Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Cock up at Palace

Predictable.

It always happens.

You can''t rely on others, you need to get the points yourself.

I am pretty sure we will pick up unexpected points as well this season as we did in the other 3 seasons we were in the PL. Who would have predicted we would beat Spurs, Man Utd, Man City, draw with Arsenal and Chelsea? Keep the faith!

Forget Palace, we have to do it for ourselves - remember Sunderland''s great escape 2 years ago?!

Anyway Big Sam will never be relegated. Sunderland will get out of it because their Board had the foresight to get a proven premier league manager in.

Don''t worry though we''ll be ok, the Board will tell us so at the AGM tomorrow night - just as they did 2 years ago, almost to the day.

Oh yeah, no panic stations just yet, but it doesn''t stop you looking at games like this and predicting a favourable outcome.

Lol Sunderland have been pants so far under Allardyce.

Were being completely outplayed by Newcastle up until the rather harsh sending off/penalty.

Tonight appears to be a similar story with an extremely fortuitous winner.

My concern is the very likely possibility of these lucky results eventually turning into a serious improvement..

[quote user="ruthers1"]Forget Palace, we have to do it for ourselves - remember Sunderland''s great escape 2 years ago?!

Anyway Big Sam will never be relegated. Sunderland will get out of it because their Board had the foresight to get a proven premier league manager in.

Don''t worry though we''ll be ok, the Board will tell us so at the AGM tomorrow night - just as they did 2 years ago, almost to the day.[/quote]So are you saying Alex Neil should have been shown the door despite gaining us promotion Smudger ? As for your comment about tomorrow night i expect you think the Board should send negative vibes around the corridors of Carrow Road and amongst the fans by saying that we are in the poop and doomed for a traumatic winter hey Smudger ?

"So are you saying Alex Neil should have been shown the door despite gaining us promotion Smudger ? As for your comment about tomorrow night i expect you think the Board should send negative vibes around the corridors of Carrow Road and amongst the fans by saying that we are in the poop and doomed for a traumatic winter hey Smudger ?"

Course not Tilson.

What I''m saying is 2 years ago we were in the exact same league position as now prior to the AGM, however back then we had an adequate squad but needed to sack our manager. We didn''t, we sat on our hands instead hoping we would be ok. We weren''t.

This time around we have a great manager, but need to seriously strengthen the squad with a QUALITY centre half and QUALITY centre forward signing in January. We won''t get them, instead we''ll buy a journeyman centre half and do some sort of swap deal with Lafferty going the other way. We''ll hope this is enough. It won''t be.

We''ll miss out on a £120 million bonanza because we spent just £3.9 million net on a squad that scraped up through the playoffs, while being told a lie by the Board that every penny goes back into football.

It''s like paying to go to the cinema year in year out to see the same bloody film.

[quote user="ruthers1"]We''ll miss out on a £120 million bonanza because we spent just £3.9 million net on a squad that scraped up through the playoffs, while being told a lie by the Board that every penny goes back into football.[/quote]If they are lying, where are you suggesting the money is going?

"If they are lying, where are you suggesting the money is going?"

I''m suggesting the money is going somewhere other than the football Lightning

[quote user="ruthers1"]"If they are lying, where are you suggesting the money is going?"

I''m suggesting the money is going somewhere other than the football Lightning[/quote]Having already called them liars are you now calling them thieves too?

[quote user="ruthers1"]"If they are lying, where are you suggesting the money is going?"

I''m suggesting the money is going somewhere other than the football Lightning[/quote]

It will be really interesting to see how much was paid out in bonuses for promotion last season. I am sure this would be classed as football expense...

[quote user="ruthers1"]Bruce and Connor or whatever his name was at QPR, proven premier league managers?! Have a word with yourself pal[/quote]

What are you on about pal? Connor who? Harry Redknapp was in charge of QPR for the first 6 months of last season. And yes, Steve Bruce is a proven premier league manager compared to Alex Neil-but I''d rather have AN thanks very much.

Sunderland have been awful so far, even whilst under Sam Allardyce. A gifted goal doesn''t magically make sunderland invincible to relegation.
It''s a shock result and they''ll happen throughout the rest of the season.

That is exactly the type of result Alladyce will be able to grind out for Sunderland and exactly why many of us were concerned when he took over the job there.

Palace were by far the better side but were hardly ever able to fashion their way through the crowded Sunderland defence. "Two back lines of four" as he put it.

Compare this with the way that they (CP) frequently sliced through our more open defence on the first day of the season and it presents a perfect illustration of just why Alex Neil had the need to tighten things up at the back the way he has since the penny finally dropped for him at Newcastle.

The last few performances suggest that he has arrived at a better balance, although having a better team than Big Sam at his disposal things need not be quite so rearguard and when Sunderland looked occasionally threatening on the break it was mainly due to the presence of Jermain Defoe, the kind of poacher we are lacking ... although Grabban would be the better option in this respect.

It was a bit of a freakish result, and they do happen, but the worry is that this might well not be the last time that they grind out a three pointer in the course of the season and they, like us, can strengthen in the Winter.

I feel that it was more of a bad night for us than others seem to as the portends just worsened and the psychological advantage of a six point gap was lost.

Sunderland are naff but they have clearly switched into survival mode before the rest of us. Alladyce knows how to make the most of a bad lot. Thankfully AN seems to be a quick learner, and he will have learned that little bit more by watching last night''s game, if it is only the value of having a Defoe-like poacher up front when tactics dictate.