Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Business like we are doing OK

Another full house yesterday full of well behaved fans showing nothing but satisfaction. The Shareholders Association being swept under the carpet and told any future subscriptions will not be accepted. The players scoring goals. Two class goal keepers fit and well. Fans from all over the world parading their flags and a girl singing opera and being applauded at half time. No foreigners on the Board. A lovely little Club. We are well satisfied..... I think???

Ah yes Opera Busker, when they wheeled her out before the start I had a terrible feeling that she was there to perform the embarrassing "kick it off" start up, only several octaves higher than most could achieve without a truss.

She was pretty good and most people were looking on somewhat stunned.

Guess the streamers missed out on this, especially those scoring the crowd in the USA.

[quote user="Bobert"]Another full house yesterday full of well behaved fans showing nothing but satisfaction. The Shareholders Association being swept under the carpet and told any future subscriptions will not be accepted. The players scoring goals. Two class goal keepers fit and well. Fans from all over the world parading their flags and a girl singing opera and being applauded at half time. No foreigners on the Board. A lovely little Club. We are well satisfied..... I think???[/quote]Just a point of order........The Shareholders Association was not run or administered by NCFC but by fans themselves and due to lack of support from its members at commkittee meetings and AGMs was wound up recently.

Bobert, do you know what was the purpose of those apathetic shareholders and their association before they gave up the ghost?

Serious question BTW..

Well strangely enough the Association has not quite given up the ghost and there is to be one more meeting later this month when it can yet be saved.

The Association wanted to have one of its members on the Board to represent the hundreds of shareholders who effectively have "no say" in the running of the Club unless they catch the eye of the Chairman at the AGM and even then their speaking time is usually very limited.

The Association had a worthwhile annual income from its members and was completely self funding. however without a Board member it had to rely for its information on hearsay which it was often unable to publish,

It has been a worth while and useful tool to restrict the freedom of the Majority shareholder and it is a shame that the various fans organisations seem to feel that they wanted to run without its cooperation and perhaps vice versa,

Maybe it can be reborn with a committee well versed in Company, Contract and Employment Law which might take it back to its roots..

Hundreds of shareholders? There''s a lot more than that.

If they were serious about wanting that why did they never make themselves known to shareholders.

Or even answer emails.

That could have been the problem. The committee, whose numbers were restricted by the Association''s constitution only met once a month and the members of the Association only met once a year at the AGM of the Association.

The Chairman and the Secretary were related at one time and perhaps had their own reasons for not wanting the size of the Committee to be expanded.

There is also a problem in identifying who is a shareholder of the Club and his address without being able to check the Club''s records regularly. Shareholders often register nominees as the holders of their shares.

I once found an email address for these. On the clubs website to be fair. Emailed them to invite them to take part in a fans quiz to raise money for E.A.C.H. I didn''t even get an acknowledgement.

They weren''tjust under the radar but under the carpet under the radar. Why should they have a member on the board representing shareholders when a lot of our shareholders have never heard of them?

Having just made a phone call to someone who was heavily involved with The Shareholders Association i related your posts to them Bobert as some of your comments raised an eyebrow with me and my somewhat limited knowledge of their business. Basically you are way off beam with what you said.NCFC has a total of over 6,000 shareholders of which only 250 became members of the Association.There were vacancies on the committee so your suggestion that the chairman and secretary restricted numbers is incorrect.They are still related by the way as they are brothers.Just eleven members attended the most recent AGM.There has never been any moves to place a member of The Shareholders Association of the NCFC board.

[quote user="Bobert"]Well strangely enough the Association has not quite given up the ghost and there is to be one more meeting later this month when it can yet be saved.

The Association wanted to have one of its members on the Board to represent the hundreds of shareholders who effectively have "no say" in the running of the Club unless they catch the eye of the Chairman at the AGM and even then their speaking time is usually very limited.

The Association had a worthwhile annual income from its members and was completely self funding. however without a Board member it had to rely for its information on hearsay which it was often unable to publish,

It has been a worth while and useful tool to restrict the freedom of the Majority shareholder and it is a shame that the various fans organisations seem to feel that they wanted to run without its cooperation and perhaps vice versa,

Maybe it can be reborn with a committee well versed in Company, Contract and Employment Law which might take it back to its roots..[/quote]That may have been the hope but I doubt that has been the case, or ever could be. In practice there are very few restrictions on the majority shareholders. They can be outvoted board meetings (it is possible this happened with the sacking of Bryan Gunn), although they can always pick new directors if it becomes a chronic problem.And if public opinion (genuine public opinion as opposed to some fans in cyberspace) on an important issue is overwhelming they might have to bow to that.If, as seems so, this organisation still exists but is hardly thriving, would it make sense to merge with/be subsumed by the Canary Trust? It doesn''t appear that their aims are very different, and the trust (I declare an interest as a footsoldier member) looks to be much the healthier of the two groups.

Some members of The Shareholders Association were/are also members of The Canaries Trust Purple. Your thoughts will be read but not commented on as this site is not worthy of response.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Some members of The Shareholders Association were/are also members of The Canaries Trust Purple. Your thoughts will be read but not commented on as this site is not worthy of response.[/quote]Tilly, if you mean commented on by the Trust that may be true (I have no idea) but I wasn''t posting in the expectation of a public response. As a Trust member I can always put the idea to it directly. But in any event of the two organisations it is the Shareholders'' Association that seems to be the one that has a decision to make on its future. And Bobert for one (I don''t know what his standing is) appears willing to discuss that issue.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Some members of The Shareholders Association were/are also members of The Canaries Trust Purple. Your thoughts will be read but not commented on as this site is not worthy of response.[/quote]Tilly, if you mean commented on by the Trust that may be true (I have no idea) but I wasn''t posting in the expectation of a public response. As a Trust member I can always put the idea to it directly. But in any event of the two organisations it is the Shareholders'' Association that seems to be the one that has a decision to make on its future. And Bobert for one (I don''t know what his standing is) appears willing to discuss that issue.[/quote]The Shareholders Association has had it''s winding up meeting and the monies it held have been distributed.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]My friend that supports Rangers was down for the match and she couldn''t believe how we as fans, accepted a 2-2 after being 2-0 up.[/quote]

Rich coming from them!

Rangers must be the ultimate in happy clappy. While our unaccepting fans see our success under smith & Jones as failure, their accepting fans happy clap through various takeovers, investments and demotions. Do we want to be like them?

I believe there were not enough members at the Shareholders meeting  for the decisions reached to be carried out and there has to be another meeting.

What the auditor will say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or has he already said.

Perhaps it does not matter.any longer So many of us are now getting near the magic age of 85 yrs .The Saturday afternoon joy of taking the Sevice lift to the top of the Barclaywith Philip will soon be over. Good man Philip.

[quote user="Bobert"]

I believe there were not enough members at the Shareholders meeting  for the decisions reached to be carried out and there has to be another meeting.

Perhaps it does not matter.any longer So many of us are now getting near the magic age of 85 yrs .The Saturday afternoon joy of taking the Sevice lift to the top of the Barclaywith Philip will soon be over. Good man Philip.

[/quote]The meeting you refer to i understand will be held next Tuesday and  from what i have told the winding up has been a mess but what happens about the money ( £12,000 ) that has been distributed to The Historical Trust and The Academy etc is anybody''s guess. Maybe if more interest had been shown from whoever is now kicking up a stink before the horse bolted The Association would still be going strong.How you call what has been described to me as an EGM when technically it has been wound and no longer has any officers is beyond me. My understanding is that only 13 people turned up at the winding up meeting so apathy appears to have won the day.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Perhaps it does not matter.any longer So many of us are now getting near the magic age of 85 yrs.

[/quote]I think you will find that Bramwell Nurse the auditor has already reached that ''magic'' age.

The EGM took place last night and not knowing whether or not you were there Bobert here is what happened according to my source who was present.Around 20 people were in attendance. Unbelievably the chairman turned up without a copy of the constitution bearing in mind this was the crux of the issue at hand ! However Peter Wolsely ( yes the fellow who pontificates from the front row at NCFC AGM''s ) did so all was not lost. There was no desire from those present to continue with the Association and a total of around 60 proxy votes had been received prior to the meeting. Just three of those were in favour of continuing to run the organisation so no prizes for guessing the outcome.