Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Sky tv

Have you noticed that SKY - Canary Supporters viewers - get a rough deal as they tend to show a lot more of our home games rather than away fixtures. As usual, all about money, i.e. the visiting teams have a far larger viewer base than us.

BUT that was at a weekend.

When did we last win a Live Sky match on a Tues or Weds?!

I hate us being on Sky grrr, we''ve conceded 10 goals this season on Sky, lets hope its still 10 after the weekend
--------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Wed Dec 9th doors open at 7pm - Alex Neil/Frankie McAvoy/Gary Holt fans forum

[quote user="vos"]Have you noticed that SKY - Canary Supporters viewers - get a rough deal as they tend to show a lot more of our home games rather than away fixtures. As usual, all about money, i.e. the visiting teams have a far larger viewer base than us.[/quote]Number of confirmed Norwich Sky fixtures so far this year that have been away games - 2Number of confirmed Norwich Sky fixtures so far this year that have been home games - 1So to answer your question - no, I haven''t noticed. Probably because it''s not a thing.

Last year in terms of sky games. I had us down as:

Wolves (a)

Ipswich (a)

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (h)

Middlesbrough (h)

Then obviously the playoff games. So that''s a pretty even spread to be honest with no discernable away or home bias.

As for what happens in the Premiership. Let''s not delude ourselves here. Sky are contractually obliged to show us a certain number of times in a season. They want to primarily show the top 6 and will fit us in at convenient times around those clubs. That isn''t a complaint, you have to cater for the majority of your audience who will support those clubs.

Sky will fulfil our quota in one of two ways. Televising us when we play one of the big boys like Arsenal making us almost incidental to the game as a result.

The other thing they will do is to give us top billing on a weekend where there is little interest (i.e. you saw us play Newcastle at the height of the rugby world cup). They''re effectively almost burying a game in that instance.

You''ll also see a couple of lower table clashes televised nearer the end of the season as it effectively kills two birds with one stone quota wise for those teams.