Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

James Maddison

Pretty exciting bonus deal if this one comes off. Supposedly Coventry wanted £7m off Spurs for him and Liverpool tried for him today. Perhaps not one that''s gonna do much this season, but you never know and he''s not one from the "young and probably will never play for us" file. Perhaps Wes'' long term successor!

Who knows... Would be painful if Jacob left, but this Maddison fella sounds really promising if Spurs and Liverpool were looking at a £7m deal. It''d be a good permanent move for Jacob too in all fairness. Kick on in senior football etc.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-and-liverpool-in-race-to-sign-teenager-james-maddison-from-coventry-city-a6783751.html

The next Dele Alli! If he has half the talend Dele Alli has in his left little toe then i''ll be delighted!

They "Wanted" £7m.

Perhaps it''ll be more like £5m and performance related. Potentially worth the gamble for that sort of money. Seems the scouts at every prem club rave about him.

That''s it for Jacob then. We don''t love you anymore Jake. There''s a new kid on the block. Never seen either of you play though. Was nice knowing you....

yes I understand that but if we paid 5 or 7 mil and scouts are raving about him he should be played not for future as if he is that good should be better than we have in midfield

Just speculating mate. Seen Jacob play plenty of times. He''s that bit older though and needs to kick on with the mens game a bit more than Maddison who has more time to develop that edge. Both are supremely promising talents but if I had to bet on one making the grade from my limited information, i''d probably go with Maddison.

Crazy valuation. He has played 24 first team games in League 1. Yes Dele Alli has been a success, but there are plenty who have failed to make the grade.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]have we got him ? he is meant to be a special talent ![/quote]

Yes, subject to approval.

DONE!

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/deal-james-maddison-coventry-city-norwich-city-league-one-2933391.aspx

Well, this has certainly come out of nowhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PITzSckCTsw

Worth a watch IMO. Looks class at youth level, I love how his first thought when receiving the ball seems to be to go towards goal.

well we''ve got him....but haven''t got him...but he''s our...we just can''t see him because he''s still going to be playing for the club that he does now.

Got him! I haven''t seen him play but Coventry fans rave about him. Excelling in League 1 at 19 is pretty decent, I''m glad we''re looking to the future, I hope it means Neil is planning on staying for a while

if Liverpool spurs arsenal all scouted and had a interest he is pretty good so a wonderful coup and well done all involved getting to sign for us

This is probably the best way we''ll be able to get top quality playing for us for a while. We sign a few promising players a year, develop them and if at least a couple of them fulfill their potential we get top, admittedly young quality helping us stay up for a while and hopefully selling for big fees so we can start filling the squad with proven quality and establishing ourselves.

I''m surprised we beat Spurs and Liverpool to the punch on this one, maybe like Wilson he chose a smaller club where he can see himself starting games much earlier?

If he''s a central attacking midfielder he could see himself struggling to breakthrough to probably the most key position to the top sides? His competition could either come from th likes of Coutiniho/Alli/Firmino/Eriksen/a new £30m+ signing or the ageing Hoolahan or nearly 30 Naismith. If we''ve paid a few million I''d expect him to be getting on the bench next year