Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

James Maddison

He was valued at £7m last Jan when Spurs tried to buy him

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/rumour-mill-coventry-city-want-10817739

Can someone sort link for me please

The Coventry fans are absolutely raging that they''ve lost him to us, judging by the reaction on Twitter [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing002.gif[/img]I think they were expecting him to end up at one of the real top-end clubs, with figures such as 7 million suggested. Ian Dennis at the BBC reckons it''s only about 2 million though (with further add-ons I assume), which looks a real steal.Hopefully he can join us in the summer once he''s had a full season with Cov and get in and around that first team squad, IF he''s as talented as reports suggest. I''ve never seen him play, which I expect is the case for most Norwich fans, but he sounds an exciting prospect.

What better mentor than Joe Cole for the rest of the season as well:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/the-best-place-james-maddison-10723302#ICID=sharebar_twitter

quite a leap of faith from this young man, given that we could conceivably be in the same division as Coventry in 3 months time ....and he could''ve possibly had his pick of a few more clubs to join??

finally got our own back on them for Bellamy after all these years!.....

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]quite a leap of faith from this young man, given that we could conceivably be in the same division as Coventry in 3 months time ....and he could''ve possibly had his pick of a few more clubs to join??

finally got our own back on them for Bellamy after all these years!.....[/quote]Well done for managing to find a negative spin[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]quite a leap of faith from this young man, given that we could conceivably be in the same division as Coventry in 3 months time ....and he could''ve possibly had his pick of a few more clubs to join??

finally got our own back on them for Bellamy after all these years!.....[/quote]Well done for managing to find a negative spin[Y][/quote]

bury your head in the sand all you like but i''m sure you''ll concede its a definite possibility?....

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]quite a leap of faith from this young man, given that we could conceivably be in the same division as Coventry in 3 months time ....and he could''ve possibly had his pick of a few more clubs to join??

finally got our own back on them for Bellamy after all these years!.....[/quote]Well done for managing to find a negative spin[Y][/quote]

bury your head in the sand all you like but i''m sure you''ll concede its a definite possibility?....[/quote]Take your misery and shove it.I really can''t understand anyone who can''t just be happy about the fantastic job our board has done this window, whatever the outcome of the season.

Real good player. This is a very good acquisition, would do well in the Champ. if that''s where we end up.

Bloody hell, no wonder this place was once described, by a journalist, as being "populated by serial miserabilists"[:D]

now this is more like a ''one for the future'' kid. League 1 and playing regular football at that level.

Puts the 20 year old dartford kid as an almost completely pointless signing

It seems that it is yourself that has chosen to read this in a negative way, which possibly says much about your own misery?

If anything this is a positive spin. That we have ,despite an uncertain position in the league managed to persuade a highly rated youngster to join us despite apparantly having the likes of Liverpool and Spurs monitoring him..

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]It seems that it is yourself that has chosen to read this in a negative way, which possibly says much about your own misery?

If anything this is a positive spin. That we have ,despite an uncertain position in the league managed to persuade a highly rated youngster to join us despite apparantly having the likes of Liverpool and Spurs monitoring him..[/quote]Where have I been miserable?This is a fantastic signing, capping a brilliant transfer window, trust me fella, no misery here.

[quote user="alartz"]now this is more like a ''one for the future'' kid. League 1 and playing regular football at that level.

Puts the 20 year old dartford kid as an almost completely pointless signing[/quote]

Harsh on him. He likely cost bugger all and has shown attributes that could see him progress to a decent level.

I do agree though, that this Maddison fella seems a cut above the usual "ones for the future" we''ve signed. The deals for Louis Thompson and Conor McGrandles look like charity acts to Swindon and Falkirk at the moment. I guess we signed them with the championship partly in mind.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]where have you been miserable???...............by attempting to turn a positive post into a negative one??...[/quote]Describing him signing as a "leap of faith" on his part shows a pretty low opinion of Norwich City, and our chances of retaining Premiership status.[:D]

i hate to break this to you.....but anyone in our position in the league at this stage of the season is a genuine relegation candidate,aswell as Coventry -his local team,having a decent chance of promotion ...this along with the fact that I''m assuming that this young lad from Coventry wouldnt know too much about our club shows that it is a plaudit that we could persuade him to join us, if it is indeed true that other ,bigger clubs have been sniffing around him.

If you''ve interpreted that as a "negative spin", that''s your look out.

you know these games we all watch every week......you are aware all these results count toward a thing called a "league table"?

it wouldnt matter who would be currently positioned in 17th place , 2 points above the relegation zone , in any league in the world.....the same would be said.

Yeah you''re right, we''re doomed.Clearly signing players preparing for the Championship[Y]

[quote user="morty"]Yeah you''re right, we''re doomed.Clearly signing players preparing for the Championship[Y][/quote]

Reading comprehension shouldn''t be this hard.

I doubt young Maddison had his entire brain worrying over pondering on where either City or Coventry are in their respective leagues...perhaps we could suspect that his wages doubling or trebling or even quadrupling may have played a part in him signing to?..anyway, the perfect end to a window completely opposite that of the summer window, when so many of us were gobsmacked that Bradley left for Derby City right at the  end of that window. This time City pulled a rabbit out of the hat, so well done City.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="morty"]Yeah you''re right, we''re doomed.Clearly signing players preparing for the Championship[Y][/quote]

Reading comprehension shouldn''t be this hard.[/quote]Is that what your teacher tells you?[:(]

Delighted with this signing.I know a bit about Coventry City and Maddison having lived there recently. Well done Norwich, a fantastic window!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="morty"]Yeah you''re right, we''re doomed.Clearly signing players preparing for the Championship[Y][/quote]

Reading comprehension shouldn''t be this hard.[/quote]Is that what your teacher tells you?[:(][/quote]

there there champ, it will be ok :tussleshair:

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]i hate to break this to you.....but anyone in our position in the league at this stage of the season is a genuine relegation candidate,aswell as Coventry -his local team,having a decent chance of promotion ...this along with the fact that I''m assuming that this young lad from Coventry wouldnt know too much about our club shows that it is a plaudit that we could persuade him to join us, if it is indeed true that other ,bigger clubs have been sniffing around him.

If you''ve interpreted that as a "negative spin", that''s your look out.[/quote]
Mid-Norfolk, I hope you don''t mind me interjecting a comment but....Morty has a point and it''s not just directed at you, there are others that somehow take what they think is a positive comment but flavour it strongly with a negative bias. Even in your own words, you cite the position Norwich are in and couple it with Coventry having a decent chance of promotion and we could be playing each other next season. Of course, what you stated is possible but now, let''s try and take the same two clubs and position the comment a little differently.....
Any young ambitious player weighing the merits of Norwich City and Coventry City would see that the two clubs are miles apart in their achievements over the past many seasons. Coventry City can only lick their lips in envy to be in the position that Norwich City is and the calibre of players they sign and teams Norwich City compete against. Coventry fans, on the other hand, had to try and content themselves with finishing in the lower half of the third level for the past three seasons. After a promising start this season they are now winless in five games, losing three in a row ( two of them at home ) and losing ground to the front runners. If a young man has a chance to improve his future it would not be a difficult choice to make for the preferred direction between these two clubs. An added bonus would be that he would have a chance to play in front of a virtually sold out stadium at Carrow Road every time out versus a club that is barely averaging crowds much better than 10,000 for home games during the past number of seasons. 
There, now that wasn''t difficult, was it? You too are capable of looking at things in a similar manner.

And the usual story regarding the bigger clubs who were also reportedly interested.

He would become a Bamford, permanently out on loan. Whereas at NCFC he has the better chance of a breakthrough with the bigger move coming later, if appropriate.

I have warmed to Bamford, believe he''ll do well for us, hope he likes it here and hope that all being well we can secure him permanently for next season, whatever league we inhabit.

A lot of ''ifs'' here though. Mainly surrounding Chelsea''s long term plans for the lad.

Delighted to see what looks like a coherent long term strategy in our transfer dealings for the first time in ages. even if the worst happens and we do go down you''d have to think at least one or two of these youngsters will be ready to step in and replace the likes of Redmond next year in the championship.

Looking at the videos his style is really, really reminiscent of Wes so perhaps he is the Wes replacement that so many have craved for a couple of years now. What''s more exciting is we will hopefully have him playing alongside Wes and Naismith for a period of time.

Godfrey, Adams, Mcgrandles, Thompson, Maddison. If even a couple of them come good then we will be in a very good position.