Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

Norwich City Fans Social Club - Legends Evening

Thought now that our fans social club has been up and running for just over 6 months, it was time to give you an update of how we’re progressing and tell you about our next event

In just over 6 months we are getting ourselves well established, our website has had over 4200 visitors, facebook has had over 1220 likes and our twitter account has got 930 followers

We''ve had 3 events so far, a players forum, a quiz night, a management forum with Alex & his team, all of which have been well attended and more importantly we have raised over £1000 for the CSF, which we know will make a huge difference to their brilliant work.

The club officials have continued to support & help us grow our social club and without them we wouldn''t have achieved so much.

Our next event is our Legends Evening which will be a q & a style forum with Darren Eadie, Dean Ashton, Adam Drury and Dave Stringer as our guests.

It’s on Wed 17th Feb in the Top of the Terrace, doors & licensed bar opens at 7pm and the forum starts at 7:30 pm so we’re hoping for another fun night.

Would be great to see some of you there supporting us, you’d all be made very welcome and I know you''ll enjoy it

May I take this opportunity to thanks everyone who has supported our events so far, it''s much appreciated.

Also remember if you’re a ncfc fan you don’t have to join the social club, you’re automatically a member, all you have to do is come along and join in.

Diane ( on behalf of the social club volunteers )

I''m well looking forward to the legends evening. Once again I''ll be on the door and promise to let all Pink Un Posters in for just three quid with kids for a quid. It''s half term too don''t forget.

So who can I tempt to join us other than the usual culprits on here lol

[quote user="Darth Bor"]I have to care for my elderly neighbour''s tortoise,
[/quote]

I cant decide whether your elderly neighbour is an eternal optimist or having a last risk hurrah - at their age the only tortoise currently needing care are those under 6/7 years of age, the rest are hibernating.

with an average 50 years ahead of them I have to applaud your neighbours outlook on life; something the fans on this forum could look to emulate.

To get the thread back on topic don''t forget to follow our news on
Website - www.ncfsc.co.uk
Facebook -  https://www.facebook.com/ncfsc.co.uk/ 
Twitter - NorwichCityFSC

Just shared that poster on my Facebook page so anyone else on there get it shared amongst your friends.

Thanks Nutty for making the posters for us all and thank Tilly for your support, much appreciated

Thanks for sticking the thread Pete[:D]
A nice article on the ncfc website today about our event today, that should help to spread the word.
http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-fans-social-club-q-and-a-legends-tickets-2947292.aspx
I know quite a few people on here have been to all 3 events so far so just wanted to say again that your support is appreciated and hope to see you again next Wed.
Might have to think about a loyalty card [:)] what do you think Nutty?
Diane

Not sure what or who the inner circle is or how it''s connected to the fans social club, but please lets keep the thread on topic.

Moving on we''ve got lots of great raffle prizes, most of which have been donated, which are going to raise more money for the CSF to add to our total of just over £1000.

[quote user="cityangel"]Not sure what or who the inner circle is or how it''s connected to the fans social club, but please lets keep the thread on topic.

Moving on we''ve got lots of great raffle prizes, most of which have been donated, which are going to raise more money for the CSF to add to our total of just over £1000.[/quote]I wouldn''t be too concerned CA......JVB will have his hands full with his neighbour''s frisky tortoise any day soon [;)]

My last shameless plug for tomorrow nights event in the Top of the Terrace, door open at 7pm

Darren Eadie, Adam Drury, Dean Ashton, Dave Stringer will all be chatting about their lives after football and answering questions from the audience so it should be a fun night.

Hope lots of you will come and support us, we''re working very hard to make our fans social club events fun for everyone but need your help

Thanks for listening

Diane

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Representatives of the Inner Circle will be in attendance.[/quote]but not all of them[;)]

What a terrific evening and what a great compere Darren Eadie is.Good banter all night with him, Dean Ashton,Dave Stringer and Adam Drury. All of them articulate and informative with a great sense of humour. Must have been 100 plus in attendance. Well done everybody involved.

I really enjoyed it too. And I''m especially pleased for Cityangel that so many turned up. The turn out exceeded my expectations and all the legends were really relaxed and entertaining.

What a brilliant night that was tonight [:)] and thank you to everyone who came to enjoy the stories from our 3 guests Dave Stringer, Dean Ashton, Adam Drury. 
As Tilly said Darren Eadie was a great host, he had he done his homework, he spent 15 mins talking to each guest about their careers, their highs and lows & life after football and after that we had  over an hour of questions from the floor.
Then we had the raffle and by that time it was gone 9:30pm, all 3 guests stayed to chat to fans, have pictures taken and left about 10pm.
Probably the best event so far,  with around 145 in attendance and the feedback at the end was brilliant.
Next event is our popular quiz night with all proceeds going to the CSF, its on Wed 13th April, 7pm, further details will be on our website www.ncfsc.co.uk at the weekend
Thanks to everyone on here who came to support us tonight, I love you all [:)]

Just to let you know my little angel The Nelson Numpties you know the ones who are the current CSF quiz champions [;)] will be entering the next quiz on 13th April. Graham Humphrey is revising every night and Kathy is getting to grips with hurricane names.

This was a great meeting. Darren was a first class interviewer and all the legends provided a considerable amount of background info re their past careers and football in general. They spoke with down to earth honesty but coupled with a good sense of humour. This was a welcome change to the loads of hype we are fed on a daily basis. David Stringer is particular was superb and he would make a tremendous coup as an adviser to the management. However I would quite understand that he now prefers to lead a quieter life. Thanks organisers, I hope we have a similar meeting before the season ends.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just to let you know my little angel The Nelson Numpties you know the ones who are the current CSF quiz champions [;)] will be entering the next quiz on 13th April. Graham Humphrey is revising every night and Kathy is getting to grips with hurricane names.[/quote]
Your Numpties may well have been the champions of the CSF ''''on the buzzer'''' quiz  which Rob Butler hosted in late Nov, but you didn''t come in the top 3 of our last NCFSC quiz back in early Oct so you have some revising to do Tilly if you want to do the double [;)]