Sign in to follow this  
Mr Sausage

No East Anglian Derby

Had our local rivals been wound up yesterday and they had gone bust would you have missed the Derby game.

For me I would not want them to go bust yes be financially in a mess for ever more and as a result we thump them everytime but a future without an east Anglian Derby wouldn''t be the same!

[quote user="Hull Canary"]Had our local rivals been wound up yesterday and they had gone bust would you have missed the Derby game.

For me I would not want them to go bust yes be financially in a mess for ever more and as a result we thump them everytime but a future without an east Anglian Derby wouldn''t be the same![/quote]I prefer the scenario where they never leave the Championship, and we stay in the Premiership, and there isn''t a derby for that reason.Yeah the derbies are good, but we are only enjoying them because, in recent years, we have been winning them.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-35631799Sadly it''s all OK for them down the road.[/quote]Yeah, for now.But this is how the likes of Portsmouth started, this is only the beginning. They have survived for the last few years as they have had a decent player to sell, to balance the books, and they don''t have such a player right now. I really don''t think the future is very bright for them.

I can see them eventually drifting down a division. For the past few years they have managed to sell at good prices and bring through some championship level players which has kept them stable.

Is it 13 years now in the same division? Eventually that will change, either they will go up or down. They are nearer to coming up at the moment but you do get the sense that with finances getting tighter and nothing much left to sell on the playing field that the future is slow decline. If they do eventually drop, say in two or three years time, it will be interesting to see how ME reacts.

Mick McCarthy is actually doing a very good job there on the very limited budget he has. However at some point the natives will get restless, think someone else can do a better job and in a case of ''be careful what you wish for'' they''ll get someone like Remi Garde in and sink like a stone.

[quote user="Hull Canary"]Had our local rivals been wound up yesterday and they had gone bust would you have missed the Derby game.

For me I would not want them to go bust yes be financially in a mess for ever more and as a result we thump them everytime but a future without an east Anglian Derby wouldn''t be the same![/quote]Each to to their own but personally I couldn''t give a **** if we never play them again.

Hairy - If they don''t go up this season next season will be their 15th season the Championship.

I don''t like the derbies so I''m hoping we stay in different leagues for a long long time

That club reminds me of a punch drunk boxer, burbling on about how he won a few fights but forgets how he was battered for several years, but still believes he can make a comeback. Sad case but hopeless. [:''(]

Dont ever understand why any true fan of football would gloat with glee with serious financial problems at either  club, be it City fans  at Ipswich Towns current status off pitch, or at Town fans when we had serious issues around 1-7.  I personally wish both City and Town more positive stability and financial solidity over the coming years, the rivalry between our clubs is and has always been the major factor in keeping East Anglian football on the map.Its on the pitch iteslf, especially when we play them, of course that i want to see us dominant for years to come.  Both clubs have had ups n downs over the years, but our seasons in the Premier in recent years has given City have given us the edge financially, and on the pitch we have whooped them good in recent years. Long may that continue.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Dont ever understand why any true fan of football would gloat with glee with serious financial problems at either  club, be it City fans  at Ipswich Towns current status off pitch, or at Town fans when we had serious issues around 1-7.  I personally wish both City and Town more positive stability and financial solidity over the coming years, the rivalry between our clubs is and has always been the major factor in keeping East Anglian football on the map.Its on the pitch iteslf, especially when we play them, of course that i want to see us dominant for years to come.  Both clubs have had ups n downs over the years, but our seasons in the Premier in recent years has given City have given us the edge financially, and on the pitch we have whooped them good in recent years. Long may that continue.[/quote]Please can you let me know what you have been drinking so i can avoid it at all costs.

And another glorious home defeat to Hull! Six points away from 6th and an incredibly inferior goal difference!! Another season in the Chumps beckons, what''s that 14??A record?? How much longer will MMc put up with it???

Ron what amazes me is our fans attacking our players, manager and board when we could all be watching that shambles down the road

We are very very lucky

Just saw the Hull goal on Sky. Good goal not Poorman Road was less than half full by the looks of things! Truly awful support, top of the league team and you can''t be bothered to cheer your team on!! They deserve everything they get!