Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

James Maddison

GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2016 4:38 PM:

examples of which would include?........

there used to be a poster (CITY) on here a while back (1st) ,can''t remember his name now....who would always trot out the same line that people were "attacking the club" whenever anybody were perceived to be question anything to do with NCFC in his view......until his own paranoia swallowed him up and dissappeared from this board.

😂

Difference was, Jacob had barely played for us and we were a prem team so it looked like a long wait. He was in the Ayala category... too good to be sat around our youth team and constantly being farmed out. the "advantage" of our relegation for jacob was redmond leaving and him getting a go at championship level.

Coventry was probably a bit of a step down for what Jacob could have got back then tho but if we''d stayed up that season, it wouldn''t have surprised me to see us farm him off to a champs side like we did with Ayala.

As for maddison, all I said then still stands, he''s had a bit of a wait to get a chance but now especially with pritchard being out is his big chance, have massive hopes for Maddison for us, think he will be the new Wes still.

Do you think we''ll manage to keep him for ten years like Wes, Tettey?

depends where we are and where he is. Loyalty works both ways. With wes, he could have sacked us off when we were in league 1 and in all likelihood if we were still in the prem we''d have probably sold him. if us and maddison progress at the same rate then there''s no reason he won''t stay, sadly I think he probably will eventually outgrow us but hopefully when he does we make some serious money!

Interesting reading back through the thread, vaguely remember reading it before. Also a reminder that this forum is more enjoyable without Morty.

If he can avoid injury and get a good run, this could be Maddison''s breakthrough season. Pritchard''s unfortunate absence opens the door. If Reed and Vrancic are starters in the midfield 3, that leaves Maddison battling Watkins, Naismith (post-suspension), Wes & Murphy for the third slot and/or the "number 10" role before Pritchard''s return. That area of the pitch looks strong, as does Oliveira & Jerome.

Regarding the comment from a fan at the game yesterday that he hopes he doesn''t perform this season, surely if "bigger" clubs are sniffing around for him in January or next summer, it can only mean he''s been delivering the goods and benefitting the team. Either he stays & helps drive the club forward or he gets sold for a handsome fee like many before him. I have great hopes for Maddison.

I''d still like to see the acquisition of another sturdy & reliable centre-back, particularly if 3 centre-backs is going to be commonly utilised. It remains to be seen if Husband plugs the gap at left-back/wing-back but it is surely a downgrade from the Olsson & Brady options.

With Tettey & Godfrey providing backup around the defensive midfield area, we''re not that far off a squad that should be well capable of pushing for the top six. As has been the case for a number of years, question marks remain around the defence. Will we be too predictable? We don''t have too long to wait!

Good article on the PU front page with Farke commenting on how Maddison has impressed him so far; fingers crossed that he shows us that quality this season.

Interesting to read that the one concern is his lack of fitness this is the second comment I have heard on this in 3 days, with the comment that he currently looks a little lightweight. Its is all a little reminiscent of the comments made about RvW who was reportedly put on a high protein diet to beef him up.

This is a tough league and if he can strengthen and add stamina he can make that spot his own

[quote user="ZLF"]Good article on the PU front page with Farke commenting on how Maddison has impressed him so far; fingers crossed that he shows us that quality this season.

Interesting to read that the one concern is his lack of fitness this is the second comment I have heard on this in 3 days, with the comment that he currently looks a little lightweight. Its is all a little reminiscent of the comments made about RvW who was reportedly put on a high protein diet to beef him up.

This is a tough league and if he can strengthen and add stamina he can make that spot his own[/quote]

They''d have been better off teaching RVW to shoot.

No problems so far for Maddison on that front at least [:-D]