Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

"Easy game up next for Arsenal..."

Having lost away to West Brom on Saturday, in fairness, it''s hard to see anything other than an Arsenal win against us. How often do they lose 2 league games in a row? Especially to teams of our ilk.

Be very happy with a point!

Last night''s CL results have helped Norwich.

Arsenal''s focus will now be very much on next week''s game in Greece as they can now qualify for the CL latter stages, something that was looking extremely unlikely after their first two games.

They won''t want it ''up and at''em'' on Sunday, and I''m quite certain that Wenger and Arsenal supporters would accept dropped points on Sunday if it led to a win against Olympiakos next week.

From their perspective, it''s a game they should be able to win comfortably.  Let''s hope they are a bit complacent and we mix it up with them a bit.  Then a City win is entirely possible.  But objectively, Arsenal would be favourites.

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Let''s face it since the departure of the Messiah we have been a push over in the premier league[/quote]I cannot believe your fellow Lowestoft resident has not appeared yet with a ''Huzzah'' ! [;)]

I don''t mind people saying we''re ''easy'' - let people think that. Hopefully from the press it''ll channel into the opposition players. I know if I was in the NCFC dressing room I''d be more than fired up to prove Mr Wright wrong!

[quote user="AJ"]I don''t mind people saying we''re ''easy'' - let people think that. Hopefully from the press it''ll channel into the opposition players. I know if I was in the NCFC dressing room I''d be more than fired up to prove Mr Wright wrong![/quote]

Exactly.  If we beat them, hopefully it will help him remember the names of one or two of our players...

How anyone can take Ian Wright seriously after his ''analysis'' of our game against Sunderland earlier in the season is a mystery. His ''this fella passed to him and then he knocked it onto that bloke'' description of one of our goals was embarrassing.

Again, I don''t watch the ''pundits''. I record the show and watch the match highlights only, skipping all the rubbish.

As far as I''m concerned if Mr Wrights knowledge is as good as most peoples in the game then it''ll help us keep hold of Nigel Redmand and Roberto Bradley.

Sounds like I could work for Konami!

Off topic, but it’s disgraceful that Wright gets paid good money by the BBC when he is so underprepared and has little idea about some of the teams he is watching (outside of the top 4 or 5). If I went into a client meeting that underprepared in my job I would be absolutely lambasted for it and quite rightly so.

You watch the level of attention to detail and quality of analysis which the likes of Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville provide, and it really puts some of these so called ‘pundits’ to shame. When someone is getting paid thousands a show, I do not think it is unreasonable to expect them to have a full working knowledge of every single Premiership club and what their selection/tactical issues are at that given moment.

As for Arsenal having an easy game only time will tell. Recent performances against Chelsea and Man City would suggest that we’ll certainly be competitive and be alive in the game right until the end. We definitely have a chance of nicking something, particularly at home. However, if Arsenal play to their potential they will win the game as they have better players. There’s only so much that hard work and clever tactics can do to bridge the gap.

It is a good incentive, thank you I Wright.

We need the crowd pushing our first 11 from the first whistle, tettey and mulumbu together anchoring our midfield and mbokani, Brady and Redmond providing support. I would happily see wes in the hole to really give bite, ability on the ball and breakaway ability.

Whatever happens in these games is an advantage to our survival.

Arsenal will be looking at the champions league match but this game is on Sunday and they have plenty of time to prepare. We need to give a full blooded, high energy, tough game to Arsenal.

I hope our tempo rises, concentration is at our highest level (it needs to be with Arsenal) and we get on it. I look forward to it.

Smooth, Arsenal''s final CL match isn''t until Wednesday week, meaning they can fully focus on beating us this Sunday.

And if they play anything like they did last night, Ian Wright''s prediction will, unfortunately, be correct. Sanchez, particularly, looked unplayable.

Ah Wednesday week.

Yes I agree they have time to focus on the game, and as I pointed out it being on a Sunday they will.

I agree if they play how they are capable of doing they will beat us, but I hope come out and really give them a strong test.

Either way I do not expect a result, but we can give ourselves a chance of something.

Why does it feel so long since Saturday and our last game.

Roll on Sunday.

I actually don''t mind Wright on MOTD. He gives it a bit of personality that it badly needed.

Doesn''t overly bother me that he doesn''t know the names of "lesser" players because his analysis is decent in the short amount of time he''s got to work with.

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Let''s face it since the departure of the Messiah we have been a push over in the premier league[/quote]

Huzzah!

[quote user="Al Harrington"]I think we all know the real reason why Ian Wright gets on as a pundit...[/quote]I don''t, could you enlighten me? Or are your b*llocks big enough to cast aspersions but not big enough to back them up?

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Maybe because he attracts an audience. (?)[/quote]If he does, which I''m not sure I''d agree with, he''s in a minority then.

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Let''s face it since the departure of the Messiah we have been a push over in the premier league[/quote]

Think you will find Hughton''s team finished 11th compared with Lamberts 12th

Lambert then went on to smash loads of villa''s unwanted records and one premier league record.

And that is not to say Lambert was no good for us but just that you talk absoloute cr+p