Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

McNally interview

Suprised there is nothing about this on here yet! Great and really insightful little interview with McNally;

http://www.thelittleyellowbirdproject.co.uk/articles/2016/2/22/exclusive-the-david-mcnally-interview

Some intersting topics, especially that it''s Colney putting players off with its lack of development rather than Norwich being out on a limb.

Also interesting insight about how they got Neil, and quite a strong backing for him and his perfromance so far.

Brilliant refreshing and honest interview with David McNally, well done Jon & Dan of the yellow bird project

Some points McNally made (some are not new):1) Alex Neil has - within the financial limits - 100 per cent the final say on transfers.2) In the summer there was one centre-half with an Italian club (presumably Koulibaly) who wanted to join us and the deal was only scuppered by the selling club failing to get a replacement, and that was one of three such deals that got so banjaxed in the last week of the window.3) Work will start in the summer on updating Colney to provide the Wow factor it lacks to attract top players. No figure was given for the cost of this initial work, or the final cost.4) The buyback system will be ("I promise") updated to make it more attractive.5) The club will look at casual prices for 18-21-year-olds (a hobbyhorse of one poster here) because of the danger of losing such supporters.An obvious question not asked - why did Bowkett resign so soon after being re-elected, and what will Ed Balls bring to the board as the replacement?

Awesome interview, just cements my long held view that we could not have a better guy in his position at this football club. His talk on Colney was spoken with honesty, passion and belief, and, for me personally, has helped understand more why that project comes before any future Carrow Road ground expansion. Not that the Carra isnt forgotten, loved his ending  thoughts on what he would like as a legacy, a Colney with a wow factor for players, and a 36 to 40,000 Carrow Road filled every match.Congrats to the guys at LYBP, super podcast.

Glad to hear that he is going to make improvements to the , frankly pants, buyback scheme!

Cheers guys. Seems to have gone down pretty well. Still had plenty of questions left to ask, but were pretty lucky to get as long as we did!And, thanks for the summary of some of the points Purple. There''s plenty of other stuff to listen to on there too!

I''m relieved to hear they''re still fully behind Neil. He''s done a brilliant job and his mistakes only stick out so much because he''s made so few of them.

I''m convinced this is one of the toughest PL seasons in years given how many of the usually lower placed clubs have excelled by sitting back and counter attacking every game. I don''t think Lambert would have kept us up with our 2011 squad if we we''re playing in this league, this year for example.

All of our rivals this year are established clubs which much bigger budgets than us and we''ve done superbly well to get to this position and still be in with a great chance of staying up with what is in my opinion the weakest squad in the league.

If Neil does stay on to be our manager for a long time I''m convinced he''ll stabilize us in the PL. If we go down, Neil will be one of the last people I''d be blaming.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Congrats to the guys at LYBP, super podcast.[/quote]Very well done chaps so good to see bloggers who can do a good blog and a podcast how it should be done.

Excellent interview from David McNally.

Thoroughly committed and focused on what is in Norwich City''s best interests, long before his own.

His warmth, respect and genuine admiration for Delia and Michael also shines through. Having fans in charge of a community-minded family club clearly drives both his passion and his loyalty.

Some of the more conspiracy-minded, negative posters should take some time out to listen to this interview. The honest, pragmatic and clear-minded points discussed by David McNally should reassure all that the club is well-run, professional, coearly structured, analytical and open-minded about developments within and outside of football.

Parma

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Essjayess"]Congrats to the guys at LYBP, super podcast.[/quote]Very well done chaps so good to see bloggers who can do a good blog and a podcast how it should be done.[/quote]
I agree, it''s up there with Huckerby''s Boots on the Podcast front.

[quote user="Daniel Brigham"]Cheers guys. Seems to have gone down pretty well. Still had plenty of questions left to ask, but were pretty lucky to get as long as we did!And, thanks for the summary of some of the points Purple. There''s plenty of other stuff to listen to on there too! [/quote]Daniel, congratulations on getting the interview. I had a date with Charlotte Rampling (in the sense that I was going to see a film with her in it) so mine was a rushed and partial summary. I assume that two of the three we missed out in the last week of the summer window were Koulibaly and Dwight Gayle. The identity of the third might or might not be interesting. But it supports the point that whatever went wrong with what was generally a good summer window was not for the want of cash backing for the manager.The emphasis on updating Colney is not new, but the number of things McNally mentioned to be started on there this summer (presumably even if we get relegated) sounded impressive. But a costing would have been illuminating.As for McNally admitting the lack of capacity at Carrow Road meant there was a problem with casual prices for 18-21s, whenever I said just this - going back several seasons - dear old City1st would - in that measured, almost apologetic way of his - say I was talking nonsense. There was no danger of losing a generation. Odd that McNally suffers from my nonsensical delusion.

To the LYB boys, well done for an excellent interview. One serious question is, and don''t take this the wrong way guys, how come a small blogging site, with a very limited readership is able to get not 20 mins but over 50 mins in the company of our CEO when, our local media company with its extensive readership, makes do with filling out a weeks worth of ''exclusives'' garnered from two interviews with the manager per week?

Is Archant not allowed to question anyone other than in press conferences, are they banned from the training ground other than said press conferences or is it just lazy journalism??

SPD, you may find this post offensive to your establishment, if so, please just delete the post but don''t delete what is a good thread and the more people that listen to DM the better. Hell, he changed my opinion of him somewhat. Actually you might wish to answer which would be interesting.

OTBC

93Vintage: Silly question, but do you still not get audio when you''ve pressed the play button? Had a few people not notice the button before?If you have no luck there then try this link. Let me know if you still don''t have any luck.

[quote user="Daniel Brigham"]93Vintage: Silly question, but do you still not get audio when you''ve pressed the play button? Had a few people not notice the button before?If you have no luck there then try this link. Let me know if you still don''t have any luck.[/quote]I was pressing play but it wasn''t playing. I managed to find a direct link to the embedded mp3 file, so all is fine now thanks.

Nice copy paste job by the PinkUn... I hope they got permission to copy your hard work?

It relies on people to make the effort 93V. It doesn''t just happen. Kudos to both the podcaster and McNally for making this happen...

[quote user="Ron Manager"] One serious question is, and don''t take this the wrong way guys, how come a small blogging site, with a very limited readership is able to get not 20 mins but over 50 mins in the company of our CEO OTBC[/quote]
I can answer that Ron, they probably emailed David McNally and asked him if they could do an interview with him and he said yes.
Same as when I emailed him back at the beginning of the year and asked what he thought to the idea of setting up a fans social club and he replied and set up a meeting at the club for me to talk through my idea and how it would work.
Despite what some people might like to think our CEO makes himself very accessible to us fans and will help them in anyway he can.

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Daniel Brigham"]93Vintage: Silly question, but do you still not get audio when you''ve pressed the play button? Had a few people not notice the button before?If you have no luck there then try this link. Let me know if you still don''t have any luck.[/quote]I was pressing play but it wasn''t playing. I managed to find a direct link to the embedded mp3 file, so all is fine now thanks.[/quote]I seem to be having the same problem - I press play and all I get is a revolving yellow circle. How did you get the link to the MP3 file?

My link didn''t work until I disabled ad-block.....  Great interview and everything any supporter should feel good about, showing honesty, integrity and  committment and a great regard for the DS/MWJ.  We should all be proud to have such people as DM/DS/MJW at the helm of the club.  Long may it continue.

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Daniel Brigham"]93Vintage: Silly question, but do you still not get audio when you''ve pressed the play button? Had a few people not notice the button before?If you have no luck there then try this link. Let me know if you still don''t have any luck.[/quote]I was pressing play but it wasn''t playing. I managed to find a direct link to the embedded mp3 file, so all is fine now thanks.[/quote]I seem to be having the same problem - I press play and all I get is a revolving yellow circle. How did you get the link to the MP3 file?[/quote]You need [url=http://embed.acast.com/littleyellowbird/thedavidmcnallyinterview]this[/url] url, and then google a service similar to file2h.

Sorry to hear a couple of you can''t play it. It may be because you had ad-block set up (although that shouldn''t really apply to audio). Which browsers are you using?

On Firefox. I could only play once AdBlock was disabled.I think it''s because Adblock now blocks audio adds as well. Because Acast plays an ad before the podcast, Adblock is too smart for it''s own good, and blocks the content.I might be wrong on those details, however I can confirm that Firefox + Adblock = no play on the podcast.