Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Roll on january

To resolve the grabban issue that has hung over us

If there a dozen teams interested in the champ and Bournemouth for his services, we have to have plans for that replacement.

I am certain we are, but we need to get this ready.

Defensive needs are top but we also need to ship out a bad egg, whether or not the reasons have been personal and then addressed.

Clearly he has a way out, we have a way out... But we need a replacement.

January will ship out a player who should have gone in the summer and move forward with a striker who wants to be here and push to the first 11.

Defensively a new player for the centre half position has to be brought in.

None of this new, but what is new is that grabban will have suitors and some championship teams have the financial clout to make the wages less of an issue.

We may have a tussle on for him and hence we need that replacement as soon as the window opens. Actually not a replacement, a striker who has conviction in his play and can be a threat and not miss 5 out of 6 chances.

[quote user="smooth"]a striker who has conviction in his play and can be a threat and not miss 5 out of 6 chances.[/quote][quote user="smooth"]If there a dozen teams interested in the champ and Bournemouth for his services[/quote]Why would there be so many teams interested in him if he''s as poor as you suggest?

Will be interesting to see what transpires in January.

Hopefully we get decent sized bids from Championship clubs for both Grabban and Lafferty. Ideally, we don''t want Grabban going to Bournemouth.

As for incomings, defensive reinforcements (centre back) and at least one striker are needed. Which players actually feature on the club''s radar is another matter.

As a side issue, one club statement from yesterday''s AGM was that ''a European scouting network is to be in place very soon''*. Amazed the club didn''t already have this!

* (credit: Vital Norwich).

Aren''t we forever being told we''re scouring Europe for potential signings? How on earth can the club make statements like this if they don''t even have a European scouting network!

As you said, I''m amazed at this!

Lappin it up - his scoring record and energy levels will appeal to many in the championship. But he isn''t fit for the premier league and what we have all realised is what many Bournemouth fans noted.

I believe champ clubs are always looking for that push in January.

We need to be scouring Europe, even premier league players outside of the 25 cost too much for us now. Championship players are going to be too much, so Europe is a key market we have to make it work, so many other clubs make it work for them.

I find the expectations exciting and the reality disappointing. But let''s hope for another quality signing like Brady, wasn''t excited about him but he didn''t disappoint.

Out

Somebody mentioned on here about a week or so ago that we had a bid of £8m - £10m ....if true, probably Grabban

I would also expect to see the departure of

Hooper

Lafferty (when we have signed at least one striker)

Dorrans

and may be E. Bennett

In (minimum)

RB - may be Byram (he''s out of contract this summer at Leeds)

CB - that Torino & Poland CB sounded ideal

S - Afobe or a loan from overseas?

and if theres enough money a second quality CB.

LDC roll on January so we can deal with the grabban issue

I think three players are def needed

Centre back, striker and either right back or a number 10

I can enjoy the rest of the season and see points coming in but we can move on this bad egg and bring in the right people.

As mentioned we did a lot of chasing according to the tabloids or coming back with bid after bid. We need to get things going ASAP

[quote user="smooth"]LDC roll on January so we can deal with the grabban issue

I think three players are def needed

Centre back, striker and either right back or a number 10

I can enjoy the rest of the season and see points coming in but we can move on this bad egg and bring in the right people.

As mentioned we did a lot of chasing according to the tabloids or coming back with bid after bid. We need to get things going ASAP[/quote]

Fair enough, smooth, I just don''t think the Grabban issue is that important.  He is a useful pacy player to have as third or fourth striker - and if we sell we''d probably need to get a replacement, but would find it difficult to get someone who would be guarenteed to be a first or second choice ahead of Jerome and Mbokani.  Agreed we need an extra defensive player as cover but I think we have enough players who can do a good job at number 10. Redmond and Brady could imo do that job if needed.  The inflated prices will make it difficult in January anyway.  I''m reasonably happy with the players in the squad - the issue for me is more how we get the best out of what we aready have. At their best and with AN seemingly getting to grips of how we need to play, I think we will improve as the season goes on, regardless of January.

"Somebody mentioned on here about a week or so ago that we had received a bid of £8m - £10m ....if true, probably Grabban."

I would think that a bit too high for Grabban. Wasn''t Bournemouth''s bid reported as being £6m? Which in it''s self is pretty good.

Probably somebody trying it on for Nathan Redmond, he''s the only play we have who could command anything around or above £10m, IMO.

After reading Ricardos AGM report, great report as usual, two things are clear, we won''t be spending big early as I''m sure the club will try to balance any incoming wage, secondly I''d rather loan players like Gayle then spend the reported 11 million on not much better than Hooper or Grabban on paper.

I think we will have to wait till the latter end of January for new faces.