Team v Leicester?

mine would be:

-----------------Ruddy-----------------

------Bennett--Martin--Klose--------

Pinto----------------------------Brady

------------O''Neil--Tettey----------

------Howson-----------Naismith---

----------------Mbokani------------

This is the only game except against Man city where playing 3 (or 5 whichever way you look at it) is preferable. Think we''ll only really have a chance if we play this way, though not sure about the midfield.

What line-up would you like to see?

As much as I think we need to have a settled side I can see that case for a back 3/5.

I''d want to minimise disruption to defensive pairings though so I think I''d go:

-----------------Ruddy-----------------

------Martin--Klose--Bassong--------

Pinto----------------------------Brady

------------Howson--Tettey----------

------Hoolahan-----------Naismith---

----------------Mbokani------------

Howson in CM rather than CDM role, Wessi and Naismith free to roam around behind the striker generally being a nuisance.

Subs: Rudd, Bennett, Olsson, O''Neil, Jarvis, Jerome, Redmond, Bamford.

Not too sure about leaving Jerome out, but I think Mbokani holds the ball up a little better.

Think Pinto was a smidge hard done by to be dropped after Liverpool and Spuds. He really was thrown in at the deep end and I would have liked to have seen him keep his spot for the Villa match.

As an opposition manager though, as soon as I saw that starting line-up I would put all my attacking emphasis down the right knowing that it would cause problems

We''ll play a very deep-sitting side I''d imagine;

Ruddy

Martin Klose Bassong Olsson

Howson Tettey O''Neil Brady

Naismith

Mbokani

Possibly Redmond starting and a shuffle in the midfield but I can''t see it being anything more attacking tbh

Would love to see Pinto and Brady as  Wing backs but Alex is just not flexible or adaptable, as shown all season long, no way will he try anything new or different in the final run in. But anyway, id  be happy with  a line up  similar to miggsy and L14 have posted.

Ruddy

Pinto Klose Bassong Brady

Howson Tettey

Redmond Naismith Bamford

Jerome

I''m guessing AN will be looking to keep it tight for the first 60 mins and try everything not to concede, thereby frustrating the opposition and their fans. Tall order but what about:

Ruddy

Martin Klose Bassong Brady

Redmond Tettey Howson Jarvis

Naismith

Jerome

Wes, O''Neil and Bamford to mix things up in the second half, Redmond & Jarvis to provide width which could be the route to relieve the defence and cause problems. If Brady roams, Martin & Tettey to hold, Brady to hold back when Martin does likewise. Howson the workhorse up & down with him and Naismith in support of Jerome. No concessions from corners/free kicks and full concentration to ensure no unforced errors. If scoreless (or better!) after 65/70 mins, we have options to change and consolidate. Would be great for confidence not to lose this game going into a home game against an improving but vulnerable Chelsea side. Glass is half-full today!

[quote user="Essjayess"]Would love to see Pinto and Brady as  Wing backs but Alex is just not flexible or adaptable, as shown all season long, no way will he try anything new or different in the final run in. But anyway, id  be happy with  a line up  similar to miggsy and L14 have posted.[/quote]Did he not switch to wingbacks for the Man City away game and nearly get us a point? I''d be happy with the wingbacks formation suggested by L14 too, although a narrower 4-5-1 variant might also work (something like Tettey and O''Neil holding, Howson right and Brady left, Naismith behind Mbokani).

My concern for the Leicester match, aside from the obvious damn good thrashing, is that AN may now be unwilling to change the team shape/instructions. With talk of secret meetings and ''back-to-basics'' I get the feeling that we''ll be seeing essentially the same as v Wet Spam until the end of the season.

I''ve always thought that it is a good idea to have two systems that the team is well drilled in, and a third that they at least know about.

If we play AN''s preferred attacking style against Leicester, we will suffer - as we did earlier in the season. Ideally, IMO, we want to sick back and invite them on to us. Not so much soak up pressure - rather keep them at arms length and look to counter (i.e. play how Leicester play).

Your concern is the opposite for me, I think we''ve been making too many changes tactically each week leaving us unsettled and trying to beat the team infront of us rather than just playing our best football. Pretty much no side this season has been able to contain Leicester attack so what makes people think a Norwich team with one of the worst defensive rates in the league able to do so? Take the game to them!

Would like to see 3 at the back for this one. We need to be creative and deal with Vardy/Okazaki.

--------------------------Ruddy----------------------------

---------------Martin-----Klose-----Bassong-------------

Brady-----------------------------------------------Pinto--

--------------------Howson------Tettey-------------------

---------------------------Naismith------------------------

---------------------Jerome-------Bamford----------------

--------------------------Ruddy------------------------------

---------------Martin-----Klose-----Bassong----------------

Brady-------------------------------------------------Olsson

------------Howson------Tettey------O''Neil-----------------

--------------------------Naismith----------------------------

----------------------Bamford/Jerome------------------------So basically the same lineup as at Man City (a), with Klose for Bennett, O''Neil for Mulumbu and Naismith for Jarvis.

Looking at how Arsenal played against Leicester, getting down the flanks seemed to be a good tactic to try and draw their players away from the centre, particularly in the final third. So I''d go with our most attacking wingers and fullbacks.Given our defensive frailty I''d play Klose as a sweeper to enable us to hold a higher line against a team which likes to sit back. Leicester like to hit it long to their forwards, so he''d provide another line of defence, as well as functioning as an outlet when playing it backwards.Mbokani is up front acting as a target man for crosses and someone to rough up their defenders.

Ruddy                      KlosePinto   Bennett   Bassong  OlssonRedmond  O''Neill  Tettey    Brady                    Mbokani

Bl00dy formating. See if this works......

-----------------Ruddy-------------------------------------Klose--------------------Pinto---Bennett--Bassong--OlssonRmnd----O''Neill----Tettey----Brady----------------Mbokani -----------------

Got to have Howson in midfield. Need to try to match the legs of Kante and Drinkwater.

Plus, Howson, as shown against West Ham, gives us thrust going forward.

For me:

-----------Ruddy

Martin klose bassong brady

----------o''neil

-----tettey. Howson

Redmond. Naismith

---------Mbokani

---------------------------Ruddy-----------------------------

-----------Wisdom------Klose -----Bassong----------

----Martin--------------------------------------------Brady----

-------------------------Tettey----------------------------

--------Redmond------Howson---------Naismith----

------------------------Jerome----------------------

Subs from Wes, O''Neil, Mbokani, Bamford. Also Rudd, Pinto & Jarvis on bench (Bennett seems to be persona non grata).

Tettey to work his proverbials off. O''Neil to replace him at 60 mins., also Jerome & AN Other to be subbed thereabouts.

[quote user="93vintage"]Bl00dy formating. See if this works......

-----------------Ruddy-------------------------------------Klose--------------------Pinto---Bennett--Bassong--OlssonRmnd----O''Neill----Tettey----Brady----------------Mbokani -----------------[/quote]

That''s good.

Back 5 is the wrong way to go for me.
Shackles off Redmond, so let''s see about that.
I would play a back 4 & 2 DMs, O''Neil to use his long passing to pick out either Brady or Redmond to get the counter-attacking party started.
                  Ruddy
Martin   Klose  Bassong  Olsson
              Tettey    O''Neil
Redmond     Naismith      Brady
                    Jerome              

That, to me Bor, is the best lineup we could go with at the moment. Somehow I doubt that will be the lineup for the Leicester game though.

Yes, I am getting used to the sharp intake of breath at 2:01pm as a feature of AN''s reign.

For all I know it could be

Rudd

Wisdom Martin Bassong Brady

Jarvis Dorrans VOO Bamford

Edge Bono

Imo we will do better with the pacier players in the team, from front to back -              RuddyPinto Klose Bassong Brady   Howson Tettey O''Neil     Redmond Naismith             Bamford

Very few picking Wes Hoolahan to start this game, myself included. Yet we struggle to keep possession and cause problems in dangerous areas without him. Very difficult to squeeze him, Redmond and Naismith into the same team and for me Howson has to start. Away to the league leaders certainly isn''t the time to start all 4. Looks like Wisdom & Bennett are only around to provide cover.

I wonder will AN start Tettey & O''Neil in the middle, Redmond for width and Howson left-midfield in front of Brady with Naismith supporting Jerome.

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]Yes, I am getting used to the sharp intake of breath at 2:01pm as a feature of AN''s reign.

For all I know it could be

Rudd

Wisdom Martin Bassong Brady

Jarvis Dorrans VOO Bamford

Edge Bono[/quote]Why have so many people got Martin in their side we will need pace against a counter attacking Leicester side, think we need another Swansea like performance I have a hunch we might get something from this game.

I wasn''t too far out, got the right defence at least. Still makes no difference unfortunately though; still can''t score of defend for toffee. Think AN was right to play this system though as we did play well/better than Leicester.

Disappointed once again though.