Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Tettey injured

Out for the Arsenal game. Is that such a bad thing? Would Mulumbu and Dorrans/Neil offer a great holding/distributing partnership against what Arsenal (Carzola) have in that part of the field? Would Tettey potentially get caught out by that sort of player?

Crabby, a pairing of Mulumbu and Neil in midfield would be fantastic IMO, with the latter providing the missing ingredient of leadership on the field! :-)

I concur that he has been one of our best players this season. My point was more to do with this specific match, and what Arsenal offer as opposition. AN has already showed that he has horses for courses. This has been forced, but is it such a bad thing?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I concur that he has been one of our best players this season. My point was more to do with this specific match, and what Arsenal offer as opposition. AN has already showed that he has horses for courses. This has been forced, but is it such a bad thing?[/quote]

If we are to beat Arsenal, it''ll most likely be through being more aggressive and getting at them. Tettey is one of our players that would stop them playing around us so easily, so still a big miss IMO.

I'';ve not seen Mulumbu enough to compare him with Tettey, but Tettey is one of our top quality players so he''s a big omission.  But with his position/style of play he inevitably misses some games through injury/suspension which is why it''s great to have Mulumbu in the squad as well.

I like Tettey - I don''t think he''s as naturally talented as some but he has upped his game this year and has been a big feature in our good results.

We miss him when he doesn''t play - arguably AN''s first choice midfield starts with Tettey at the base (or team selections so far this season) so will always be missed when injured. Been playing well for his country too.

Speedy recovery please Alex! Although we aren''t exactly short on midfielders so should just about be okay...

Have to say I though O''Neil struggled against Chelsea particularly in the 2nd half and was chasing shadows a lot of the time, I fear the same would happen if he''d was put in vs Arsenal.

I fear that if we had any chance of getting anything against Arsenal we would have need a midfield of Tettey and Mulumbu.

Maybe my memory''s playing up but hasn''t Tettey been injured every Christmas he''s been here. Two seasons ago he seemed to be developing a good partnership with Fer only to get injured before Christmas and then Fer got injured just before he recovered.