Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Chris Brunt hit by coin thrown by own supporters

I know some people take defeat badly, but if you have the balls to go over to your own fans to throw them your shirt after a shocking defeat then I don''t think you deserve to be hit with a coin... 
He handled it pretty well to be honest, after the initial "who f**king threw that?" incident.  Would be interesting to see what the club do about this.

What an idiot throwing that coin! Seems he could only afford to throw away 10p as well! He should count himself lucky to be supporting WBA given they''ve been overachieving for years now. They''ve outstayed their welcome at the top level for a while now along with Sunderland and Villa.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]What an idiot throwing that coin! Seems he could only afford to throw away 10p as well! He should count himself lucky to be supporting WBA given they''ve been overachieving for years now. They''ve outstayed their welcome at the top level for a while now along with Sunderland and Villa.[/quote]Sign of austere times perhaps?When I was coined by Swansea fans, when we were in the Championship, they were throwing 20p''s.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Tetteys Jig"]What an idiot throwing that coin! Seems he could only afford to throw away 10p as well! He should count himself lucky to be supporting WBA given they''ve been overachieving for years now. They''ve outstayed their welcome at the top level for a while now along with Sunderland and Villa.[/quote]Sign of austere times perhaps?When I was coined by Swansea fans, when we were in the Championship, they were throwing 20p''s.[/quote]With 20p''s being half the weight and twice the price of 10p''s clearly the Swansea fans don''t need to worry about applying for MENSA membership [:D] At the loads-a-money London clubs I''m told they show a bit more class with 50p''s being the preferred weapon of choice [;)] All this talk of coining brings a tear to the eye of us oldies......I can remember when you could get 240 rounds of kick-ass ammo for only a quid [:(][;)]

I was being nosey on a Baggies forum and whilst many rightly deplore the action quite a few were moaning about Brunt''s part (or lack of it) in the 3rd goal and totally dismissive of the incident.Most want Pullis out and they''re planning a protest at the next home game! We play them in a month, so could work in our favour.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Most want Pullis out and they''re planning a protest at the next home game! We play them in a month, so could work in our favour.[/quote]Yeah about as well as the protests Villa fans were planning before our recent game there. That worked in our favour not !

Coins were thrown onto the pitch this afternoon at Stamford Bridge when Man City equalised and yesterday there were incidents at The Den where Millwall fans were fighting with the Police.

I wonder if a 50p is better because of its squarer edges, or a pound coin because of its weight. Of course you have to consider the financial implications.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]I wonder if a 50p is better because of its squarer edges, or a pound coin because of its weight. Of course you have to consider the financial implications.[/quote]If you''re a loaded Londoner it has to be a £2 coin.Street cred must be maintained, innit....[;)]

[quote user="wewonthecup"]He scored a goal against us at Portman rd once. He deserved it in my eyes!!![/quote]Perhaps if your fans threw coins onto the pitch you could afford to pay your tax bills?