Sign in to follow this  
Prince of Darkness

NCFC spin

Having heard Ricardo''s great post on the AGM it has had me thinking.

Alex Neil is clearly very articulate and gives confidence to others when he speaks.

Ignore the spin and look at the record just above the relegation zone and more and more negative football. If he was Chris Hughton he would be getting hammered.

Neil like many Scots is a silver tongued spin doctor but is being found out it''s just that people are falling for the hype.

Our current campaign is like the footballing equivalent of a Ponzi scheme. I wonder when people will waken up?

Suspect what he is saying is what guys like you just dont understand. If we want to be an attacking side a club of our size would need to do that in the championship / league 1. If we want to be a premiership team we have to bore our way to doing it for 3 or 4 seasons.

Simple choice do it the Bournemouth way and be relegated ( then I suppose you will blame AN anyway ) or do it the West Brom way and give ourselves a chance.

Or of course we can do it the Mick McCarthy way and be bored and stuck in the Championship.

Are you prepared to play the rest of this season in an attacking manner and be relegated ? please give us a straight answer Prince

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Having heard Ricardo''s great post on the AGM it has had me thinking.

Alex Neil is clearly very articulate and gives confidence to others when he speaks.

Ignore the spin and look at the record just above the relegation zone and more and more negative football. If he was Chris Hughton he would be getting hammered.

Neil like many Scots is a silver tongued spin doctor but is being found out it''s just that people are falling for the hype.

Our current campaign is like the footballing equivalent of a Ponzi scheme. I wonder when people will waken up?[/quote]

Spot on again.

So Prince and Wiz are you both happy to declare on here that you are happy for us to play attacking entertaining football even if this means relegation and you will in no way blame Alex Neill when we are relegated ?

There are very few PL teams that we can out-football because we have lower quality players. Somehow we still have to get enough points to stay in the league. This means we have to take into account the quality of the opposition. Swashbuckling football in every game is all very nice but we all know what the result will be. You eventually crash and burnRelegation will always be high stakes for teams of our standing and moving on to the next level is not as simplistic a task as many people seem to think. I approve of the gradualist approach that AN is adopting. Having heard him speak at the AGM I have even more confidence that his way is the right way.

They want us to crash and burn in both an economic and footballing sense so they can briefly bathe in some perceived "I told you so glory" before clamouring for the return of their self titled ''Messiah''....

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]I want attractive football and to stay up.

Other clubs manage it why can''t we?[/quote]

It wont happen. Lets name the clubs in our category who try to play attractive football.

Villa, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Swansea, Crystal Palace and Southampton. 2 success stories after a number of seasons in the PL.

The teams that play positive and the n change to negative include

Sunderland, WBA, Norwich, Stoke ( until they became established ) Palace ( until they became established ) Even Man Utd have had to go boring to get back to where they are as they are no longer as good the other top teams.

Even some of the top tems Man City and Spain for one actually at times play without any forwards on the pitch.

When we play attacking football we are ripped to shreds and then you blame our defenders. Cant have it all ways I am afraid.

"I want attractive football and to stay up.

Other clubs manage it why can''t we? "

Who are these other clubs?

I stopped reading when the OP mentioned hearing a persons written words; what sort of voice was it in?

perhaps you are the true prince of darkness after all or more likely its continues to suggest you do need some support and guidance...

Palace play on the counter, not really attractive, OK if you like that sort of thing.

Southampton are blowing hot and cold, couldn''t describe what they are doing as attractive football when they are getting beat 3-0 at home.

Lambert didn''t really manage it at Villa.

And here we have two reasons never to visit Lowestoft......Wiz and Waveney . Just two examples why care in the community could be a lot better.

I have to say Waveney, you''re very good at what you do, thats a very full basket you have there![:D]

[quote user="ricardo"]There are very few PL teams that we can out-football because we have lower quality players. Somehow we still have to get enough points to stay in the league. This means we have to take into account the quality of the opposition. Swashbuckling football in every game is all very nice but we all know what the result will be. You eventually crash and burnRelegation will always be high stakes for teams of our standing and moving on to the next level is not as simplistic a task as many people seem to think. I approve of the gradualist approach that AN is adopting. Having heard him speak at the AGM I have even more confidence that his way is the right way.[/quote]

Mike Walker coped with ''swashbuckling'' very well with us.

Any troll is only as good as his ''biters''. It astonishes me that people are still dumb enough to engage with him every time he posts one of his identikit threads – I would rate Waveney''s trolling powers as average at best, but the biters just keep on bitin''...

Yes Wiz-and just 18 months after that swashbuckling win over Bayern Munich we were relegated anyway!

Now, was that down to lack of ambition on the clubs part?

Wiz still living in the 1990s there. Give it twenty years and he''ll realise Alex Neil is in charge, and it will probably stay that way for the foreseeable future. Next up for you Wiz is the 2000s where you''ll get to enjoy Glen Roeder, Peter Grant and Bryan Gunn''s successful reigns.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="ricardo"]There are very few PL teams that we can out-football because we have lower quality players. Somehow we still have to get enough points to stay in the league. This means we have to take into account the quality of the opposition. Swashbuckling football in every game is all very nice but we all know what the result will be. You eventually crash and burn

Relegation will always be high stakes for teams of our standing and moving on to the next level is not as simplistic a task as many people seem to think. I approve of the gradualist approach that AN is adopting. Having heard him speak at the AGM I have even more confidence that his way is the right way.
[/quote] Mike Walker coped with ''swashbuckling'' very well with us.[/quote]

Not so much 2nd time around.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="ricardo"]There are very few PL teams that we can out-football because we have lower quality players. Somehow we still have to get enough points to stay in the league. This means we have to take into account the quality of the opposition. Swashbuckling football in every game is all very nice but we all know what the result will be. You eventually crash and burnRelegation will always be high stakes for teams of our standing and moving on to the next level is not as simplistic a task as many people seem to think. I approve of the gradualist approach that AN is adopting. Having heard him speak at the AGM I have even more confidence that his way is the right way.[/quote] Mike Walker coped with ''swashbuckling'' very well with us.[/quote]

[/quote]It wasn''t even that true the first time around! Walker actually introduced an element of pragmatism into the pure-passing team he inherited from Stringer (in the season we finished 3rd only five out of 42 games were won by more than the odd goal) and was not averse, particularly in Europe, to playing a sweeper. If we have had a swashbuckling manager in the top flight it was much more John Bond.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="ricardo"]There are very few PL teams that we can out-football because we have lower quality players. Somehow we still have to get enough points to stay in the league. This means we have to take into account the quality of the opposition. Swashbuckling football in every game is all very nice but we all know what the result will be. You eventually crash and burn

Relegation will always be high stakes for teams of our standing and moving on to the next level is not as simplistic a task as many people seem to think. I approve of the gradualist approach that AN is adopting. Having heard him speak at the AGM I have even more confidence that his way is the right way.
[/quote] Mike Walker coped with ''swashbuckling'' very well with us.[/quote]

[/quote]

It wasn''t even that true the first time around! Walker actually introduced an element of pragmatism into the pure-passing team he inherited from Stringer (in the season we finished 3rd only five out of 42 games were won by more than the odd goal) and was not averse, particularly in Europe, to playing a sweeper. If we have had a swashbuckling manager in the top flight it was much more John Bond.

[/quote]

Thanks Purple - that just reminded me of listening to the Inter away leg on the radio at work.  Obviously it was gutting to hear we couldn''t make the breakthrough but I was still proud of how the team performed.

Maybe Morty should let you have free rein on Norwich Talk. He seems to enjoy what you do.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="ricardo"]There are very few PL teams that we can out-football because we have lower quality players. Somehow we still have to get enough points to stay in the league. This means we have to take into account the quality of the opposition. Swashbuckling football in every game is all very nice but we all know what the result will be. You eventually crash and burnRelegation will always be high stakes for teams of our standing and moving on to the next level is not as simplistic a task as many people seem to think. I approve of the gradualist approach that AN is adopting. Having heard him speak at the AGM I have even more confidence that his way is the right way.[/quote] Mike Walker coped with ''swashbuckling'' very well with us.[/quote]

[/quote]It wasn''t even that true the first time around! Walker actually introduced an element of pragmatism into the pure-passing team he inherited from Stringer (in the season we finished 3rd only five out of 42 games were won by more than the odd goal) and was not averse, particularly in Europe, to playing a sweeper. If we have had a swashbuckling manager in the top flight it was much more John Bond.[/quote]

Thanks Purple - that just reminded me of listening to the Inter away leg on the radio at work.  Obviously it was gutting to hear we couldn''t make the breakthrough but I was still proud of how the team performed.

[/quote]ICF, we were without Culverhouse, Polston, Butterworth and Crook for the second leg. From memory Culverhouse had been used as sweeper but Bowen filled in. I was in line with the lob/shot from Ekoku when he was put through wide out, just inside the Inter half,  and Zenga rushed way out, and you could see it was going to drift wide...