Sign in to follow this  
The Seldom Seen Kid...

The class of 85

Some might call it the good old day`s..........

but how many of you were there that Sunday we won the cup.....

I remember it well, plastic pint glass of lager going everywhere when we scored, praying to god before walker missed the pen...

And being so proud to be a Norwich  fan lost in Londen afterwards,,,

I ended up in Oxford, but then again thats were i came from...

I was there as an 11 year old, we didn''t have tickets but went up there anyway and managed to buy 2 tickets for face value from a Sunderland fan!

We stood next to a couple of nice Sunderland fans who took the defeat quite well.

I was there Muttley.Got a great spot in the terrace behind the goal posts where we scored, an hour before kick off. Unfortunately nature called about 10 minutes before the actual event and I never did get back to that great spectator spot. Was then in a crush for the whole ninety mintues experiencing the back-and-forth nature of the game as the crowd ebbed and flowed.Also remember driving down to Bournemouth the weekend they announced on Radio 5 (2 as was) that all English teams were banned from Europe, so the dream that should of been was cancelled before it began....

Yep, I was there. Got tickets for me and my mate through our Sunday league team. I was still in the RN then and travelled up from Pompey. My mate had a mate from Sunderland who was a copper in London so we met up with a load of Sunderland fans before the game with me the only Norwich shirt in the pub - I took a bit of stick but it was all in good humour.

On the way back I was the only Norwich fan heading my way. The whole street was full of Sunderland fans and I expected a kicking at any moment. Just as I thought I had got away with it one of the Sunderland fans shouted across "Oi......................................................you can smile -you won you know !!"

I gave him the best grin I could manage and got my head down again until I got on the train back to Pompey.

Mark .Y.