Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Boo boys at it again

AN mentioned in his post match interview there were boos today. WTF?? Did anyone hear them and what on earth were they for?? He also mentioned how the fans get confidence from good performances and that in turn encourages good support which in turn helps the players perform better, which in turn helps encourage the fans, which helps encourage the players more....etc etc...... a positive way for a club to progress.   So please.....why were there boos today?  Anyone care to own up and tell us why?    

My dad sits in the Jarrold and he thought there were a few when Grabban''s name was read out. I''m in the Barclay and in fairness never heard any.

Hopefully it''s been overblown. I certainly hope so. Everyone pulling together is a huge plus for any club

Fairly sure they were for Grabban. Motormouth in front of me was giving him stick from minute one - the usual "F*** off back to Bournemouth" and "you''re lazy Grabban" etc. Didn''t seem to make much noise after he scored tho...

All clubs have boo boys, it''s their pleasure from supporting ................................ believe.

They usually end up with egg upon their faces.

Yes I too thought the Boo''s were for Grabban when the team was read out....

whilst not nice to hear its perfectly understandable that anyone refusing to wear the shirt (whatever the reason) when asked to do so when being handsomely paid for the privilege, whilst others part with hard earned cash week in week out to be there, is going to be the target of the frustration of many.....I am sure if the lad shows the right attitude and work rate he will be forgiven by the fans but lets not forget his petulance has shown its ugly head on more than one occasion !

I think AN was mainly referring to when Grabban gave the ball away in the first half, in the lower barclay that''s the only time I could really hear any boos or anger directed at Grabban. Typically, grabban chased down the ball and won us a corner out of it, which made the boo boys look like the idiots they are.

[quote user="hogesar"]I think AN was mainly referring to when Grabban gave the ball away in the first half, in the lower barclay that''s the only time I could really hear any boos or anger directed at Grabban. Typically, grabban chased down the ball and won us a corner out of it, which made the boo boys look like the idiots they are.[/quote]

I don''t have any words for people who boo at a player on our own team in a situation like that, or if anyone booed at his name being called out on the team sheet.  Utterly ridiculous.  What are these people doing at a football ground?  Certainly not supporting.  Anger, yes - we all get angry at times at what happens on a pitch - but booing is a particularly vindictive and personal form of  response and no player picked to play for our team deserves that.   That fans pay their money and have a right to react in whatever way they like?   B*ll*x.....they are supposed to be supporters.

What you need to try and understand LDC is that when actually attending a game ,, live,, at the ground ,, there is a whole lot more emotion than when you sit in your bedroom watching a stream , and I didn''t hear any boos , but even so , fans are perfectly entitled to their own opinion , and how they demonstrate it , within the law of course . Get over it .

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]What you need to try and understand LDC is that when actually attending a game ,, live,, at the ground ,, there is a whole lot more emotion than when you sit in your bedroom watching a stream , and I didn''t hear any boos , but even so , fans are perfectly entitled to their own opinion , and how they demonstrate it , within the law of course . Get over it .[/quote]

Lol.   I don''t know how old you are, but I''ve been going to CR off and on since the late sixties, so you don''t need to tell me about attending "live" games. People get away with all sorts these days under the banner of "I''ll do what I like" - but in my book that is just pure selfishness and disregard for others - in this case disregard for the player, the team and the manager  - who has repeatedly said there is no issue with Grabban.

Totally agree with LDC on this one. Going to the game doesn''t give the divine right to act like a total tool.

The negativity and moaning about Grabban''s inclusion, both before and even by some after the game, was embarrassing from some. Would love to have seen their faces when he stuck away the equaliser.

What did AN say about booing yesterday, I certainly didn''t hear anything and was surprised to read this?

Grabban does have a rebuilding exercise to do though, some fans have long memories and what he did was very disrespectful to the club and his fellow pros.

Scoring a few goals will soon sort that on though.

Rather than boos I heard some moans and groans, when Grabban didn''t hang on to the ball (once) and when Ruddy mis- kicked (twice) and Wes telegraphed his passes to the opposition twice, so boos were nothing in particular, imo.

To Barclay seats 48/49

Unfortunately in this instance you might not of heard them but AN did. If you listen to his interview he was clearly not happy. But oh well when the time comes when he has to decide wether to stay or go dont all turn on him if he decides to go.

There were "ironic cheers" quite a few times when Ruddy kicked and it stayed in, cleared three men etc. I know they''re professionals and their paid handsomely, but how is that actually going to help someone who is having a poor game? (I actually don''t think overall he had a poor game, just his kicking)

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]I think AN was mainly referring to when Grabban gave the ball away in the first half, in the lower barclay that''s the only time I could really hear any boos or anger directed at Grabban. Typically, grabban chased down the ball and won us a corner out of it, which made the boo boys look like the idiots they are.[/quote]

I don''t have any words for people who boo at a player on our own team in a situation like that, or if anyone booed at his name being called out on the team sheet.  Utterly ridiculous.  What are these people doing at a football ground?  Certainly not supporting.  Anger, yes - we all get angry at times at what happens on a pitch - but booing is a particularly vindictive and personal form of  response and no player picked to play for our team deserves that.   That fans pay their money and have a right to react in whatever way they like?   B*ll*x.....they are supposed to be supporters. [/quote]100% this.I despise the ''I pay my money, and I''ll boo if I want'' argument. If you''re a supporter, you have an opportunity, or even an obligation to make the atmosphere as best for your players, and as intimidating for the oppo as possible. Booing at any time during the game does the reverse.If you''re unhappy with a result, or performance, then show it at the end. But during, or even before the match is just unhelpful to the cause.Fortunately, this is twice in 2 weeks the boo boys have been wrong, and then subsequently called out - the first being the Jerome sub v Swansea. Hopefully they''ll soon get the message that they don''t know football as well as Alex Neil.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Funny how the plastics all think the same way .[/quote]Care to meet up before the Everton game? I''ll buy you a beer and we can discuss the plasticity of the cards which allows me +1 access to Carrow Road for every home league game.On second thoughts, you''d probably just boo me.

I don''t think there''s any difference in reaction between those who attend and those who watch from afar. Just read the match threads or any thread on here after a game. You will see the same reactions as you get in the stadium. Some fans appear to be waiting for an opportunity to boo or moan. Some fans like to get behind players even if they''re struggling. Some fans can''t wait for certain players to make a mistake. Some fans can''t wait for a player to do something good. Some fans give grudging praise when we win but get ''passionate'' when we lose. Some fans give grudging criticism when we lose but get passionate when we win. All of us see our reactions as ''realistic''...

I know which I am but are all you aware which you are[;)]

I think he''s living in cloud cuckoo land if he believed that Grabben was going to walk back in without getting any negative reaction! I''ve spoke to a leading player at the club about him and he said the same as these so called boo boys. If you''re going to act like a petulant child then expect a reaction. Also these rumours of why it happened are just that, rumours. He''d wanted to go to Bournemouth all window and was told if they met the clubs valuation he could go. They didn''t so he tried to force it.

AN didn''t have a problem, Grabban scored and you still think you have an argument?????????????????????

I was as disappointed as anybody with Grabban''s actions over the summer and I appreciate the boy has work to do to re-build some burned bridges. However, I also feel that those who boo him while he wears the Club''s shirt are as petulant as he was and I honestly do not see what such people think they have to gain from doing so. What good will come of it? Who wins from that behaviour? As others have observed, it''s likely to be counter-productive. Perhaps one could postulate an argument of reverse psychology; give the lad motivation to prove the boo boys wrong? It seems to me that the gaffer doesn''t see it that way. The Club have dealt with Grabban in the way they see fit and now I want to see the whole outfit pulling in the same direction, which it feels like we are close to doing. Booing is divisive and gives the opposition a lift and something to work with.
Sheesh; talk about the enemy within...