Sign in to follow this  
Lynn Canary

Loza at Watford ?

Amazing performance from the team and from Loza tonight. Question is, after 5 goals tonight, will Alex Neil give Loza a chance at Watford ? I know he is probably last choice at the minute but you can''t overlook his game tonight. Last season Josh Murphy got a hat trick in an under 21 game and was promoted to bench for the next league game. Wonder if there is a chance the same thing will happen for Loza at the weekend

There''s a huge difference between last season in the Champs, and this season - it would be a bigger surprise than Grabban starting yesterday if Loza played this weekend, but i suppose you never know. I guess he might be more likely to make the bench.

I rate Loza and would love to see him given a chance, now only playing only 1 forward I feel we would lose a star in the making to another club.

I would put him on the bench as reward for that form I feel the club to move forward we have to get youth players to filter into first team squads

Agree, the bench would be a good start and maybe 5-10 mins.

Or what''s is the point of our youth investment if we don''t test them now and again.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Looks like the biggest problem Neil has is how to fit Loza and Lafferty in the same team.I mean, they''re both full internationals and everything - which apparently is a whole other level from the Premier League.[/quote]BTW - in case anyone is struggling with the tone of the typed words above - it''s ''sarcasm''.Many people rate it as the lowest form of wit. Me, I rate it just above puns. However, if it''s considered as ''half-witty'', I think it will be right on the level with most on here recently.

Don''t do yourself down Mr Theoklitos.

The full quote from Oscar Wilde was actually: "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit....but the highest form of intelligence."

Most people don''t know the second half of the quote. (Although Wilde might have been being sarcastic with the second part).

LOL Theo. Loza won''t be playing at Watford. I don''t think Laffs will either but as we know Alex Neil likes to make surprising selections.

Can''t remember the last time I saw a striker score 5 for one of our teams. Not sure I ever have. I''m really pleased for Loza. Who knows what the future holds...

Agreed Nutty, chuffed for the lad but a long, long way off starting ahead of Mbok, Cam, Grabban and even Laffs. Good to see some enthusiastic support for our youngsters though!

I also think Loza won''t make it to watford - I think what it did do though is open up many windows for him to go to League 1 or the championship on loan.

But you do raise quite a good question - who will be our striker at watford? I think at this point it''s safe to assume AN won''t just play a striker because he''s scored - he will play the best striker for the game in question. I must admit I haven''t watched much of Watford this season although I''ve heard they''ve played some good football. I think Grabban may be the go-to where we expect less than 50% possession against our opponents. assuming we go one striker - who is it out of Mbokani, Jerome, Grabban, and Lafferty (only including him as Grabbans appearance proves nothing is out of question.)

Personally I would go with either starting out with Mbokani - Or using Jerome to tire out the defence and perhaps get a cheeky goal, for Mbokani to come on against a tired and (hopefully frustrated) Watford

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Don''t do yourself down Mr Theoklitos.

The full quote from Oscar Wilde was actually: "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit....but the highest form of intelligence."

Most people don''t know the second half of the quote. (Although Wilde might have been being sarcastic with the second part).[/quote]I never knew that quote came from Oscar Wilde, never mind that there was a second half to the quote. Goes to show how uncultured I am.Every day''s a school day here on the Pink ''un![:D]

Can''t see him upsetting the current profile of the first team, but this will definitely help him in the future depending on how this season goes. If we get on a decent run and get reasonably safe then I would not bet against some of the likes of Loza and Toffolo, maybe even a Murphy once again, getting some good first team game time later in the season.

Have to assume that Hooper, Lafferty and RvW will be off in the summer, unless we buy Mbok then we would be down to Grabban and Jerome- so maybe a place for Loza and Carlton Morris also in the long term plan.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Looks like the biggest problem Neil has is how to fit Loza and Lafferty in the same team.I mean, they''re both full internationals and everything - which apparently is a whole other level from the Premier League.[/quote]BTW - in case anyone is struggling with the tone of the typed words above - it''s ''sarcasm''.Many people rate it as the lowest form of wit. Me, I rate it just above puns. However, if it''s considered as ''half-witty'', I think it will be right on the level with most on here recently.[/quote]I''m not a huge fan of puns. In fact I got into an argument with one of the 7 dwarves about them, he wasn''t happy.

I don''t think theres anything wrong with rewarding a player like Loza, after a good performance, with a spot on the bench. Whats the point otherwise? If he is showing good form and the manager thinks he can maybe make the step up, then why not?As for Lafferty, I suspect we need him for the busy festive period, and he will go in January anyway.

Loza targeting another loan deal. Has not done much in previous loan spells.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/jamar_loza_targets_fresh_loan_chance_after_memorable_five_goal_haul_for_norwich_city_u21s_1_4331535

I went to the game last night. It was probably the 4th or5th time I''ve seen him. He reminds me a bit of Earnshaw but he''s nowhere near PL level yet.

He''s a small lad and is easily brushed off the ball so maybe the lower leagues might not be the best place for him where he''d come up against more ''robust'' defenders.

I''d be happy to see him at Rotherham or Hamilton though. I think in the SPL in particualar, a fast paced, frenetic league where pace kills I think he could do a good job up there for Hamilton.

It''s all very encouraging though. IF we were to be relegated and IF we lost certain players we actually have some very good replacements starting to make progress and make a decent Chump squad.

The Watford game is massive though, so I don''t expect Loza to figure. FA Cup not far away though.

As much as I want the guy to succeed Loza is very hit and miss. In the games I''ve seen him play there''s a 50/50 chance of whether he''ll turn up and be a threat or not - something he needs to work on if he wants to succeed. He''s certainly a long way behind Carlton Morris, The Murphys or Toffolo in terms of being around the first team. A loan at a decent side would do him the world of good, lots of room for improvement but lots of promise as well

No from me too, he''ll wont get ahead of Grabban, Jerome, Mbokani this weekend and playing well in an Under 21 game is a bit different to a Premier game away at Watford

Took his goals well but Southampton looked dreadful defensively and the ''keeper didn''t look like saving anything.