Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

u21

5-0. No win since Nov. Barely been near Chelsea area. After getting thumped 7-0 against Man Utd last time out.
Think they need to stop watching the first team!

Dont forget that a number of our U21 players are getting league experience with various clubs, e.g.: Joshua Murphy, Jacob Murphy, Morris, Maddison, McGrandles, Thompson, Toffolo and Norman at Non league Woking.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Dont forget that a number of our U21 players are getting league experience with various clubs, e.g.: Joshua Murphy, Jacob Murphy, Morris, Maddison, McGrandles, Thompson, Toffolo and Norman at Non league Woking.[/quote]

This, however I don''t see the point of the U21''s the standard would be better if it was just a reserve league.

All good learning for the youngsters playing against these top teams and hopefully will improve on the back of the defeats

Good point on the u21 who are out on loan and their quality

For the first time in years I am very very excited about the potential of players coming through

The future looks incredibly bright

[quote user="Hull Canary"]All good learning for the youngsters playing against these top teams and hopefully will improve on the back of the defeats

For the first time in years I am very very excited about the potential of players coming through

The future looks incredibly bright[/quote]

Can''t beat shipping 12 goals in 2 games to boost confidence

The future is Orange

[quote user="Hull Canary"]All good learning for the youngsters playing against these top teams and hopefully will improve on the back of the defeats

The future looks incredibly bright[/quote]

Can''t beat shipping 12 goals in 2 games to boost confidence

The future is Orange

NB Leiceter bottom of U21 league according to SSN. Many of U21 players were in Youth Cup team. Chelsea U 21''s on 000''s. Perhaps not so bad.

Very few in the NCFC I''d call "under 21s", they are under 18s and 3 years difference can make a huge difference in youth football.

NCFC do not have the depth that other Prem teams have in their youth systems, and as a result we were always going to struggle this season. We''ve loaned out pretty much ALL our U21''s and sold many of our reserves but I still think we''ll hopefully do enough to stay up.

It''s still a good learning exercise and at that level losing heavily is not an unusual occurrence in youth football. In fact, I''ll list a few other results this season;

Man UTD 6 - 1 Leicester

Leicester 1 - 6 Sunderland

Derby 6 - 4 Newcastle

Swansea 5 - 0 Aston Villa

Man City 5 -1 Middlesborough

Spurs 7 - 4 Leicester

Reading 2 - 5 Southampton

Arsenal 5 - 0 West Ham

AND, in case you were oblivious the week we dished out the dirt ourselves, of course;

Norwich 7 - 2 Southampton

Conclusion; It''s a learning exercise for many of our young players and results are pretty much taken with a pinch of salt!