Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Pick your Worst Team of the last Twenty Years

This all started when last night I found myself in a cold sweat at the prospect of watching Mike Sheron try and cross the ball to Ricky Van.  It was then I realised I had probably only scraped halfway down the barrel, and so I thought I''d go for the team of Norwich City players that I still find hard to believe were allowed to wear the shirt.
Loanees are allowed but may not be needed.
                              Theo
Derveld     Kennedy    Askou      Segura
                   Brellier      Jarrett
Dalglish                                         De Waard
                 Sheron      Rickyyyyyy
7 Subs: Tracey, Diop, Tudur-Jones, Fotheringham, Whaley, Thorne, Ottosson
Manager: Bryan Gunn
Possibly harsh on Askou who can''t be the worst centre back in the last 20 years - and could head a ball further than I can kick one - but my mind isn''t what it used to be.
Possibly harsh also on Fotheringham, but he never showed us the Fozzy Flick and seemed to be Glenn Roeder''s idea of a great player and a "fantastic human being".
Anyway, this team couldn''t beat an egg.  Who wants to name an alternative and we''ll have a kickaround?

Andy Hughes and Otsemobor can go in. Cottee and Hartson in the ''well past their use by date'' 11.Yep to Gunn as manager and Calderwood as assistant.

I think Murray was the CB I had in mind, not Kennedy - the one who said he wanted to "chuck games" under Roeder.  Nice.  But fair''s fair, you''ve got him.  I have Thorne on my bench but Adrian Coote and Jamie Cureton are available, as is Keith Scott.
Whatever did happen to that "Le Juge" flag some of our fans paid good money for?

Ok, I see now I''ve stolen from your bench.

So in the true spirit of the game I''ll let you have Tracey and Whaley back along with Thorne.

I''ll grab David Strihavka, Garry Brady and Des Hamilton. As for a keeper...

I never really rated Paul Gallacher so he''ll do.

Normally Curo would be a shoo-in for this team but he retweeted my anti-Ipswich blog so I''ve awarded him a stay of execution.

David Strihavka!  Christ, he made Ricky look like Rocky.
I don''t remember ever seeing Steven Smith play for us.  There was Stephen Hughes, who was largely useless but did cross the ball for Chris Martin to head in the 1-0 winner against Dirty Leeds so he gets a pass.
I didn''t think Sibierski was that bad.  There, I said it.
I saw Omar Koroma play against the MK Dons in round 1 of some cup.  We lost and he ran around apparently playing his own game of something or another.
Pleased nobody has yet mentioned Andy Hughes.
And in other news, I have just witnessed James Milner scoring a goal in a game of professional football.

Richie de Laet.

Looked really composed for 90% of any game he played, but always made a glaring error which resulted in an opposition goal

If this thread is revived in twenty years there would be a job fitting Russell Martin, Steven Whittaker and John Ruddy in with that pile of dross. [:D]

Thomas Helveg. Came with high expectations but was pure rubbish.Jan Molby. Don''t think he able to move from the center circle during any game he played for us.Paul Peschisolido. 5 games, no goals, enough said.Jean Yves De Blassis. The last of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse signed by Hammy.Don''t forget Pape Diop, unfortunatley not the beast that used to play for Fulham. Ran away after spitting at a fan if I remember correctly.An honourable mention should also go to Carlo Nash. Only player ever to win POTS without playing a game.

Once again I feel compelled to defend Thomas Helveg-was played out of position in midfield and his performances improved when he moved back to right back-there are many more worse right backs in our history, perhaps he stands out because we really should have done better that season but failed at the last hurdle.