Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Stop messing and get Gayle.

I''d be happy with Gayle, from what I have seen and read he would be an improvement on Grabban, as style of striker we no longer have in the squad.

As predicted Swansea make a swoop. Likely will get him to so, as with Afobe, if we ever did want him, its to late. At least it will end all the Gayle topics and was he / wasnt he good enough.

[quote user="Essjayess"]My neighbour, whos a Liverpool fan, says Gayle is a dang pita, because of the excellent goals he scored against Pool.[/quote]
Is that a Scouse term?

[quote user="Essjayess"]As predicted Swansea make a swoop. Likely will get him to so, as with Afobe, if we ever did want him, its to late. At least it will end all the Gayle topics and was he / wasnt he good enough.[/quote]

But then we can start a thread on Afobe/Gayle and look how many goals they''re scoring, and why didn''t we go back for them

Indeed, Afobe already looks a good signing for Muff, and while Gayle is not everyones cup of tea, statiscally is one of the top 5 strikers in the Prem if you calculate goals scored  / minutes played.Would be fun talking about two goal machines, especially if we get Bamford and he nets 1 in last 14 games.

Yep injured himself in training on friday. Maybe thats why Swansea decided not to go ahead  to get him. I like Gayle and always thought he would do well here...but he is so injury prone its worse than Charlie Austins woes, so maybe good thing our interest ended last summer.

Was looking at us and lower league team before staying put.

A player who wants regular team football even if it''s dropping down a devision.

Well he considered bristol city...

What are his options? Off the bench for a lower prem side or main man in the championship. We can still afford to pay him a decent wage so won''t be much difference there compared to burnley/watford/swansea or whoever and he gets the chance finally to be the main man. Something he hasnt had since Peterborough.

I think palace will be after better in summer (linked with michy from marseille) meaning gayle is further down the order. I think he''s now an ideal fit.

(on Gayle) Hopefully we''ll put a sneaky bid in for him, would be a great signing in this league. Has never scored that many goals in a season but was very young when he was last in the championship. Even if it''s a loan it would be a good deal).

[quote user="unique"]If ''Gayle'' is the answer.....what is the question?[/quote]

Who can we realistically get that will bang the goals in in the championship.

[quote user="mrs miggins"](on Gayle) Hopefully we''ll put a sneaky bid in for him, would be a great signing in this league. Has never scored that many goals in a season but was very young when he was last in the championship. Even if it''s a loan it would be a good deal).[/quote]Surely we need our own men for the Championship battle not another loan striker ? We only have 3 on the books and two of them are Lafferty and RVW ! [:(]

A loan striker, if he is of better quality than what we can likely sign e.g Gayle is worth it.

Look at the influences in the championship of Bamford at Boro or Lansbury and Pacheco when they were here.

Never understood why Gayle was favoured when we already had Hooper. Now we need someone to pop the ball in Championship nets, I guess Gayle fits the bill. Ross McCormack seems way over-priced, so Ga897+7yle could represent better value?

Would be the prefect time to pick him up if we actually want him.Gayle plus Mutch for Redmond....wouldnt grumble with that.However, where are we planning on playing Gayle?If we continue with the lone top man then Gayle doesn´t fit the bill.  Someone in the Holty mould is what we will be needing if that is the plan.Could do a lot worse than Glen Murray.