Sign in to follow this  
gitto

Grabban? Really ????

What on earth is Grabban doing in the side. He never looked like scoring in 120 mins against Everton and Lafferty scored once and was responsible for another in ten minutes against West Brom. Managers that have favourites really fuck me off! What a player does on the training pitch means fuck all come match day.

Agreed, strange selection, I think Mbokani offers more in terms of a hassling center forward, let''s see.

Lewis Grabban Norwich City record - Played 42 scored 12.

Kyle Lafferty Norwich City record - Played 22 scored 2.

Looking at that it ain''t too difficult to understand is it?

Don''t care what happens in training, Grabbans performances (& attitude) in real games have been poor. He''s a striker and don''t care what anyone else says, his role is to score goals. He wastes more chances than he scores and isn''t good enough for this level.

And yet Lafferty again doesn''t get a chance. Grabs can only do it at Championsjip level. Laff''s at least has proved he can do it at international level.

Sell Grabban in Jan please. What''s the position with Jerome & Mbokani then?

I''ve had a thoroughly crap weekend. Get home 35 mins before kick off thinking at least I can relax now, and then see f**king Grabban starting with both Mbokani and Jerome on the bench. I can take us losing this one, but to wave the white flag before kick off is atrocious. Grabban''s attitude is terrible, but regardless of that, the fact he is a S**T striker should be the deciding factor in him not being anywhere near the bench, let alone starting. Only other team that would have him in a Prem 25 is Bournemouth. He was crap in Champs.
I sincerely hope AN has a game plan here, and it is executed flawlessly, because if we get a spanking, questions will be asked and rightly so. I''m not one to criticise AN generally, I am really happy with him as manager, but this has really baffled me.

It''s beginning to look a lot like Chris... Hughton - anyone remember Becchio on the bench while Elmander (1 goal in 28 games) could do no wrong in Hughton''s eyes?!

Let''s wait and see. I hope the fans in the ground get behind him. I''m going to. We have a brave young manager. I trust him, he musthave a plan.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Lewis Grabban Norwich City record - Played 42 scored 12.

Looking at that it ain''t too difficult to understand is it?[/quote]

Failing to take into account Laff played on the winf most of the time. Try comparing Laff to our wingers then and see a more realistic comparison. You also failed to highlight that Grabban had more gametime than anyone else (Hoops had about half of Grabban''s and so his goal ratio was mucch better last term)

Far more of a concern is O''Neil starting ahead of Mulumbu in my book. Gary is a top pro but I think he will really struggle today if he is supposed to be our holding midfielder.

[quote user="ruthers1"]AN''s losing it I tell you, losing it. Grabban up front on his own?!!

#headsgone - joke[/quote]

Oh No! The manager has done something different.#I''mscaredofchangecosI''manidiotthatusehashtagsonamessageboard

Totally agree Jim. This is shocking line up, what the hell is AN playing at?? Like Kickitoff said, its almost like we''re waving the white flag before a balls been kicked, why else would we not play our strongest DM and put a out of favour, off form and seemingly wantaway "striker" up front on his own against any team at this level, let alone Arsenal. Utterly bizarre

"Far more of a concern is O''Neil starting ahead of Mulumbu in my book. Gary is a top pro but I think he will really struggle today if he is supposed to be our holding midfielder."

I''ll go along with that, but I would be happiest with both in.

That Arsenal midfield is something else and the fact that it will be pitted against our lightest selection of mid-fielders possible forebodes a potential disaster.

I was beginning to fancy us getting something from this game, if only a point. Not now.

Is AN a tactical magician of Lambertian proportions or is he, once again, to expose that level of inexperience shown against the Toon?

Fingers crossed.

Yes Broadstairs. He''s obviously got a plan and I think the one thing we will do with this line up is retain possession better than in the last two matches, which we need to do.

I just felt this game was crying out for Mulumbu. That Arsenal midfield is talented and good going forward but it''s rather lightweight. I feel he could have dominated them a bit physically. I worry O''Neil will struggle with their movement.

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Lewis Grabban Norwich City record - Played 42 scored 12.

Looking at that it ain''t too difficult to understand is it?[/quote]

Failing to take into account Laff played on the winf most of the time. Try comparing Laff to our wingers then and see a more realistic comparison. You also failed to highlight that Grabban had more gametime than anyone else (Hoops had about half of Grabban''s and so his goal ratio was mucch better last term)[/quote]Well said, I was about to post similar.  [Y]

I think it''s fairly clear by now that this was the wrong call from Mr Neil - meh, he wins some he loses some.

I thought Grabban was supposed to be quick anyways? He''s making Wes look like speedy Gonzalez with his lethargy in the first half.

Let''s see...................amazing, really thought it wasn''t a good selection but f.....ck get in!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Orly"]I think it''s fairly clear by now that this was the wrong call from Mr Neil - meh, he wins some he loses some.

I thought Grabban was supposed to be quick anyways? He''s making Wes look like speedy Gonzalez with his lethargy in the first half.[/quote]

I''m claiming credit for this! Glad to eat my words. Good finish.

Well what can I say I''m wrong again. Grabban is a revelation. He''s run Arsenal''s quality defence ragged

[quote user="Bor"][quote user="iron_stan"]osama scored! :O[/quote]
Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves, and you most of all.
"Supporters."
Pathetic.
[/quote]

He''s one of the biggest bellends on here Bor, troll a go go.

Well can he do more?

One goal and now a key game at vicarage road. If An does think he is right then he has to prove it

He needs a run to prove his worth of scoring. Forget the line it is what he does for the team it is goals that are needed now. We know his abilities now score. I do believe he is a goal every 6 chances. Tonight he can celebrate, but now we need a win at Watford.

[quote user="Spillay"][quote user="Bor"][quote user="iron_stan"]osama scored! :O[/quote]
Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves, and you most of all.
"Supporters."
Pathetic.
[/quote]

He''s one of the biggest bellends on here Bor, troll a go go.[/quote]
He hadn''t made my radar until today, but thanks for the context.  I will watch his future toxic spillages with interest.

Was surprised to see Grabban start and after a rusty opening period he looked good. Linked play well, had good movement and caused Arsenal some real problems. Took his goal well too. Showed real composure in a tight situation with a defender right on top of him.

Must say he has earned another start at Watford on that performance.

Wonder why this thread is so quiet now after being so busy before the game?