadaptable, he is a one trick pony in the Premier, play one man up front and err...thats it. Would love to see what a 352 formation could do, Pinto and Brady as wing backs, bring in Ryan B and give Seb a break. But no, Alex will persist  with his way as he knows no other in this league, and itll get us Champs footy next term.Maybe in the Champs we can give it a bash, Redders will certainly be gone i suspect, but i worry about Brady, losing him would be a huge loss. If he goes then Alex would have no choice but to play Olsson at LB. Hope though that Toffolo will finally get his chance, with Klose and Bennett partnership. Its going to be a very weird and unknown close season, if we drop, will Alex continue the clear out, or will we be stuck with the same faces yet again...anyway this is to many months ahead, but time flies.

I can''t remember the last time we had a centre back who could play a good ball from defence to a midfielder or striker so well as this guy.

Come to think of it Daniel Ayala had that skill, and we should never have sold him, as he had a touch of class about him.(forgetting the play off final of course!)

Klose will only improve.

The bigger concern is Pinto

Elliot Ward. Really good on the ball for us but never seemed to be realised by many fans.

I thought everyone realised Ward was good on the ball? Always ran into space and and liked to join in by continuing his run on attacks too!

I feel sorry for all three of our January first-team signings, Klose and Pinto in particular. They are used to playing in defensively organised teams while we  apparently expect them to double-handedly transform a defensive shambles.

Klose seems to have a very good attitude as can be gleaned from his interviews. I think he''ll turn out to be a good signing as the season unfolds.

What''s this Pinto situation all about? What a strange turn of events. New signing dropped after just two outings, and with the apparent approval of many on this forum, including me.

What was the scouting behind this signing? What did AN see in him that didn''t happen once he played?

The defence needed strengthening as a matter of urgency, yet we now have half of the new input dropped post haste.

Strikes me as a major c--- up, especially as money must be getting tight. Let''s hope the player eventually comes good, although it doesn''t look as if this will happen in the Premier League as the manager seems to have lost faith in him already. It''s not as if RM is that great a full-back nowadays (meaning I think he has seen better days.)

Whittaker now seems totally ostracised. Am I the only one who thought that, pace apart, he had quite a bit going for him? He''s always been a bit of a scapegoat on this forum though, and unfairly imho.

He''s definitely a good footballer with some real strengths in his composure and ability with the ball on his feet.

He''s also definitely a traffic cone along the lines of Michael Turner.

Klose and Bassong showing promise as a partnership. The number of West Ham offsides showed they already understand stepping up versus staying deep.

He seems to have been a bit surprised by the pace of the game but that''s what Abu Dhabi will help sort.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]I can''t remember the last time we had a centre back who could play a good ball from defence to a midfielder or striker so well as this guy.

Come to think of it Daniel Ayala had that skill, and we should never have sold him, as he had a touch of class about him.(forgetting the play off final of course!)

Klose will only improve.

The bigger concern is Pinto[/quote]

We should have signed Ayala on a pay to play deal. Would''ve cost almost nothing.