Sign in to follow this  
Clint

What Has Lafferty Done To Neil?

Seems very odd that Neil will only sanction a move on ''his terms''. It seems we''re holding out for someone to take him and pay all of his wages but why?

He never gets near the team and is even less likely to now with the signing of Bamford. Surely someone taking him and paying some of his wages is a win win situation?

Seems like Neil is potentially ruining the lads chances of playing in the Euro''s or at least having some kind of impact. He''s going to be so lacking in match fitness whilst he just sits around doing nothing here.

I would imagine there''s more underneath his words. Firstly Leeds were particularly aggressive in their pursuit of Laff''s in the press etc. which probably didn''t go down well with AN or McNally. Secondly, Laffs is very much a part of our squad. Yes, I know he hasn''t played a huge amount, but an injury to one of CamJam or Mbokani leaves us incredibly short up top now we''ve sold Hooper and Grabban.

In my eyes, that basically means Lafferty needs to remain a NCFC player, and if he goes out on loan it must mean we have a 24 hour recall clause in the contract. Also, Leeds only want him if they can sign him in the summer permanently. If we get relegated, Bamford and Mbokani head back leaving us with only CamJam. I''d rather we had kept Hooper on our books but now he isn''t we have to keep Lafferty at this stage.

i dont think Lafferty has done anything to Neil?.......he is a squad player in the eyes of the manager and wants to keep him around.

NCFC are under no obligation to help the Northern Ireland national football team...

I wouldnt be surprised however if Michael O''Neill is now constantly in contact with Lafferty and his agent to force any kind of move to get some football under his belt for the last 2/3 months of the season.

which of our strikers would you put Lafferty ahead of?he isn''t playing because there are better options.... no other reason.

When you say better options jas, what exactly do you mean?It can''t be for scoring goals as none of them are doing that.

I''s not like they''re still settling in, they''ve had 24 odd games and are failing to score regularly.

I know Mbokani and Jerome fit the style of play better (& we assume we''ll see Bamford, hopefully without injuries) but unless something is seriously awry off the the pitch, our top two strikers have not been a success in the goals department this season. Yes you can argue they hold the line well, but their first and foremost job is to score us goals. That, they ain''t doing! And yet Laffs doesn''t get a look in, nor even a bench spot now

My post doesn''t suggest Lafferty should be playing, it says that if he isn''t, he should be allowed to go out on loan.

Neil has basically said he doesn''t require him to here by saying he can go out on loan but only on ''his terms.'' This is the bit I don''t really get as surely it better for all parties if we send him out and someone else picks up some of his wages.

He shouldn''t be allowed to do anything the manager doesn''t want him to do.

AN is the boss and what he says goes.

LAfferty is a paid employee of the club, he gets his wages and should get on with his job.

Well I think it''s likely we are probably being offered only a small amount of his wage to be covered? Last time I checked Norwich City FC isn''t a charity to Leeds United and they can''t get one of our internationals effectively for free for the rest of the season. Neil has said it in interviews, put up or shut up.

[quote user="alartz"]Neil doesn''t like him. Neil is a clueless clown. Simple[/quote]There''s nothing wrong in you being this stupid, it''s that you want the rest of the world to know about is the worrying part.

Anybody who sees Lafferty as more than just an average Championship striker is mistaken, imo.

Apparently he is also a bit ''difficult'' in other ways as well, although there has been none of his usual so-called ''off the field mis-behaviour patterns'' at CR as far as we are informed.

Sell him whilst his stock is high (ie. NI performances.)

Is his reputation holding back any possible transfer?

[quote user="Clint"]My post doesn''t suggest Lafferty should be playing, it says that if he isn''t, he should be allowed to go out on loan.

Neil has basically said he doesn''t require him to here by saying he can go out on loan but only on ''his terms.'' This is the bit I don''t really get as surely it better for all parties if we send him out and someone else picks up some of his wages.[/quote]

“This question comes back time and time again and the answer remains the same. Kyle Lafferty had an opportunity to go on loan. He didn’t but that was his choice,” said Neil.

“If someone else comes in and pays his wages then there is an opportunity for him to go. Nobody has got to that figure so nothing has changed in that respect.”

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/alex_neil_has_his_say_on_kyle_lafferty_s_norwich_city_future_1_4426458

It seems it was Lafferty''s choice not to go. Or maybethe club who were prepared to pay the wages didn''t suit him.

Clearly the current situation is not ideal for either for NCFC or Lafferty.We''re paying his wages & getting nothing in return & Lafferty needs to play games.It''s pretty clear that however long he stays here he won''t get a game for us.Would have happened by now if it was going to but the arrival of Bamford seems to be the final nail in Lafferty''s coffin.You would have thought that the Club might have learned something from the Becchio situation but obviously not because exactly the same thing is happening again.Sods law tells me though that''ll he''ll bang a few in during the Euro''s

and make AN, and everyone else who thinks he''s not good enough, look

rather foolish.

My main point is why are we insistent on another club paying his wages? A loan with a contribution towards wages is surely still beneficial for all concerned, is it not?

He''s extremely unlikely to get a game here so we''re just paying him to not play. Surely another club picking up any amount of his wages is better than that? Also puts him in the shop window etc and whether you think it''s important or not, helps him in his bid to play in the Euro''s.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]But Lafferty had the chance to go and didn''t. I guess the club can''tmake him go if he wants to stay put.[/quote]Might have been to Aleppo Wanderers [;)]

As eluded to in my OP, it looks like we''re simply pricing Lafferty out of a move by demanding that the club he goes to, pays all his wages, which IMHO is extremely unlikely to happen. So I''ll go back to my original question and ask why?

But Neil said that Lafferty had the opportunity to go out on loan, so presumably at least one club was willing to meet the wage requirements.

Therefore, perhaps your original question should be why Lafferty didn''t take the opportunity go out on loan to the club in question?

Lafferty rejected a move abroad as he allegedly wants to stay in the UK. Whether he should have gone or not is not really what I''m asking.

My point is, we know there have been other offers which have not met ''Neil''s Terms''. We know Lafferty isn''t required here otherwise all loan moves would be rejected.

So my question still remains, why are we turning down any loan approaches for him? What good is that doing the club or him?

Steve Evans made a fool out of himself by talking up a loan agreement Leeds evidently cannot afford. That''s the end of the story.

How does giving away one of our assets to another club for next to nothing benefit Norwich? Even in the loan market all players have their market value. You pay their wages and a loan fee. It''s not that difficult.

I''ll ask a couple of questions Pete....

What is more likely to increase Lafferty''s market value for sale? Playing regularly in the Champs and having a decent Euro''s or sitting in the stands here every match and playing the odd U21 match here and there?

What is more financially beneficial to us? Paying someone £25k per week to sit in the stands and play the odd U21 match here and there or paying them 50% of that with the loan club making up the rest? Thereby also increasing their future sale value, as above.

It''s not that difficult!