Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Norwich Arsenal Presser - Ruddy and Neil

Ruddy;

#Got the ingredients to get 3 points which has been deserved most weeks but sadly missed out on.

#Own harshest critic and says that his own performances has been "patchy" (I think that''s a fair reflection). Ends by saying he still thinks he''s been good value for us as he only cost 250k!

As always sounds like a solid bloke, good to see he knows when he''s not done well enough and I''ve got to say his last few performances have been a lot better - good on AN to stick with him

Its good to see the honesty that comes from the players and the manager, nothing divides club and fans like bull and spin.

Totally agree Morty, and I like to think our crop of lads are nice honest folk which is a great atmosphere to have around the club. No big egos, no billy big bucks, just hard working footballers.

More this time from Sir Alex;

R Martin back in contention but still didn''t fully explain his absence

Tettey still out with injury

No, I''m with Mrs Miggins on this one - Ruddy has stapled himself as our No1 with several good years at the club. One weakened blip which can be blamed equally as much on the defence seems to have blown over.

He played very well against Chelsea as I''m sure he will against Arsenal. It''s very hard to stop to stop sides of this quality not scoring over 90 minutes. Chelsea was a great example of how just one small loss of concentration from the defence and it was all over. Never Ruddy''s fault in the slightest. But we''ve simply as a defensive unit got to cut those mistakes out as we''re dropping points so easily and every single one is so vital in this league.

Agreed, Ruddy saved at least 3 goal scoring opportunities. It''s yet another example of players who are not in the team being perceived to be better than those in the first 11. Regrettably we can only play one GK though as Rudd is an excellent back up.

Agreed, it''s not like Rudd has gone out on loan and done anything spectacular like keep a large number of clean sheets, or for the u21s. He''s a very good keeper, let''s not forget that, but is he really a better option than Ruddy? I know who I''d prefer.

AJ wrote

Agreed, it''s not like Rudd has gone out on loan and done anything spectacular like keep a large number of clean sheets, or for the u21s. He''s a very good keeper, let''s not forget that, but is he really a better option than Ruddy? I know who I''d prefer.

IMO its Ruddy''s to lose, and at the moment (last 3 matches) he deserves to wear the gloves, Declans time will come, patience is the game he has to play in the meantime.

Could dropped 10 of the 11 after that game ! think it was naivety on that tactics that caused the problem that day, at least the Management have taken steps top sort since then, and while not as entertaining at times we have come Through Man City and Chelsea away without a hammering, sort of see that as progress.

Sometimes chopping and changing players, especially goalkeepers, causes a bigger problem as team becomes disjointed and confidence ebbs away, Fine lines all the time.

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]

Surely now time to give Rudd an outing?[/quote]

Agree - he cant do any worse than the other shot shy strikers can he?

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]To be fair at least he has admitted he has had a mare so far this season.

Surely now time to give Rudd an outing?[/quote]How does "says that his own performances has been patchy" become " has admitted he has had a mare so far this season"