Sign in to follow this  
YorkshirePudding

Match Thread V Arsenal

Team: (4-2-3-1) Ruddy; Wisdom, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson; Howson, Dorrans, O''Neil (c), Brady; Hoolahan; Grabban
Subs: Rudd (GK), Martin, Mbokani, Jerome, Mulumbu, Redmond, Odjidja.
So Grabban starts, and no Mulumbu!? Erm, okay could be interesting. 

In fact it''s a potential disaster.

Howson AND Hoolahan in the same midfield means that the Arsenal midfield will likely dominate and they''ll be through our defences like a dose of salts.

Newcastle anybody?

i would guess grabbans in because we are going to park the bus and try and counter with balls over the top and his pace against arsenals slow centre backs

much prefer to see mulumbu, redmond and jerome starting though

Been on the Offy site and they have said there is a big surprise at H/T! Any ideas???

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Been on the Offy site and they have said there is a big surprise at H/T! Any ideas???[/quote]

There''s going to be an appearance by a board member who will demand that the crowd become the twelfth man and then they''ll ask them where they are.

The bench looks stronger for ages but that is because our most dangerous players are on the bench.

Wenger mentions Redmond as a dangerous player and we leave him on the bench. I hope mulumbu is ok, I feel we need him in our squad for games like this.

Grabban, well I think he is not up to the job. But he has a chance to prove it. Good luck grabban

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Been on the Offy site and they have said there is a big surprise at H/T! Any ideas???[/quote]i think the big surprise will be if we arent 4 nil down ;)ron vlaar maybe? (unlikely)probably be something rubbish like a new mascot or a new steak & ale pie

Worse than expected with none of the attacking pattern that we have been impressive with so far this season.

20 minutes in and we have not had a single attacking movement of any note apart from a free kick.

Is Grabban playing then?

Where is this technique AN spoke of pre-match?

The only positive thus far is that the Gunners don''t yet seem quite with it. More likely due to a bumpy plane than our set-up I fear.

They will grow in confidence as we possess no threat whatsoever.

Absolute joke, never seen such amateurish football, why didn''t Olson just get rid of it instead of putting Ruddy under pressure.

I really don''t understand AN''s plan, unless it was his intention for us to concede goals today... We need a new keeper too or to finally give Rudd the no.1 spot as Ruddy just gifted the opposition another goal. Another game we stroll to a defeat at a whimper.

most entertaining thing so far -osama bin grabban''s beard.

we look clueless going forward, which is not surprising given our best two attacking players are on the bench

I would be happier if we have actually looked like creating anything of note in the first thirty.

We are disjointed and awful.

I do not see a Premier League team before my eyes.

That team is on the bench.

arsenal a class apart but we really havnt been helped by neil''s selectionhes sent them out to try and keep the score down, we lost this before the whistle was blown

ryan bennett is a top lad for shoving alexis in the pit though ;)