Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Stephen Fry to Visit Carrow Road.

So he will get to Carrow Road this season. No not a game ,a Board meeting nor an AGM. Such a shame there is not a game that weekend he could have watched. [:D][:P][;)]http://www.canarycatering.co.uk/events/an-evening-with-stephen-fry.aspx

[quote user="Bor"]This is taking on pettiness of Wiz proportions.[/quote]Unless of course it is you posting it i suppose Bor ? [:|]

Perhaps Mr Tilson will be happy if at any time Mr Fry cannot attend an event at Carrow Rd, he sends a note that can be read over the tannoy.

"Unless of course it is you posting it i suppose Bor ? [:|]"

No idea what that means.

I don''t have a problem with Stephen Fry and am glad he is devoting time from his busy schedule to raise some money for the club.

If you want to beat the club''s ownership then sturdier sticks are available.

Guys if this event was taking place in London, organised by an institution such as the IOD, Tickets would start at £150 minimum, and would fly off the shelf, Stephen Fry is a huge draw.

[quote user="Bor"]"Unless of course it is you posting it i suppose Bor ? [:|]"

No idea what that means.

I don''t have a problem with Stephen Fry and am glad he is devoting time from his busy schedule to raise some money for the club.

If you want to beat the club''s ownership then sturdier sticks are available.[/quote]Stephen Fry is the holder of 100 shares which makes him way down the list as far as shareholders are concerned who amount to between 5 and 6 thousand i believe so i am hardly wishing to '' beat the club''s ownership '' as you put it Bor. I hold just as many shares as Mr.Fry and there are hundreds of fans who hold considerably more. Your assumption that i am looking for a stick to beat the Board with is far from the case.My gripe is that he is a continual absentee at board meetings, has a pathetic attendance record at AGM''s and to a far lesser degree is a non attender at games. As i have said before we were told that his vast social media army of followers makes it a useful way of promoting Norwich City throughout the world but that has not been happening for some considerable time now.I have no problem whatsoever with Stephen Fry as a man who has tremendous intelligence and wit and without doubt is a media darling and high profile TV star but there it ends. Had he been a Board member not in the media and TV spotlight i honestly do not think some on here would be so tolerent of his continued absense. Our seven Board members are running a business with a turnover of about £100 million and trying to move us forward and to my mind are carrying a passenger.Yep my opinion but for you to compare me to Wiz and his warped views and to suggest i am looking attempting to '' beat the club''s ownership'' is just mischief making but then again you are good at that Bor.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Bor"]"Unless of course it is you posting it i suppose Bor ? [:|]"

No idea what that means.

If you want to beat the club''s ownership then sturdier sticks are available.[/quote]Stephen Fry is the holder of 100 shares which makes him way down the list as far as shareholders are concerned who amount to between 5 and 6 thousand i believe so i am hardly wishing to '' beat the club''s ownership '' as you put it Bor. I hold just as many shares as Mr.Fry and there are hundreds of fans who hold considerably more. Your assumption that i am looking for a stick to beat the Board with is far from the case.My gripe is that he is a continual absentee at board meetings, has a pathetic attendance record at AGM''s and to a far lesser degree is a non attender at games. As i have said before we were told that his vast social media army of followers makes it a useful way of promoting Norwich City throughout the world but that has not been happening for some considerable time now.I have no problem whatsoever with Stephen Fry as a man who has tremendous intelligence and wit and without doubt is a media darling and high profile TV star but there it ends. Had he been a Board member not in the media and TV spotlight i honestly do not think some on here would be so tolerent of his continued absense. Our seven Board members are running a business with a turnover of about £100 million and trying to move us forward and to my mind are carrying a passenger.Yep my opinion but for you to compare me to Wiz and his warped views and to suggest i am looking attempting to '' beat the club''s ownership'' is just mischief making but then again you are good at that Bor.[/quote]This is now being stated as a fact. Is it a fact? I have no idea, but even if he isn''t physically in attendance he can make a contribution by way of video conferencing, or make his views known in advance on important topics.

When his apologies for absence was announced at the AGM  Steve Stone in response to a question from the floor stated that they had no idea where he was ! Oh and there was a Board meeting that very afternoon.

[quote user="lappinitup"]You''re only miffed because you didn''t get an invite to his wedding. [W][/quote]Wiz went as i was at the game. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"]You''re only miffed because you didn''t get an invite to his wedding. [W][/quote]Wiz went as i was at the game. [;)][/quote]Now that''s funny..................[:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Bor"]"Unless of course it is you posting it i suppose Bor ? [:|]"

No idea what that means.

If you want to beat the club''s ownership then sturdier sticks are available.[/quote]Stephen Fry is the holder of 100 shares which makes him way down the list as far as shareholders are concerned who amount to between 5 and 6 thousand i believe so i am hardly wishing to '' beat the club''s ownership '' as you put it Bor. I hold just as many shares as Mr.Fry and there are hundreds of fans who hold considerably more. Your assumption that i am looking for a stick to beat the Board with is far from the case.My gripe is that he is a continual absentee at board meetings, has a pathetic attendance record at AGM''s and to a far lesser degree is a non attender at games. As i have said before we were told that his vast social media army of followers makes it a useful way of promoting Norwich City throughout the world but that has not been happening for some considerable time now.I have no problem whatsoever with Stephen Fry as a man who has tremendous intelligence and wit and without doubt is a media darling and high profile TV star but there it ends. Had he been a Board member not in the media and TV spotlight i honestly do not think some on here would be so tolerent of his continued absense. Our seven Board members are running a business with a turnover of about £100 million and trying to move us forward and to my mind are carrying a passenger.Yep my opinion but for you to compare me to Wiz and his warped views and to suggest i am looking attempting to '' beat the club''s ownership'' is just mischief making but then again you are good at that Bor.[/quote]

Huzzah!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]When his apologies for absence was announced at the AGM  Steve Stone in response to a question from the floor stated that they had no idea where he was ! Oh and there was a Board meeting that very afternoon.[/quote]So you don''t know for a fact he is "a continual absentee" from board meetings. Fine.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]When his apologies for absence was announced at the AGM  Steve Stone in response to a question from the floor stated that they had no idea where he was ! Oh and there was a Board meeting that very afternoon.[/quote]So you don''t know for a fact he is "a continual absentee" from board meetings. Fine.[/quote]Did i say i didn''t know ?

"Our seven Board members are running a business with a turnover of about £100 million and trying to move us forward and to my mind are carrying a passenger."

John whilst I agree with the sentiment of your thread I have to draw a line at this sentence.

There''s only one board member running the business - McNally.

And how exactly are they ''trying to move us forward''? Have you any evidence of this?

As for passengers - there''s five of them - all sitting in the back blindfolded while McNally has the wheel and Bowkett helps navigate - but only IF asked!

How the hell do you know how the club is run. You''re just a nobody like the rest of us.

The question to ask is ''how much material benefit does Fry being a board member bring to the club?''. I''d say not a lot.It''s not like Sainsburys Magazine where having Stephen Fry write a column might sell more copies and boost the supermarket''s image. We''re looking at the odd tweet, a mention in the media every so often, a handful of tv camera close ups of Fry in the stands and an occassional commentary on a youtube video.Fry''s contribution doesn''t amount to much, the benefit in terms of media profile seems exaggerated and would be the same if he was club president as opposed to a board member.I''d rather see someone like Dave Stringer or an ex-player on the board, I''d have thought that they''d at least be more likely to turn up to an AGM. In the boardroom we need more footballing brains, less airy fairy media PR.

"How the hell do you know how the club is run. You''re just a nobody like the rest of us."

Lol. That''s what you think pal. I''m closer to the club than any other poster on here. Wait, it''s either that or I''m Smudger?! It''s one of those 2 - I''ll let you make your own mind up.

[quote user="ruthers1"] I''m closer to the club than any other poster on here.[/quote]What are you still living in Thorpe Hamlet Smudger ? [:P]