Sign in to follow this  
YorkshirePudding

Match Thread V Arsenal

Our whole defence seems to be trying to commit Harakiri, keep it tight pleeeeeeezee!

It''s not even a loss of pace, Redmond just wasn''t offering anything, he isn''t making moves off the ball into space or marking and then when he gets it just looks to pass instead of taking people on... It''s almost like he''s lost all confidence in his ability.

Very happy with that after going a goal down.  Lots of fight, and another tactical victory for our learning manager.  We had the better chances to win that.

A point a point, ey -i-adeyoo we got a point.

But please Alex never start with that eleven again.

P.S. Swansea just lost.

P.P.S. Ryan Bennett my MoM, just beat Robbie Brady.

Good point mind, was just expecting more from redders when he came on against tired legs. Glad VOO got on the pitch at last as well.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]In fact it''s a potential disaster.

Howson AND Hoolahan in the same midfield means that the Arsenal midfield

will likely dominate and they''ll be through our defences like a dose of

salts.

Newcastle anybody?[/quote]

Before

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]A point a point, ey -i-adeyoo we got a point.

But please Alex never start with that eleven again.

P.S. Swansea just lost.

P.P.S. Ryan Bennett my MoM, just beat Robbie Brady.[/quote]

After.Please just give the guy the praise he deserves and apologise for your earlier stupidity, the manager sees the players in training and he''s best to decide what to do, not you.

"Please just give the guy the praise he deserves and apologise for your earlier stupidity, "

Don''t pick upon me with your thoroughness, the concern about our set-up seemed fairly universal from what I read on here.

Yes, the end justifies the means and a point was an excellent outcome.

I still maintain that I would be concerned if AN started with that eleven ever again.

We have a tough fight ahead of us and that starting eleven are not, IMO, the best fit to fight it.

Why need to use the offensive word "stupidity" on a stage where we all express nothing but our opinions.

We started appallingly and, on another day, Arsenal could have ripped us apart at one time in that game, then had a couple of vital injuries and in that sense we inherited a "fair wind."

Anyhow well done Wee Alex. I for one am not now in the mood to insult fellow posters on this forum the way you seem to find necessary.

Fortune smiled upon the Canaries today, but in the end we deserved it.

Very very good point especially considering Arsenal''s loss to West Brom last weekend, fully expected them to bounce back with a comfortable win.

Seemed a bit too defensive at first, almost took them scoring for us to really get going. Goal out of nowhere (not that their''s wasn''t) and all of a sudden we''re full of confidence and we certainly outplayed them for large portions of that second half.

Really felt like we were going to sneak the winner though, having created the better chances overall. As mentioned above Redmond was a bit disappointing, he is capable of so much more and for some reason didn''t seem to want to beat his man.

Also great to see O''Neil, Grabban, Wisdom and Bennett really proving themselves as first team candidates- who would''ve predicted that 4 weeks ago?

Credit to Alex Neil as always, the man has taken a huge risk picking that team, just look at the comments on the match thread!! He clearly knows a hell of a lot more than any of us do, perhaps in future when he takes a gamble it will be met with more leniency from all (myself included)?? It would''ve been very easy for him to pick a ''mainstream'' line up and sidestep any criticism should we lose, but he''s put himself on the line here and not for the first time this season. He is becoming more and more impressive by the day and I truly hope we stick with him even if relegated.

point and a bloody half that was! well done city!Massive well done to AN, sometimes in football you need to stick or twist, he chose to twist and it paid off today giving Grabban a start.

Bloody well done AN and the team, keep Martin and Ruddy out of the side and we''ll be okay.

To be fair to Broadstairs, he is one of the most normal people on here, it was a strange line-up, Mulumbu is probably our best midfielder so to leave him out when we were already without Tettey did seem a bit strange.

Likewise, choosing Grabban ahead of Jerome or Mbokani-but in the end a very good point.

Excellent point that, very well done to AN and the team.  Thought we might even have nicked it in the second half.  Ruddy gave me the jitters though, after a couple of games where he seemed to have regained his confidence, today he was a nightmare imo.  Brady rightly MoM.  Wisdom getting better game by game.  Redmond ineffectual.  Grabban took his goal well, but still didn''t seem sure about his future in Sky interview after the game.