Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Leicester have got it right

I really hope we can pull off a shock win at Leicester,but they have got it right,a quality striker,a good solid defence and a team who play together nearly every week without constant changing.we still seem like we are looking for the best striker,experimenting with the defence,and have tried both goalkeepers.until we get a settled side with someone who can hit the target I think we will struggle ,I just hope the team will raise the game otherwise vardy will have a fantastic afternoon.

They''ve found a formula that works for them so fair enough; it''s not that pretty, though, just relying on quick players catching sides on the break. They are also very niggly - I''ve watched them a few times and they do make a lot of late challenges that seem to go unpunished. I personally think they''ll wobble like we did in 92/3 and finish something like 3rd/4th.

But are Leicester''s good results due to their settled side or is their settled side due to their good results? I''m still not sure..

They have millionaire backers.

The facts are that every now and then people rave about a less fashionable club punching above its weight. It seldom lasts - remember Wimbledon, Wigan, Bolton, Charlton, Blackburn. Not many clubs successfully become regular top flight clubs. Swansea are looking at dropping down this season.

Whatever the finances in the Premier, it isn''t enough to guarantee prolonged inclusion, and nor is one good season. Leicester are doing incredibly well this season, so I hope they enjoy it.

the team Leicester team that played the other weekend cost 22 million

about the same as we spent in jan window

their success is not just down to having rich owners

experienced manager is helping

good system

playing as a team

enjoying their football also settled side

in fact most things we have not got !!!

The point I''m making multi seats is that there is always someone apparently "getting it right", but it rarely lasts.

Earlier this season people were citing Palace as an example of what we should be doing, already that''s quietened down.

Had Vardy not won the penalty at Carrow Road I don''t think there was a lot between the teams in that game - a thought seconded by my Leicester City supporting nephew by the way - they have pushed on although they only drew with Villa a few weeks ago.

Yes I know we lost to Villa but the point is they are a long way from being invincible.

Funny isn''t it? Wasn''t that long ago everyone was saying how Charlton was the club we should be modelling ourselves on !

I believe the scientific term for this phenomenon is "The sun even shines on a dog''s a*s some days". Of course it helps if you are already a dogs a*s, which Leicester clearly are.

Apples

[quote user="FCC"]They have millionaire backers.

The facts are that every now and then people rave about a less fashionable club punching above its weight. It seldom lasts - remember Wimbledon, Wigan, Bolton, Charlton, Blackburn. Not many clubs successfully become regular top flight clubs. Swansea are looking at dropping down this season.

Whatever the finances in the Premier, it isn''t enough to guarantee prolonged inclusion, and nor is one good season. Leicester are doing incredibly well this season, so I hope they enjoy it.[/quote]A valid point - however Blackburn did win the Premier League during that run. You could also put Norwich 1992/93 on that list.As unsustainable as it may be to be a ''less fashionable club punching above it''s weight'', I''d give my left nut to experience it for a few years again. If you support a club like Norwich, it''s basically the best you can hope for in the money-fuelled modern game.