Sign in to follow this  
breaker

Fellow relegationers

A lot of discussion prompted by Wiz on the three new signings but for a reality check just look at Southdumpton & Crazy Palace - Niemi, Lundekvam, Crouch likely to leave and Phillips already has, Johnson likely to leave and Routledge, Powell and Ventola already have. Norwich is the only team to have kept its Premiership squad together; ok Helveg & Francis might go but do you think Worthy is not planning for these eventualities? With 2 games a week for most of the season we will need a decent squad and Worthy has already indicated that he wants 25 or 26 so expect at least three more signings.

Interesting points beaker, and agree with them all.

We are indeed the only club to have not sold any player, we have released player that we no longer need (apart from crow - still baffled about that), this just opens space for new signings such as wages and things so you can understand why they were released, Eddy was simply getting too old, Crow - i just dont know, but i gather either him and worthy fell out or he simply wasnt good enough or we have too many striker, and Mulryne - was never in with a chance of earning a solid centre midfield place with the likes of safri and francis. Obviously was a ''tad'' over weight and simply wasnt good enough anymore.

But on the other hand we welcome our 3 new signings,

Thorn - A tall beasty striker from cardiff, who can score goals (has a better score ratio than svennson) An easy replacement for svensson who i think could break into the first team eventually (if someone gets injured mainly) but i can see him getting into the first 11 and staying there

Jarrett - Lean mean busty midfielder - obviously a replacement for holt and mulryne (hes worth both of them!) Only bad thing to his name is his recent injuries, especially his broken leg that kept him out for nearly the whole of last season. Could play alongside francis is he stays. CAnt really see safri and Jarrett play together on the pitch as they are too alike.

Louis-Jean - Defender who will most likely play as a right back, bit old but still younger than eddy and nobody had any complaints about him when he was playing! From what i know hes pretty good at going foward and getting crosses in. But according to whiz thats aload of trosh, but ohwell, we will see wont we!

As for the other teams, they are all looking in a bad way. If johnson leaves palace, they are as good as out of the race for promotion. Ippo look like they are going to be mid-tbale finishers and ''hampton are still fit for a play-off place imo

we sold svensson.i agree, all 3 promoted teams will be up there but i think us and palace will be the main title runners.

i think we''ve got pretty much the best squad in the championship, the signings we have made have been fantastic considering we''ve spent no money on them - so far we''ve bought 3 players and made £100k, no room for complaint there.i think it''ll be us, palace and wolves for promotion this season

AJ - I''m looking forward to seeing ''Jarrett - Lean mean busty midfielder ''.  I know in the past Worthy has had his knockers, but that is taking it too far.

I assume this is a comedy typo..........but you never can tell.  Could be a cunning distraction ploy.  Looking forward to see if anyone swaps shirts with him as well.