Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

RIP Johnny Miller

Died yesterday, played for both us and 1p5wich, was part of a promotion winning squad under John Bond.

Was his nickname ''spider man'', was something to do with his running style being all arm and legs?

Remember seeing him in the League Cup Final when we lost 1-0 to Villa at Wembley. Where have 40 years gone

Remember him scoring one of the quickest goals ever at CR.It was at the River End but can''t remember who against.RIP JM.

Johnny Miller didn''t play more than about 25 games for us but he certainly played in a few big ones. My memory is him banging in 2 goals at the portaloo to knock the binners out of the league cup quarter final. It is said we still owed them the fee at the time. Now that''s what I call a magic moment!! John Bond just said magic[:)] I think we signed him from them the same time as we signed Peter Morris.

I don''t remember him being called spider though. We had a winger a couple of years before known as Spider Mellor. His son is Neil Mellor who is now a pundit on Sky.

RIP Johnny Miller.

Remember him mostly for the Ipswich game where he scored a couple. Can''t remember him in the cup final for some reason.

I remember Ian Mellor too Nigel but never knew he was called spider. He had legs like Peter Crouch or it seemed like that to me as I was about ten at the time!

RIP JM

[quote user="ricardo"]Remember him scoring one of the quickest goals ever at CR.It was at the River End but can''t remember who against.RIP JM.[/quote]I think that was against Cardiff

[quote user="SwindonCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]Remember him scoring one of the quickest goals ever at CR.It was at the River End but can''t remember who against.RIP JM.[/quote]I think that was against Cardiff [/quote]

Yep, against Cardiff at Carrow Road on December 7th 1974- Sullivan to MacDougall straight from kick off, quick cross to Miller, 1-0. Still the fastest ever goal scored by a Norwich player, worthy of comment alone as is, and was, Miller.Still drew the game 1-1 and, how typical is this, the Cardiff keeper had the proverbial blinder.Alartz, home after a few lagers and doing a spot of click baiting late at night, if the subject doesn''t interest you, why comment in the first place?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Johnny Miller didn''t play more than about 25 games for us but he certainly played in a few big ones. My memory is him banging in 2 goals at the portaloo to knock the binners out of the league cup quarter final. It is said we still owed them the fee at the time. Now that''s what I call a magic moment!! John Bond just said magic[:)] I think we signed him from them the same time as we signed Peter Morris.

I don''t remember him being called spider though. We had a winger a couple of years before known as Spider Mellor. His son is Neil Mellor who is now a pundit on Sky.

RIP Johnny Miller.

[/quote]

Thanks Eddie, seems my memory isn''t what it used to be, at least I remembered that he was a winger!