Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

No more sentimentality. Future of NCFC more important than Alex Neil's career

Fans and board alike need to come to this realisation. I like Alex Neil but for the good of the club he needs to go before the potentially humiliating away game at Leicester. Will the board get it right this time? Their catalogue of cock ups over the years suggests not, but they are our only hope now.

We should keep the manager. The future of NCFC is not dependent on being in the Premier League next year. This whole "new TV contract" is a canard, there is no competitive advantage to be gained, just another round of wage and transfer fee inflation.

Lets concentrate on building a robust team that also plays good football and we will be back in the PL soon enough if (when) we go down this year.

why do people think he will be fine ? we have just been two nill up in another must win game and drew

the form of 6 losses one draw in 7 games

we are not a training college for inexperienced football managers we are a business that needs extra tv money

Yep the future depends on us staying in the premier league, without that we won''t have the chance of ploughing the extra money into the same level of players pockets. If we go down it''s not the end of the world, running the club properly with one eye on financing the never ending threat of relegation is the only way to make sure the future is secure. I guarantee if we stay up this season the threat of relegation will still be there and likely always will for a club our size.

[quote user="Cumbria Canary"]And what good does sacking the manager do FFS. It was the players who let the 2-0 advantage go not the manager. Is it half term ?[/quote]''Fraid so, it''s that time again.

This Neil will get us back up when we go down is the biggest load of horse shit going . If you can manage you can do it in any league , we should have hung on to Lambert for dear life it will be a long time before we get another as good as him .

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I hope (and expect) to see Neil kept on as manager even if we get relegated.[/quote]I certainly hope so. If the board fired him, it''s debatable who we could employ that would be any better. For me, whilst McNally is great on the financial side of things, there''s serious questions to answer on the state of our scouting network. If Leicester can pick up the likes of Kante, West Ham Payet, etc why is our international recruitment so bad?

Of course missing out on next years tv money is vital to club like ours if we go down. There will be an even bigger gap between the promoted clubs and the established premier teams when we get back.

Seat D7 When someone disagrees with you it doesn''t make them crazy or deserving of being told to support someone else. This is a pivotal moment in the clubs history and clearly a difficult decision concerning the manager has to be made. Do we stick with him or not.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]This Neil will get us back up when we go down is the biggest load of horse shit going . If you can manage you can do it in any league , we should have hung on to Lambert for dear life it will be a long time before we get another as good as him .[/quote]

lol

Why do we keep on about this man who is our past. Circumstances were right for him here but who knows what would have happened in another year.

Once Culverhouse left his side he managed to begin the destruction of Villa and is fast putting Blackburn into the same situation.

His main failure in both clubs ? managing to get teams full of goals to stop scoring.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]He''ll get 10 games in the champs. Same old I''m afraid. Lack of mental strength coupled with poor substitutions.[/quote]

You go and tell Neil he lacks mental strength, and come back and tell us what he says, if you are able. He is a natural born leader, the problem is the tools he has to work with.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Of course missing out on next years tv money is vital to club like ours if we go down. There will be an even bigger gap between the promoted clubs and the established premier teams when we get back.

Seat D7 When someone disagrees with you it doesn''t make them crazy or deserving of being told to support someone else. This is a pivotal moment in the clubs history and clearly a difficult decision concerning the manager has to be made. Do we stick with him or not.[/quote]

There is no bigger gap than there was last time in terms of standard. The premier league hasnt improved with the money it''s the same old same old just with more cash thrown at it. If anything I think the standard is poorer than it was, not better.

As others have said, I hope even if we are relegated that he keeps his job (unless he loses the dressing room and it goes completely wrong).

He does make mistakes as a young manager, but if we didn''t have him we''d probably go with someone $hit again like we did with Adams. I don''t really trust the board to find a better replacement than the rough gem that is Alex Neil.

I had the right hump with him last week but thought he moved us in the right direction today. If he can get the lads to play like they did today, for a FULL 90 minutes then we should scrape home, just.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Stick. Why twist? He''ll be the best manager in our history.[/quote]

Fair enough if that''s your point of view but that''s all it is, your opinion. It''s not mine nor am I alone in thinking that.

We twist if we stand a better chance of staying up

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]Of course missing out on next years tv money is vital to club like ours if we go down. There will be an even bigger gap between the promoted clubs and the established premier teams when we get back.

Seat D7 When someone disagrees with you it doesn''t make them crazy or deserving of being told to support someone else. This is a pivotal moment in the clubs history and clearly a difficult decision concerning the manager has to be made. Do we stick with him or not.[/quote]

There is no bigger gap than there was last time in terms of standard. The premier league hasnt improved with the money it''s the same old same old just with more cash thrown at it. If anything I think the standard is poorer than it was, not better.[/quote]

I meant the financial gap. It''s already hard enough to attract top players to newly promoted teams or ones near the bottom without everyone else having a year or two of a hundred million pound head start. That''s why we need to do everything we can to stay up this year.

Hairy, I think your overstating the affects of that money on actual on the pitch performance. I am absolutely certain that there will be no greater gap between the promoted teams and the bottom half of the prem next year as there has been to this. The real threat will be clubs who lock themselves into big contracts with poor to average payers they have absolutely no chance of selling on then find themselves relegated.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]As others have said, I hope even if we are relegated that he keeps his job (unless he loses the dressing room and it goes completely wrong).

He does make mistakes as a young manager, but if we didn''t have him we''d probably go with someone $hit again like we did with Adams. I don''t really trust the board to find a better replacement than the rough gem that is Alex Neil.[/quote][Y]

"Thats why we need to do everything we can to stay up this year"  says Hairy. The absolute reality is, the Board have cast their die and locked themselves into doing everything they can to get City relegated. Thats so because they will not sack Alex come what may, and Alex can not, or will not, change the way hes set out the team all season. Same set up, same players out of position, same  under performing players getting picked. There are always some who hope  until the end, hope until its mathematically impossible to stay up, but  as each week passes those will become fewer in number.The Board are gambling on Alex, but then every new manager is a gamble. Its not sentiment that they keep him on, its just that this time theyre running with the guy, even if its the Champs next season. But no one knows how the summer will pan out, never mind  the next season. If relegated, and i see no other outcome, Alex may need one of his greatest assets in the close season...his charm. He will need to utilise that to the full, to keep as many of our better guys here as possible. No worries about the Martins and Bassongs though, of course >.>