Sign in to follow this  
Prince of Darkness

NCFC spin

Or maybe Morty has nothing to do with moderation here, Herman.

Yes it amuses how many fishes he catches actually, but I don''t have a say so how he casts his net here.

:-)

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Its Character Forming"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="ricardo"]There are very few PL teams that we can out-football because we have lower quality players. Somehow we still have to get enough points to stay in the league. This means we have to take into account the quality of the opposition. Swashbuckling football in every game is all very nice but we all know what the result will be. You eventually crash and burn

Relegation will always be high stakes for teams of our standing and moving on to the next level is not as simplistic a task as many people seem to think. I approve of the gradualist approach that AN is adopting. Having heard him speak at the AGM I have even more confidence that his way is the right way.
[/quote] Mike Walker coped with ''swashbuckling'' very well with us.[/quote]

Not so much 2nd time around.

[/quote]

It wasn''t even that true the first time around! Walker actually introduced an element of pragmatism into the pure-passing team he inherited from Stringer (in the season we finished 3rd only five out of 42 games were won by more than the odd goal) and was not averse, particularly in Europe, to playing a sweeper. If we have had a swashbuckling manager in the top flight it was much more John Bond.

[/quote]

Thanks Purple - that just reminded me of listening to the Inter away leg on the radio at work.  Obviously it was gutting to hear we couldn''t make the breakthrough but I was still proud of how the team performed.

[/quote]

ICF, we were without Culverhouse, Polston, Butterworth and Crook for the second leg. From memory Culverhouse had been used as sweeper but Bowen filled in. I was in line with the lob/shot from Ekoku when he was put through wide out, just inside the Inter half,  and Zenga rushed way out, and you could see it was going to drift wide...

[/quote]

Yeah, didn''t Inter go on to win the cup ?  It''s one of the few times that I''ve recorded a City game and watched it later even though we lost.  It was the sheer quality of our passing which impressed me the most.

[quote user="morty"]Or maybe Morty has nothing to do with moderation here, Herman.

Yes it amuses how many fishes he catches actually, but I don''t have a say so how he casts his net here.

:-)[/quote]

It''s only polite that when an idiot says something stupid it should be pointed out.

Morty''s reasoning here seems to fail whenever LDC posts something.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

Yeah, didn''t Inter go on to win the cup ?  It''s one of the few times that I''ve recorded a City game and watched it later even though we lost.  It was the sheer quality of our passing which impressed me the most.

[/quote]They did win it. Our passing was brilliant, despite Crook being out. I remember there was a point about 20 minutes in when Inter actually got into our half and their supporters came to live, and ours cheered back ironically. If only Newman hadn''t committed that needless foul in the first leg, which forced us increasingly to throw caution to the wind, because of the away goal. My other memory is of the massed ranks of tooled-up police looking rather sheepish as they realised we weren''t actually hellbent on picking a fight with them or demolishing the stadium or La Scala or the Duomo...

Look at the goals scored and goals against column...

The defensive mindset has only been properly used the last 3 games after it became clear the defence and goalkeeper were not reliable enough to play more expansive football in front of.

I doubt when we play villa and Watford we will play that defensively anyway.

Must be a slow week on here.

I take your point TCCanary ;)

One genuinely thinks he is talking sense though, and the other is on a blatant wind up.

I''ll leave you to sort out who''s who.

On a bad day they are both.

Waveney is like the bloke who tells you he''s a liar, is he lying when he tells you or telling the truth?

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Having heard Ricardo''s great post on the AGM it has had me thinking.

Alex Neil is clearly very articulate and gives confidence to others when he speaks.

Ignore the spin and look at the record just above the relegation zone and more and more negative football. If he was Chris Hughton he would be getting hammered.

Neil like many Scots is a silver tongued spin doctor but is being found out it''s just that people are falling for the hype.

Our current campaign is like the footballing equivalent of a Ponzi scheme. I wonder when people will waken up?[/quote]

Spot on again.[/quote]In light of your AN will relegate us comment Wiz how do you see the result on sunday ?

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]I never understand why people think that speaking with a Scottish accent automatically makes them credible.

The Scots I know are at best of average intelligence

Init![/quote]It hasn''t helped Lambert''s slide down the league. Hassit?

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]I never understand why people think that speaking with a Scottish accent automatically makes them credible. The Scots I know are at best of average intelligence Init![/quote]

Well, that Scottish guy who used to be our manager, can''t remember the name, but you could never understand a word he was saying, could you?  Anyway given his dreadful record since he left us, no one would be foolish enough to want him back, would they ?

[quote user="morty"]Or maybe Morty has nothing to do with moderation here, Herman.

:-)[/quote]

To be fair this is like shooting fish in a barrell.

I have often wondered if Morty is waveney ...

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]I never understand why people think that speaking with a Scottish accent automatically makes them credible.

The Scots I know are at best of average intelligence

[/quote]

I would agree 100%; all of the scots I personally know make ryan bennett the equivalent of einstein.

mind you there is some twisted genius in the deep fried mars bar!

Haha Zipper, after meeting Waveney at the Everton away cup game, I can confirm that we are two different people.

He may take the mickey, but he actually goes to a lot of games.

:-)[/quote]Yes I know. But you can stop shutting him down over there and let him run amok and tire him out. Presuming you have an ignore button it could be a win-win situation.

Herman, he only had one profile shut down, he mostly behaves actually.

Yes, there is an ignore function, but to be honest most people just don''t rise to him.