Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

How do we beat Arsenal?

"When did you go off Alex, Wiz my man?"August 8th-15th.August 30th-September 12th.All of October-November 7th.November 21st -?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Wiz"]Simple.........employ an experienced manager.[/quote]Best of luck with your fishing. Hope you get a bite soon.[/quote] He never responds to questions asked of him so me asking for a shortlist will be ignored but i will however try.Wiz can you supply a list of suitable candidates ?[/quote]

It would have been Paul Lambert Til but now it would have to be Brendan Rodgers or Bruce.[/quote]So you want two recently failed Premeirship managers in Lambert took Villa to be brink of relegation and Rodgers who spent literally hundreds of millions at Liverpool and failed miserably or Steve Bruce who has had more clubs than Tiger Woods.If you seriously think they can do a better job than Alex Neil then i am glad you get no nearer Carrow Road than a live stream ![/quote]Anyone remember that time Wiz thought Ian Holloway was the best manager for Norwich City Football Club?Ohh, how we laughed!Good times... good times....

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Wiz"]Simple.........employ an experienced manager.[/quote]Best of luck with your fishing. Hope you get a bite soon.[/quote] He never responds to questions asked of him so me asking for a shortlist will be ignored but i will however try.Wiz can you supply a list of suitable candidates ?[/quote]

It would have been Paul Lambert Til but now it would have to be Brendan Rodgers or Bruce.[/quote]So you want two recently failed Premeirship managers in Lambert took Villa to be brink of relegation and Rodgers who spent literally hundreds of millions at Liverpool and failed miserably or Steve Bruce who has had more clubs than Tiger Woods.If you seriously think they can do a better job than Alex Neil then i am glad you get no nearer Carrow Road than a live stream ![/quote]Anyone remember that time Wiz thought Ian Holloway was the best manager for Norwich City Football Club?Ohh, how we laughed!Good times... good times....[/quote]
I''ll see your Ian Holloway and raise you with Steve Tilson.

Not forgetting the masterstroke suggestion of signing Clive Platt as a foil to get "the best" out of Jamie Cureton.
Honestly.  I''d rather have Bryan Gunn trolling this board.

Anyway, how do we beat Arsenal?
A high pressure pressing game in our half of the pitch,   When they have the ball, pull all our players back and leave Redmond, and/or another attacking outlet who can run with the ball, on the halfway line.  Swamp the midfield with quick and tenacious tackling of the sort that annoys them and gets them rolling around on the floor as if their hamstrings have both "pinged" at once.  Keep the full backs relatively deep because most of Arsenal''s width comes from their full backs and they will pounce on counter-attacking opportunities if presented. Frustrate them and waste time wherever possible.  Squeeze all available space and double up on Sanchez to prevent him getting space.  Look for set piece situations such as corners which, oddly, a team with the riches and squad depth of Arsenal still cannot defend, for goals.
Essentially, play like the away team - only at home.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]When did you go off Alex, Wiz my man?[/quote]

Twas the Southampton game back in August Mr J, AN proved to me that day that he''s naïve when it comes to the Premier.

Signing donkeys like Mobanki and playing him ahead of Jerome doesn''t help either, likewise, with dumping Hooper.

AN WILL RELEGATE US!

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]When did you go off Alex, Wiz my man?[/quote]

Twas the Southampton game back in August Mr J, AN proved to me that day that he''s naïve when it comes to the Premier.

Signing donkeys like Mobanki and playing him ahead of Jerome doesn''t help either, likewise, with dumping Hooper.

AN WILL RELEGATE US![/quote][img]http://blog.lcexplorer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Fishing.jpg[/img]

Best way is to give it a real go! Arsenal will win if we decide to try and park the bus.

Start Wessi and Jerome, maybe that might just get us the goal to steel the win.

As for AN, he won''t get us relegated, the club, the players, the owner and the management team will do the best they can, if that''s not good enough we will get relegated. That''s life!

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]When did you go off Alex, Wiz my man?[/quote]

AN WILL RELEGATE US![/quote]
[img]http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/0f/0fdcd338d1272f62a3af663c10fff954c581ef8a0da68ed6b53071be632f9f07.jpg[/img]

Twas the Southampton game back in August Mr J, AN proved to me that day that he''s naïve when it comes to the Premier. Signing donkeys like Mbokani and playing him ahead of Jerome doesn''t help either, likewise, with dumping Hooper. AN WILL RELEGATE US ![/quote]Unfeckinbelievable !

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]When did you go off Alex, Wiz my man?[/quote]

Twas the Southampton game back in August Mr J, AN proved to me that day that he''s naïve when it comes to the Premier. Signing donkeys like Mbokani and playing him ahead of Jerome doesn''t help either, likewise, with dumping Hooper. AN WILL RELEGATE US ![/quote]Unfeckinbelievable ! [/quote]

Sadly, its not!

I see you''re back here full time now Wiz. Welcome back buddy! And welcome back to 2006. It''s like the last 10 years never happened. Is this the Wiz you always wanted to be?

Depending on how many players are tested for the champions league we could have a slight chance. Hopefully if sanche is rested and replaced with Gibbs, which I see as likely even if for the first hour then I''d go for this:

Ruddy; Wisdom, Bennett, Bassong, Brady; Redmond, Tettey, Mulumbu, Howson; Hoolahan; Jerome.

I know Howson isn''t great out wide but the right side of Arsenal in bellerin and Campbell is very attacking so will need someone to track back and also cover for Brady when he gets a chance to go forward, if not possibly o''neil or dorrans could be used in that role. And with fingers crossed a left side of Monreal and Gibbs we could let Redmond run at them (hopefully in play off mode) and could well have some success.

If we allow them to dictate they will rip us apart.

Their best player at the moment is Ozil and Sanchez isn''t far behind. We have to keep possession much better than we have, defend better than we did v Chelsea. Break quickly on the counter and hopefully score a few goals.

Bennett has been playing well and I would like to see him retained, although for the Chelsea goal, I think he shouldn''t have allowed Costa to get a shot in with his right foot. He should have ushered him onto his left. We should never be giving the ball back to the opposition to take a free kick or corner, that is such an elimentary mistake. If we do that against Arsenal we will be punished.

Arsenal can be beaten, we just need to frustrate them, defend resolutely, pass better and catch them on the break or score from a set piece. Easier said than done.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I see you''re back here full time now Wiz. Welcome back buddy! And welcome back to 2006. It''s like the last 10 years never happened. Is this the Wiz you always wanted to be?[/quote]To be fair he''s lasted a lot longer on that '' Smashie & Nicie '' board than I thought he would.In the end his addiction to stirring it up finally got the better of him...[;)]

Some interesting weather conditions forecasted according to bbc - 48 mph wind and potential severe gales. Could be a bit of a leveller and make defending corners and set pieces important.

[quote user="UpperBarclay"]Some interesting weather conditions forecasted according to bbc - 48 mph wind and potential severe gales. Could be a bit of a leveller and make defending corners and set pieces important. [/quote]For them too if we can win the odd corner.....................

I think we have to play like we did against Man City and Chelsea and just cut out the silly mistakes.

Sounds easier than its going to be doesnt it?