Sign in to follow this  
Prince of Darkness

Grant Holt back in Norwich

"The thick fat tyrefitter probably thought it was "London".

Why the need for that?

I will eternally respect that man and what he achieved on behalf of our Club.

That''s like reading TWTD.

Ron Ashman, Dave Stringer, Martin O''Neill, Peter Grant, Bryan Gunn, will Holty join the long list of ex-players to become manager of NCFC?

Nah.

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]His girls have just joined Langley school at loddon.

Is he on his way back?[/quote]
That was news about a week ago Waveney but its his wife and girls who have moved back to Norfolk, he''s in the Midlands playing for Wolves [:)] 

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]I''m sure Ive read many times on this forum that his wife hated it in Norwich. Now I''m big time confused.[/quote]

"We''ll never get to the Premier League with the cook and her cohorts"

"Look at those ambitious binners with Evans'' millions and Roy Keane. We''ll probably never play them again"

"Doherty''s finished now we''ve got a proper centre half in Askou"

"Martin won''t get a look in when Spillane is fit we didn''t need the Colchester reject"

"Grant Holt was ok for League One but we''ll have to get better for the Championship"

"Grant Holt was OK in the Champs but he won''t cut it in the Prem" 

"If Snodgrass hadn''t bullied Ricky over that penalty he''d never have lost confidence and would have proved what a great striker he is"

"If Hughton ever manages in the Prem again I''ll sell my house and give nutty the money for PUPs" (ok, not quite that)

But you can see how I get confused too[;)]

I''m not sure that it is a good idea in this day and age to be discussing on a public forum where his kids go to school especially when he''s away for most of the week. Just because he''s a footballer who happened to play for your team it doesn''t mean you have any ownership iof him. How would you feel if the comings and goings of your wife and kids were discussed on an open forum?

It is a surprise on the face of it, because he is obviously close to his roots on Carlisle, has his own radio programme on radio Cumbria and with close family ties to  the area. It is a mark of how the lifestyle in Norfolk is still of a quality that it can pull people in to want to stay there once they have experienced it.  I should imagine it can work both ways wth people, for some it would seem too quiet in Norfolk, but to others it s an ideal place to bring up a family.  I''ve compared Carlisle with Norwich on here occasionally, as it is my nearest city to go to - and really, Norwich and Norfolk generally has a heck of a lot going for it compared to a lot of places.  The only things up here that are better than Norfolk are the hills and the taste of the water.......

Holt tweeted that his girls went to that school recently and the school replied on their Twitter account so he was the one who made it public. Not the best idea at all though-personally I would prefer to keep it private.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 22/11/2015 9:57 PM:

It is a surprise on the face of it, because he is obviously close to his roots on Carlisle, has his own radio programme on radio Cumbria and with close family ties to the area. It is a mark of how the lifestyle in Norfolk is still of a quality that it can pull people in to want to stay there once they have experienced it. I should imagine it can work both ways wth people, for some it would seem too quiet in Norfolk, but to others it s an ideal place to bring up a family. I''ve compared Carlisle with Norwich on here occasionally, as it is my nearest city to go to - and really, Norwich and Norfolk generally has a heck of a lot going for it compared to a lot of places. The only things up here that are better than Norfolk are the hills and the taste of the water.......

Well then move and stop being a plastic