Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

It's beginning to look a lot like Chris...

Don''t worry he hates everybody and everything not just anything NCFC related. He used to have his own fanbase(3 x 12yr olds and a wheelchair wizard) but they seem to have deserted him at the moment.

the same Chris Hughton who hasn''t lost a league game all season...a good manager.. things just didn''t work out for him here sadly.

"the same Chris Hughton who hasn''t lost a league game all season...

a good manager.. things just didn''t work out for him here sadly."

You mean (just like AN) a good Championship manager. Got Newcastle promoted and will do Brighton too.

Neither can manage in the Prem though, they both ''clam up'' stop playing their natural attacking games and start worrying too much about the opposition.

Lambert was different he set up his Norwich teams to attack whether in Div 1, Champs or the Prem and let the opposition worry about us. In other words he played the ''risk v reward'' card and got handsomely rewarded.

I think Ruthers has got a point here. Similar football to Hughton, but AN has the benefit of getting us promoted. One''s a rubbish negative manager, the other''s a pragmatic genius who won a play off final.I said before the season started that it would be a battle, mainly because we were not nearly good enough to ''play'' our way to safety in the PL. It''s going to be hard for AN to improve under these cirmcumstances, a gradual build-up in quality is the best we can hope for.

[quote user="9Зvintage"]I think Ruthers has got a point here. Similar football to Hughton, but AN has the benefit of getting us promoted. One''s a rubbish negative manager, the other''s a pragmatic genius who won a play off final.I said before the season started that it would be a battle, mainly because we were not nearly good enough to ''play'' our way to safety in the PL. It''s going to be hard for AN to improve under these cirmcumstances, a gradual build-up in quality is the best we can hope for.[/quote]Apart from the first line the rest of your post is pretty much spot on.

[quote user="ruthers1"]"the same Chris Hughton who hasn''t lost a league game all season...

a good manager.. things just didn''t work out for him here sadly."

You mean (just like AN) a good Championship manager. Got Newcastle promoted and will do Brighton too.

Neither can manage in the Prem though, they both ''clam up'' stop playing their natural attacking games and start worrying too much about the opposition.

Lambert was different he set up his Norwich teams to attack whether in Div 1, Champs or the Prem and let the opposition worry about us. In other words he played the ''risk v reward'' card and got handsomely rewarded.[/quote]I think you need to go back and revisit your rosy tinted look on Lambert''s Prem season.

Fairly sure Houghton took more points from Top 6 Prem sides than Lambert.

Lambert was gung-ho but naive. Houghton was overly defensive and timid. Alex Neil has shown he is pragmatic and flexible and I am not concerned about his managerial capability at all. We all knew a young manager would need to do some learning on the job with the step up he has made, and I think the signs are all positive.

"Fairly sure Houghton took more points from Top 6 Prem sides than Lambert"

Who the **** is Houghton?!! I''m talking about Hughton our ex-manager and yes he did take more points off the top 6.

BUT, you dunderhead you don''t stay up by taking more points off the top six - you stay up by taking more points off the BOTTOM 6.

By playing attacking and positive football you''ll achieve this as Lambert proved and CH and AN are proving in the negative - with the opposite tactics

Lambert didn''t constantly play attacking and positive football. Revisit his first season in the premiership and clue yourself up a bit.

"Lambert didn''t constantly play attacking and positive football. Revisit his first season in the premiership and clue yourself up a bit."

I think you better revisit my posts to see where I said he did it "constantly"?!!

I didn''t of course and as you well know the best managers mix it up a bit, but in the main he was attacking and compared to AN and CH he was entertaining. That''s ENTERTAINMENT - remember that German?

[quote user="ruthers1"]BUT, you dunderhead you don''t stay up by taking more points off the top six - you stay up by taking more points off the BOTTOM 6.[/quote]
You mean, the way we''ve beaten Sunderland and Bournemouth this season already?
Golly, if only there was some kind of relegation mini-league.

You don''t stay up by getting more points off the bottom six. You stay up by earning more points over the course of 38 games than 3 other teams. It doesn''t matter where you get them as long as you do.

Lamberts teams weren''t always attacking either. Much like Alex Neil he was a pragmatist who tried to set up for the opposition. Can''t say he was as tactically astute though. He got it wrong a lot and had to change tact regularly during games. Plus a bit early to call Alex defensive. I think most clubs will set up this way at Man City and Chelsea. Most of the season has been spent attacking.

[quote user="ruthers1"]"

Lambert was different he set up his Norwich teams to attack whether in Div 1, Champs or the Prem and let the opposition worry about us. In other words he played the ''risk v reward'' card and got handsomely rewarded.[/quote]

Here is where you said Lambert always attacked. A mere few posts up the page.

[quote user="ruthers1"]"

Lambert was different he set up his Norwich teams to attack whether in Div 1, Champs or the Prem and let the opposition worry about us. In other words he played the ''risk v reward'' card and got handsomely rewarded.[/quote]

Here is where you said Lambert always attacked. A mere few posts up the page.

AN changed tact and rightly so. Entertainment doesn''t Include getting dicked by Newcastle in my opinion. I think he knows more about football than many of the opinionated, told you so, delight in failure, grass is always greener sorts on here.

I assume a lot of this criticism is directed at the way in which we played against Swansea, but we got the three points so what''s the problem?

Anyone that expected us to play expansive footy away to Chelsea and Man City is basically a pud whacker.

"I assume a lot of this criticism is directed at the way in which we played against Swansea, but we got the three points so what''s the problem?"

The problem is you obviously have a low expectation threshold - I say again - It''s beginning to look a lot like Chris Hughton.

Do you really want me to list all the crap games we won 1-0 under Hughton in the relegation season? FFS

"think we won 5 games 1-0 under Hughton in the relegation season. "

5 scruffy 1-0 wins (ie Swansea) still not enough to keep us up eh?

That''s what''s wrong with it Jenkins ;)

We play open attacking football and you whine "we need to score 3 to win", we play a containing game and you whine "but it''s too negative and like watching Hughton".

Ruthers it''s time to explain your manifesto and what you actually expect of Norwich and Alex Neil?

"Ruthers it''s time to explain your manifesto and what you actually expect of Norwich and Alex Neil?"

Simple. I expect us to have more belief in ourselves and be more positive. Exactly like the 90 minutes I''ve just witnessed - that''s more like it Norwich.

It''s beginning to look a lot like...Alex Neil''s reading my posts!

The style was identical to Man City, Chelsea and Swansea Ruthers, exactly what you started this thread to criticise. The only difference was that Arsenal offered very little on the ball so we had more chance to get at them. Being more positive as you described today''s game is what you criticised us for last time.

So again what are your expectations because maybe I''m just not bright enough to understand but all I see is you contradict yourself time and time again so you can have a moan.

Bet you loved it when you saw Grabban starting today vet that gave you a good chance to blub.

So you''re a bit of a knobhead as well Gainer. Don''t get sucked into supporting the posts of a complete I knob, even if you are dodgy yourself 😄