Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Saturday fears

Oh dear I''m dreading Saturday. Just the sort of Club we really cannot handle!

Fast direct striker who ''works the channels''.

Fast attacking full backs - I rated Albrighton highly when he was at Villa. Can''t believe they let him go on a free and that Leicester were the only Club intelligent enough to accept a gift! Compare him with our £2m investment!

A Club desperate to get back on track after the Arsenal reverse.

Tough defence that gives nothing away.

Hold on to your seats folks this could be messy!

PS I''m glad that McNally has finally broken his silence although the last time he delivered this type of message it went something like "..........we will not be relegated that would be the worst thing I could possibly imagine!"

We all know what the outcome was then!!!!

Upsets happen in football, in fact the whole Leicester story represents an upset in any case.

They are due a banana skin result.

Of course they will be massive favourites, but we have to cling on to a modicum of hope.

You never know.

A point would be very welcome.

Got my ticket.

Leicester are top of the Prem on merit so far this season.  I haven''t checked the numbers but given they started an amazing run to secure survival about 10 games from the end of last season, if you look at their last 38 games I''m pretty sure that would equate to a number of points that would normally win the title ?

But the point about being in the Prem is you''re playing the top teams in England.  So it stands to reason there will be some tough away trips, and people should remember it''s not just under Hughton that we''ve conceded a lot of goals away from home, we also shipped 5 at Man City under Lambert.

Yep; I''m nervous about Saturday too. But, I''m a glass-half-full kinda guy and am always hopeful of an upset. It might prove to be the start of a ten-game unbeaten run. Probably not; but it might be...

It''s still only eleven v eleven and we have proved already this season that we are capable of getting unexpected results (both for and against); if we set up ''right'' I''m sure we can get something out of the game but it would be as unexpected (and welcome) as the Man U win.

It''s historically been a happy hunting ground, one of our best away records.a sneaky 3 points[Y]

I don''t think Leicester will win the league. Therefore they have to lose some games.

If we were in their position , this is exactly the sort of game we would lose. Teams at the bottom that everyone thinks you are going to roll over.

So I''m going for an away win . I''ll say 2.1 . Bam Bam to score.

Our underperformance earlier in the season has led to an (almost) irrecoverable situation. Our survival is dependent on greater implosions at both Bournemouth and Swansea since the northeastern teams will pull clear: Sunderland has the manager and Newcastle the players to see them over the line. So, a couple of 3+-0 defeats in the next two before we head to the must win Swansea game.

You have to remember Leicester will be under huge pressure. See how they respond to a defeat in their last game which seems a life time ago. All eyes of the media being on Leicester and their fairytale season. There fans probably expecting the 3 points which we know from games last season (Wigan at home) can be a dangerous expectation. Keep it tight for first half hour, let the fan''s worry.

Keep the faith, they won''t win every game between now and the end of the season, they will lose a game or 2 so let''s hope it''s us.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Our underperformance earlier in the season has led to an (almost) irrecoverable situation. Our survival is dependent on greater implosions at both Bournemouth and Swansea since the northeastern teams will pull clear: Sunderland has the manager and Newcastle the players to see them over the line. So, a couple of 3+-0 defeats in the next two before we head to the must win Swansea game.[/quote]http://mentalfloss.com/sites/default/legacy/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/Miserablist.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/--Joydmb7tlg/T70Woem87yI/AAAAAAAAB1I/ukDbR5PalnY/s400/MissMiserable.jpg

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Our underperformance earlier in the season has led to an (almost) irrecoverable situation. Our survival is dependent on greater implosions at both Bournemouth and Swansea since the northeastern teams will pull clear: Sunderland has the manager and Newcastle the players to see them over the line. So, a couple of 3+-0 defeats in the next two before we head to the must win Swansea game.[/quote]http://mentalfloss.com/sites/default/legacy/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/Miserablist.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/--Joydmb7tlg/T70Woem87yI/AAAAAAAAB1I/ukDbR5PalnY/s400/MissMiserable.jpg[/quote]This sounds right up my street.Where can I subscribe ? [:D]

5 defending deep, 5 across the middle kicking the shoot out of anything that moves and make it the most dour game in Premiership history, then sneak a 1-0 win.It''s doable. AN''s had 2 weeks to prepare for this, I expect a close game.

Leicester will buckle, Naismith will get Huth sent off and Vardy will knock himself out on the post. We will take at least a point from the game.

Last time I went to Leicester v Norwich we threw away a two goal lead and they took our ex-manager. That was a bad day. I remember Ullathorne being exceptionally awful that day.

If I remember correctly Leicester was the first time I thought AN had been out thought by his opposite number.

Leicester have a way they play and we haven''t really. But it''s a funny ol'' game.

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"] Vardy will knock himself out on the post.[/quote]Too much information Bor. [:$]

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 24/02/2016 8:53 PM:

"My fears for saturday are they run out of pies again, last time went their they only had sausage rolls and they were all burnt on the base, really spoiled the whole day ! "

Last time I went we were pelted with pies, pie crusts in fact, reminded me of Earney!

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]My fears for saturday are they run out of pies again, last time went their they only had sausage rolls and they were all burnt on the base, really spoiled the whole day ![/quote]Ah, but were they hot burnt sausage rolls?[;)]

I am the opposite I have a warm feeling we will get something from the game.

Haven''t been to the crisp bowl for a few seasons so looking forward to it

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]5 defending deep, 5 across the middle kicking the shoot out of anything that moves and make it the most dour game in Premiership history, then sneak a 1-0 win.

It''s doable. AN''s had 2 weeks to prepare for this, I expect a close game.
[/quote]

Works for me.

It''s doable. AN''s had 2 weeks to prepare for this, I expect a close game.

that''s what worries me 2 weeks to gel the team prepare set up a system drill the tactics into the players then we get the same performance / form that we had the last few weeks before the break then what ?

McNally interview worried me a little all this AN backing we are in terrible form dropping like a stone losing against villa etc

yes we are above the drop zone and that is the most important thing but the way he was talking we have the next guardiola on our hands !

another team poaching AN who the hell is going to do that !

No fears for Saturday. What on earth is to fear?  The worst that could happen is we are badly beaten..........and that would be no surprise give Leicster''s postion and form.  However, beng badly beaten is a worse case scenario. The likelihood though is that they will be feeling some pressure to beat us because of our form/position and the longer we can frustrate them, the more we are likely to be able to get something from the game.  Every possibilty of a result for us, draw or win.  Losing though would not be a disgrace, as long as we put up a good showing.