Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Another strange decision from our manager?

Will Bamford actually ever start a game for us?

Not really likely to start next weekend v Leicester as will be ineligible for the Chelsea game!

Seems to me to be just another piece of poor management from a man many on here claim to be such a fantastic manager!

And now Neil says the shackles are off Redmond too, is that Neil admitting he has made some poor decisions with regards to his use of Nathan?

There''s 12 matches to go, almost a third of the season, so it''s not as if there''s only a handful - Bamford still has plenty of time/opportunity to influence our season. I was a little surprised he didn''t come on v West Ham, but not that much.

As for Redmond, I guess he''s been trying to get him to be more ''complete'' in his defensive duties and there''s absolutely nothing wrong in that; after all it''s what most of our supporters have been saying for the last 2-3 years!

A no footy weekend for us Lessingham so be prepared for a few more threads like this over the weekend.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Will Bamford actually ever start a game for us?

Not really likely to start next weekend v Leicester as will be ineligible for the Chelsea game![/quote]
Did you ever actually see any "action" in the army?  If not, was it a strange decision to have you in the army?

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"][quote user="Baldyboy"]Will Bamford actually ever start a game for us?

Not really likely to start next weekend v Leicester as will be ineligible for the Chelsea game![/quote]
Did you ever actually see any "action" in the army?  If not, was it a strange decision to have you in the army?
[/quote]

Do you really have to put that picture of that left wing commie on a football site

No Jeremy Knobbend I didn''t see any action in the army as I wasn''t in the army!

Good to see you still live up to being an ill informed waste of oxygen!

What has what I have done in my life got to do with football anyway? You just prove that because people have an opinion you dont like you feel it justified to attack them. At least your avatar pic of Corbyn is perfect for you, is it a self portrait? Oh no that would have a phallic member for a nose, wouldnt it!

It''s a reasonable question from the op imo.   Play the post, not the poster.  It would have been good to see Bamford involved more straight away - but rather than question the manager''s ability, I would prefer to think that AN is the one that sees the players in training and judges all of them accordingly. Bamford will have to show better than the others to get on the field.  The Redmond thing is slightly different. I don''t understand why players can''t treat defending more positively - some of them look as if they are doing it under sufferance rather than treating it as a vital part of their game.  AN has obviously been working on defending as a team - and Redmond has tried to be responsible  - but maybe Redmond is the type of player who just needs to be free to do what he wants - to just go out and express himself.  Can we afford a player to do that given the overall ability of the team?  I don''t know, but it looks as if AN has decided to let him be more of a free spirit.  That could make the rest of the season more exciting and if it works and the defence keeps firm, we could start doing better.  But again, blaming AN for trying to change things up, is a bit OTT. He has to try everything to get the best out of his players. 

Think Bamford is already beginning to realise that it was a good thing he never joined us last summer, after  originally posting that he wished he had. If i was a goal scoring striker id avoid an Alex Neil  side like the plague. For a start he is obsessed with one up front, meaning a strikers chance of getting any regular game time in the City side is minimal. Then add to that the lack of  any real service our lone City strikers receive in many games, and its easy to see a strikers chances of  scoring many goals here are slim. I imagine Hooper is in heaven at last, scoring regular in a side that gives him chances to score. Would be interesting to see  him in a Wednesday side  in the Prem, so many City fans  regard Hooper as not prolific in the top flight.Hooper, Lafferty, Bamford,,,Grabban , RVW,,,last season or two we have had a big turnover of strikers and none really have hit the mark. Some of this happened of course before Alex even joined City, but i think hes made many strange decisions regarding strikers.

Bamford clearly impressed when Middlesbrough beat us at Carrow Road last season.
I wasn''t there and don''t recall what formation Middlesbrough used against us - can anyone tell me please?

Essjayess wrote:

''''Think Bamford is already beginning to realise that it was a good thing he never joined us last summer, after originally posting that he wished he had. If i was a goal scoring striker id avoid an Alex Neil side like the plague. For a start he is obsessed with one up front, meaning a strikers chance of getting any regular game time in the City side is minimal. Then add to that the lack of any real service our lone City strikers receive in many games, and its easy to see a strikers chances of scoring many goals here are slim. I imagine Hooper is in heaven at last, scoring regular in a side that gives him chances to score. Would be interesting to see him in a Wednesday side in the Prem, so many City fans regard Hooper as not prolific in the top flight.

Hooper, Lafferty, Bamford,,,Grabban , RVW,,,last season or two we have had a big turnover of strikers and none really have hit the mark. Some of this happened of course before Alex even joined City, but i think hes made many strange decisions regarding strikers. ''''

1. I''d say at least three quarters of prem teams play with just 1 striker, maybe even more than that

2. Neil likes to ease new players into the team, if he can, rather than throwing them in at the deep end, we saw the same thing with Mbokani

3. We''ve got one of the worst squads in the division, can''t imagine teams around us having much better records? Defoe doesn''t count..

4. Our strikers scored plenty under him in the championship, surely you can see it''s just the difference in quality

5. Hooper scored plenty for us in the championship but was rightly 3rd choice behind Grabban and Jerome who contributed better for the team, don''t remember anyone doubting that at the time

I''m not really sure what you''re getting at, other than trying to forge a fresh stick for beating our manager...do you honestly think that 2 up front would work for us?

Do you still want Neil to go? Even though he''s on course to better your start-of-season points predictions?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]No Jeremy Knobbend I didn''t see any action in the army as I wasn''t in the army!

Good to see you still live up to being an ill informed waste of oxygen!

What has what I have done in my life got to do with football anyway? You just prove that because people have an opinion you dont like you feel it justified to attack them. At least your avatar pic of Corbyn is perfect for you, is it a self portrait? Oh no that would have a phallic member for a nose, wouldnt it![/quote]
Perhaps I should have said "RAF", or "forces", if you want to be pedantic about it.
Unless of course you were telling porkies then, which is possible.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Play the post, not the poster.[/quote]
Anyone walking over the fields this morning will smell the undeniable waft of irony, if not hypocrisy, from this post.

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"][quote user="lake district canary"]Play the post, not the poster.[/quote]
Anyone walking over the fields this morning will smell the undeniable waft of irony, if not hypocrisy, from this post.
[/quote]You have no moral standing on which to judge my - or anyone else''s - posting on here. Your record speaks for itself. You only have to look at this thread - not one single post or even part of a post from you about the footballing points.  Oh yeah, I forgot, football is''nt your main reason for posting on here, is it.......

Bamford played six games in four months at palace so was never going to be match fit or ready to start as soon as he crossed our threshold. AN has already shown that players need to be up to speed to start in his team. The Premier League is unforgiving for players who aren''t match fit. I expect him to start matches in the coming weeks.

I wasn''t trying to beat the manager with a stick at all.

just asking a football question as to me Neil has made many decisions which are strange thats all, the biggest being his lack of ability to try to change things with subs or even two up front.

As for what Jeremy Knobbend said about me, yes I served my country for 26 years to help protect people like himself who judge people without even knowing them.

My personal status and life have absolutely nothing to do with the likes of him and he epitomises all that is wrong with society and especially this messageboard, which is that if people have a different opinion they must be abused in some way.

If Jeremy, you despise me that much that is up to you, maybe though you would like to meet me before the Chelsea game and tell me to my face exactly what your problem with me is, although tbh I doubt you have the balls to move from your keyboard?

Don''t invite him to The Nelson for a drink as generally those offered that invite have trouble finding it and furthermore you will be accused of being a member of The Inner Circle. [:P]

those offered that invite have trouble finding it and furthermore you will be accused of being a member of The Inner Circle.

are we talking about female genitalia or the nelson??

I suspect we will see more and more of Bamford now that he will have "bedded-in" so to speak.

I hope so, AN spent a lot of energy chasing the player and he won''t have come on the cheap.

He offers something different from the other three, and is more pacey, for example. Hopefully he will have a better ''eye'' for the net as well.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]I wasn''t trying to beat the manager with a stick at all.

just asking a football question as to me Neil has made many decisions which are strange thats all, the biggest being his lack of ability to try to change things with subs or even two up front.

As for what Jeremy Knobbend said about me, yes I served my country for 26 years to help protect people like himself who judge people without even knowing them.

My personal status and life have absolutely nothing to do with the likes of him and he epitomises all that is wrong with society and especially this messageboard, which is that if people have a different opinion they must be abused in some way.

If Jeremy, you despise me that much that is up to you, maybe though you would like to meet me before the Chelsea game and tell me to my face exactly what your problem with me is, although tbh I doubt you have the balls to move from your keyboard?[/quote]

Hang on a minute...the ''biggest'' strange decision making problem for you is his lack of trying to change a game with subs??? Do you watch the games?